Selling my truck. - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Selling my truck.
Thursday, February 09, 2006 4:00 PM
After having this for a few months i realized im not a truck person. i want a car again.
1991 Chevy Suburban 4x4 2500
Mods: K&N, Edelbrock headers(smog legal) flowmaster
Suspension: 6" Procomp Lift, new ES9000 shocks, new ball joints. Parnelli jones dirt grip tires 36"s
extras:Keyless entry, tint,3rd row seats, Rear a/c, CD player full sized spare. This truck runs like a champ, strong motor, ac works great. as far as trucks go its pretty cool, but like i said im a car guy at heart and want to get back into one. please let me know if you have any questions or know anyone that may be interested
$5k obo

Re: Selling my truck.
Thursday, February 09, 2006 4:39 PM
that thing rocks!!!
if i wasnt into so many investments right now, id so hit that. i might as well give you my best offer.... $3000.00
sorry if it offends you.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Friday, February 10, 2006 12:28 PM
not at all an offer is an offer, the only thing is my friend fronted me the money to buy it and i still owe him more then that. thats for the compliment =D

Sunday, May 14, 2006 12:17 PM
Its still for sale if anyone is interested, here is a better pic of the Truck

Sunday, May 14, 2006 1:20 PM
damn i wish gas wasn't 4 bucks a gallon.

how many miles, what kind of engine/trans?

GO PATS!!!
Sunday, May 14, 2006 10:32 PM
The Redneck wrote:damn i wish gas wasn't 4 bucks a gallon.

most likely 350 TBI, auto tranny (I think all 4x4 GM trucks back then were the 700R4)

Monday, May 15, 2006 12:53 AM
Mikedirntrulez wrote:

most likely 350 TBI, auto tranny (I think all 4x4 GM trucks back then were the 700R4)

Hit the nail on the head
it also has .456 gears so the mpg isnt THAT bad, i figured like 8-10 city 12-14 highway, which for something that size...not to bad, the chassis has 160k, new motor and trans have about 50k
but yeah its a 350TBI/700R4

Monday, May 15, 2006 10:30 AM
EarthAD wrote:
Mikedirntrulez wrote:

Hit the nail on the head
it also has .456 gears so the mpg isnt THAT bad, i figured like 8-10 city 12-14 highway, which for something that size...not to bad, the chassis has 160k, new motor and trans have about 50k
but yeah its a 350TBI/700R4

Not trying to interrogate you here, but .456? Are you talking about the rear end ratio? Because if you are, I have never heard of such a thing, or are you talking about the final drive ratio? I'm confused.

And you are right, that is not bad for something that big. My g/f's YJ gets the same and it has a smaller engine, isn't lifted, and is 100% stock.

Monday, May 15, 2006 12:24 PM
geeze...buy a truck? buy steve's camaro?buy a truck? buy steve's camaro?buy a truck? buy steve's camaro?buy a truck? buy steve's camaro?

i'm so confused.

GO PATS!!!
Monday, May 15, 2006 1:55 PM
The Redneck wrote:geeze...buy a truck? buy steve's camaro?buy a truck? buy steve's camaro?buy a truck? buy steve's camaro?buy a truck? buy steve's camaro?

i'm so confused.

Haha, well like I told you in the PM, it wont be for sale for a little while (definitely >6 months), until I get all my debts paid off.. but you're first in line if you don't have a car by then.

Monday, May 15, 2006 1:58 PM
Sorry to steal your thread, it is a really nice truck, you definitely can't go wrong with a 700R4 and an L05 with under 50k, these damn things last forever if you just take care of them.

However, I do think without the lift, big tires, and lets say a 3.23 (2.73 if you never go off-roading) rear and front ratio, datalog the TBI and get the AF mixture right, get it nice and tuned up (not saying yours is crap but the way they tuned the ECMs from the factory could use MUCH improvement), you could see a good 20-24 MPG highway out of that thing.

Monday, May 15, 2006 6:31 PM
yeah .456 rear and front gears, its to compensate for the big tires, it makes it so its seeming stock set up so you dont burn up the tranny. I beleve it came with .373 stock which would give you alot better mileage on the highway but would kill your mpg and tranny in the city. .456 gears a lil more aggressive than stock so it will get you up to speed faster but will limit your top speed i guess you could say...

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 9:24 AM
oh ok you're talking about the differential ratios. just checking.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 9:19 PM
i dont think you mean .456. I think you lean 4.56. You put in taller gears to compensate for the big tires. ( i could be wrong).

2004 Cavalier, 2.2L Ecotec
1965 El Camino, 396 BBC, 14:1, 800 BHP
Tuesday, May 16, 2006 10:20 PM
yeah demonchild is right, most of the time you change out the gearing in the rearend to compensate for the taller tires that way u dont end up getting like 2-3 mpg.

That is a nice rig, wish i could pick it up =)
but my dumbass traded a 97 z71 with 6" lift and 35s for a cobalt that has done nothing but give me problems.

DOMESTIC UPRISING for life
have a nice day =)
Wednesday, May 17, 2006 10:41 AM
Haha yeah i always get the decimal in the wrong place. but yeah its front and rear gears.
Well im about to do the same thing almost, well im thinking about getting a subaru after this but who knows.
Thanks for the compliments

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search