anyone installed a short shifter in nor-cal? - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
anyone installed a short shifter in nor-cal?
Sunday, April 02, 2006 10:56 PM
im getting ready to do a short shifter install here in the next month or so and im wondering if anyone from around here has done one?

i was gonna try to see if there was anyone that could come help me out, just so i have someone there to guide me. the pictures in the tutorial look good, but there is a lot of little things to remeber and it would help to have someone here that knows what they are doing.

would any of you be intrested in helping me out, i could give you a little $$ to make it worth your time

- Cameron (CaliforniaCavalier)
- www.csc-motorsports.com (my new NOR-CAL car tuning site)

Re: anyone installed a short shifter in nor-cal?
Monday, April 03, 2006 12:38 AM
CaliforniaCavalier wrote:im getting ready to do a short shifter install here in the next month or so and im wondering if anyone from around here has done one?

i was gonna try to see if there was anyone that could come help me out, just so i have someone there to guide me. the pictures in the tutorial look good, but there is a lot of little things to remeber and it would help to have someone here that knows what they are doing.

would any of you be intrested in helping me out, i could give you a little $$ to make it worth your time

Good luck, I havent had to do a short shifter in a j but i've tried taking a stock shifter out and it was a pain in the ass to get the cables off the shifter. good luck with it though

Monday, April 03, 2006 10:51 PM
It's not all that hard. I've done 2 on getdrag J's, 1 on a Cobalt, and 1 on an ION.

Monday, April 03, 2006 11:02 PM
I think the getrags are easier to put in than the isuzu.
I think you have to cut stuff on the isuzu.

But either way, it shouldn't be that hard, just follow the directions.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 1:48 AM
teh Sunfires... (Tom) wrote:I think the getrags are easier to put in than the isuzu.
I think you have to cut stuff on the isuzu.

But either way, it shouldn't be that hard, just follow the directions.

sure do, you have to cut and shape a few diffrent things. as well as drill out rivets and some other stuff.

which is why i was asking for some supervision

- Cameron (CaliforniaCavalier)
- www.csc-motorsports.com (my new NOR-CAL car tuning site)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search