High octane - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
High octane
Sunday, February 19, 2006 2:35 AM
um... I'm still pretty new to california...

but I have a question for all you so pac guys.

Where the hell can a guy fill up with higher than 91 octane?

I ask because I'm on my way to doing a 2.3 head swap on my 2.4 and I'd just like to make sure where I can get some higher octane gas to control some of the knocking/detonation from he amount of compression that will probably be run... 11.5:1 or so?

Anyways could someone point me in the right direction?

Re: High octane
Sunday, February 19, 2006 7:51 AM
If you don't mind taking a long drive to get it you can come up here to sac. We have 100 at the pump at a local station.
Might want to bring a couple barrels with you since you will porbably need to refill a few times on the way back.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 9:43 AM
santa fe springs. when i get home from work today ill sne dyou the info. they have fuel up to 120 octane.

2004 Cavalier, 2.2L Ecotec
1965 El Camino, 396 BBC, 14:1, 800 BHP
Sunday, February 19, 2006 12:39 PM
titus03 wrote:If you don't mind taking a long drive to get it you can come up here to sac. We have 100 at the pump at a local station.
Might want to bring a couple barrels with you since you will porbably need to refill a few times on the way back.

i also know a gas station in penryn (10min from sac) that sells it in cans. im not sure what size cans they are. ill be able to see on wed. for you. but you can purchase a ton of it and throw it in your back seat or trunk. they look to be about 3 gal. cans. ill know for sure on wed. good luck till then.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Sunday, February 19, 2006 3:07 PM
I thought you were going gm charger.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 3:36 PM
Eh just mulling over ideas an options right now. the head idea was actually prompted by a long discussion I had with a friend of mine on quad4forums

I really should have worded my first post differently, but eh, I'll just probably scrap this idea. it's already becoming overly complicated.

Thanks either way guys.

I think I'll just stick with the m45.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 9:37 PM
buy octane boosters lots and lots..lol or glamis

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search