Awsome end to a bad day - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Awsome end to a bad day
Monday, January 09, 2006 9:28 PM
I was driving home from work about 5 pm. I was in traffic and i saw a 05 nissan 350 z.
I pulled up to it and we smiled at each other then he sped up. I was like ok well i will F with him a little so i punched it. We did that for a mile untill the traffic cleared. He was behind me and i took off he started chashing me and to his suprise i pull away a little. He slowed down, so did I he pulled up next to me and started yellin D@mn your car is fast. I smiled and said WHAT?!! just to hear him say it again! God that made a bad day better. Just wanted to share that with everyone.

Re: Awsome end to a bad day
Monday, January 09, 2006 9:40 PM
Not to be hating, but he was messing with you.

Monday, January 09, 2006 9:40 PM
Im gald you enjoyed yourself. Next time please post these stories in j-body versus forum.

Monday, January 09, 2006 9:48 PM
ok first why hate. If he was then he was but he was excited and was banging on his car. also how about you come to quallcom and lets see you beat me! The reason i didn't post it there was because i thought i would get some hey man that's great but i guess not

Monday, January 09, 2006 9:57 PM
Kenny Baldwin wrote:ok first why hate. If he was then he was but he was excited and was banging on his car. also how about you come to quallcom and lets see you beat me! The reason i didn't post it there was because i thought i would get some hey man that's great but i guess not

Hopefully you weren't telling me why the hate.

Congrats on beating a low 14 second car.

What's your best 1/8th or 1/4 mile time?

Monday, January 09, 2006 10:03 PM
ok it sounded like you were hateing i can't stand that. i don't remember i am going to run again next time quallcom is running then i will post my time

Monday, January 09, 2006 10:09 PM
Kenny Baldwin wrote:ok it sounded like you were hateing i can't stand that. i don't remember i am going to run again next time quallcom is running then i will post my time

Well, I did start of the sentence with "Not to be hating"
It's cool though.

My best 1/8 mile is a 10.05 at irwindale.

Monday, January 09, 2006 10:15 PM
ok well i will see if i can beat that.

Monday, January 09, 2006 10:22 PM
I hate traffic with a passion. I sit in 3 hours of it everyday.

Let me vent really quick, I leave my house at 5:20 in the morning, get to work by 7:00, work until 4:00, then get back home at 5:30.

That's like a 12 hour workday for an 8 hour job.......something's not right there (1/2 hour lunch, 1/2 hour overtime everyday).

Anyways, what freeway was this on?

Monday, January 09, 2006 10:52 PM
it was on the 52 going east.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 7:03 AM
He can't be serious that you car is fast. He must of been sarcastic.

---

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 7:10 AM
lol well if you were there you would have a change of heart but it is ok i knew this would happen it is all good

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 7:14 AM
It's just that I own two Cavaliers, one with a ton of mods. It's still not fast. I'd be shocked, SHOCKED if I could take a 350Z.

---

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 7:43 AM
nice

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 11:54 AM
AGuSTiN,
Ok you do have a lot of mods on your car some that is vital and some that causes drag. But, how much WHP do you have? i know your car started with 150 and 155 lbs torque and our cars have low end speed that is where we take ppl and like i said traffic just let up so we are in low end speed. I didn't say we going for 4 miles it was a short run and we enjoyed the run. Take your car to the track I know for a fact that inari raced one at quallcom and would have won if he didn't freak out a little. Beat him off the line and pulled. I just don't know what happend. LOL. Everyone thinks that our cars are worthless but i know now that they are better then anyone thinks. THAT IS WHY I BOUGHT MY CAV!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 12:02 PM
directly quoted from kenny baldwin in the so cal j's thread

Quote:

2.THERE IS NO RACING ON THE HIGHWAY OR ANYWHERE ELSE THAT ISN'T A TRACK.(I.E. QUALCOMM)

....???

GO PATS!!!
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 12:09 PM
Haha

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 12:11 PM

GO PATS!!!
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 12:26 PM
Kenny Baldwin wrote:AGuSTiN,
Ok you do have a lot of mods on your car some that is vital and some that causes drag. But, how much WHP do you have? i know your car started with 150 and 155 lbs torque and our cars have low end speed that is where we take ppl and like i said traffic just let up so we are in low end speed. I didn't say we going for 4 miles it was a short run and we enjoyed the run. Take your car to the track I know for a fact that inari raced one at quallcom and would have won if he didn't freak out a little. Beat him off the line and pulled. I just don't know what happend. LOL. Everyone thinks that our cars are worthless but i know now that they are better then anyone thinks. THAT IS WHY I BOUGHT MY CAV!

First of all, I could care less about racing my 14-15 second (est) car at a track 6 hours+ from my house, win or lose, when a 10-second bike is my garage and the mountains are in eye-sight.

Second, I doubt your friend could take the car w/ all it's mods. Drag? Talking minor aerodynamics on cars as slow as ours is retarded. We're not fast enough to matter.

Third, a 350Z still has more torque than us at low speeds. It doesn't take much Googling to see it.

Maybe your story is true, but it sounds like a wild exaggeration. I'm just sayin'.

---

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 12:47 PM
AGuSTiN wrote:
Kenny Baldwin wrote:AGuSTiN,

First of all, I could care less about racing my 14-15 second (est) car at a track 6 hours+ from my house, win or lose, when a 10-second bike is my garage and the mountains are in eye-sight.

Second, I doubt your friend could take the car w/ all it's mods. Drag? Talking minor aerodynamics on cars as slow as ours is retarded. We're not fast enough to matter.

Third, a 350Z still has more torque than us at low speeds. It doesn't take much Googling to see it.

Maybe your story is true, but it sounds like a wild exaggeration. I'm just sayin'.

Also i asked my right hand man before i posted this to see if he called this street racing. we agreed that what we meant was don't go to a fast and the furious race. Everyone know what i am talking about if you say i am wrong well that is your opinion. Also it isn't always about hp. Weight has a mad factor in it ok how much does out cars weight.(2617) and there weight is(3370) and what you say that doesn't make a difference. Our car is753 pounds less. I know that they have way more stock hp then we do.(287) to our (140-150) but heavier is heavier and that is our advantage that is why i did what i did. Also are YOU stock no so why are you worrying that you can't run with this car

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 1:42 PM
Well, I'm not worrying if I can run with a 350Z, I had never really thought about it till I read this.

Using your #'s, a 350Z has 11lbs per horsepower, our cars have a 17lb per horsepower, so the 350Z's hold a significant power-to-weight ratio advantage. Even with all my mods I somehow had 200hp (and there is no way that's true), the 350Z would still best a 13lb/horse ratio.

So weight is weight, but power is power.

---

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 2:06 PM
Quote:

Also i asked my right hand man before i posted this to see if he called this street racing. we agreed that what we meant was don't go to a fast and the furious race.

thats great, you didn't go to a fast and furious race. but the so cal j "rules" say no racing ON THE HIGHWAY, which is what you were doing.

GO PATS!!!
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 3:17 PM
ok so what do you want me to do?

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 3:21 PM
according to the rules, you're out of the club

i don't give a damn, i'm just giving you a hard time

GO PATS!!!
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 3:24 PM
haha yeah me too

---

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search