What is the LEGAL Cali. Window tint??? - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What is the LEGAL Cali. Window tint???
Saturday, December 24, 2005 12:45 AM
Yes , I'll start by saying I'v searched.......
What is the LEGAL window tint %???
Not what you can get by with.... I
think it is 20% but not shure?
...of the driver and passenger side window???

Re: What is the LEGAL Cali. Window tint???
Saturday, December 24, 2005 12:49 AM
any thing you want on the rear windows

NOTHING ON THE FRONT WINDOWS

Saturday, December 24, 2005 1:13 AM
What are the sides though???

Saturday, December 24, 2005 2:07 AM
Side fronts are illegal all and all...unless you have written permission by a doctor...rear quarters and rear window can be 5%....

www.team-koketsu.com

www.okwerdz.com
Saturday, December 24, 2005 11:01 AM
you might as well just not get it not to sound messed up but cali is a trip on rules save yourself the unessasary time getting pulled over about tint.

Saturday, December 24, 2005 11:03 AM
anything behind the 2 front doors can be painted black if you so choose , you just have to have a mirror on each door

that is what i mean by rear

i worked at a tint shop in carson for 7 years

Saturday, December 24, 2005 11:06 AM
^^^ Im so painting my rear window black to give it a stealth look.

Saturday, December 24, 2005 11:44 AM
like said, anything behind the front doors is fine whatever darkness. anything on the front door windows as well as the front windshield is illegal (with exception for the stripe at the top of front window).

Quote:

you might as well just not get it not to sound messed up but cali is a trip on rules save yourself the unessasary time getting pulled over about tint.

i know very few people who don't have tint on the front door windows. do people get pulled over for it, yes. is it common, no. i've never been pulled over for tint on any of my cars. my tint is dark all the way around. my wife has never been pulled over. neither have my brother, parents, friends...you get the point. i only know one person who's been pulled over for tint. thing is, he didn't get pulled over cuz it was dark, he got pulled over cuz he had the metallic flames on his front windows.

GO PATS!!!
Saturday, December 24, 2005 12:10 PM
i have limo on all my windows except the two fronts. on there i have almost a mirrored tint so it tends to not look tinted compared to the rest of them. i have never been pulled over for it. i have however been pulled over for my fronts being tented back in the day when i had limo tint on my fronts when i had my lowrider. quite a few times actually. almost everyone i know who has the fronts tinted has been pulled over at least once for it. if you decide to do it, i would suggest keeping it VERY light.

titus03 wrote:^^^ Im so painting my rear window black to give it a stealth look.

i have known two people who have done this because of the stereo equipment they had. it looks pretty sick.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Saturday, December 24, 2005 1:57 PM
Right, anything behind the driver can be tinted any darkness as long as you have a rear view mirror on both doors. Anything on the front two windows is illegal. And you can have a "sun visor" tint at the top of your windshield, but I'm pretty sure it can't extend more than 5" from the top of the windshield.

I got pulled over the other day for not having license plates. The cop mentioned that I tinted my windows pretty fast considering I hadn't even gotten plates yet, and I thought for sure I was gonna get ticketed for my windows, but he just let me go. It was a CHP, I was pleasantly surprised.

Sunday, December 25, 2005 9:25 AM
lucky bastard

GO PATS!!!

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 8:09 AM
Sparks (The Redneck) wrote:like said, anything behind the front doors is fine whatever darkness. anything on the front door windows as well as the front windshield is illegal (with exception for the stripe at the top of front window).

Quote:

i know very few people who don't have tint on the front door windows. do people get pulled over for it, yes. is it common, no. i've never been pulled over for tint on any of my cars. my tint is dark all the way around. my wife has never been pulled over. neither have my brother, parents, friends...you get the point. i only know one person who's been pulled over for tint. thing is, he didn't get pulled over cuz it was dark, he got pulled over cuz he had the metallic flames on his front windows.

That's great. But that's not typical where I live. My wife and I have been pulled over twice now (including just recently where we tried to get away with it again) and everyone *I* know has been pulled over up and down the San Joaquin Valley.

Clearly it depends where you live as not all police departments have the same agenda.

---

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 12:13 PM
yea i guess thats true. hell, my neighbor is a cop and sold me my wife's car with tint darker than what i had on my cavalier.

guess it depends on where you live.

GO PATS!!!
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 12:18 PM
BTW I should add one thing.

Tinted side windows should cost no more than 40 bucks a window. The ticket is a fix-it ticket that is only $10. If you get caught, a hair dryer and exacto-blade is all it takes to get it off.

So the consequences of getting caught are quite minimal.

---

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 10:49 AM
I have had limo tint on my side windows ever since i bought the car.

I have passed by multiple cops and multiple CHP officers.

Not once have I been pulled over for tint (knock on wood).

Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:25 AM
I got pulled over a few times for tint, but the car was heavily modded, never got a ticket for tint though.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search