moving to san diego.... - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
moving to san diego....
Friday, May 12, 2006 3:47 PM
ok, so I'm 19 and a Marine.....who loves to have a good time, race and screw with cars. Where do they station me? Miramar!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be in the area in about three week so i was hoping to see how many j's there actually were out there, sounds like quite a few.....anyone want to meet up once i get out there?

Re: moving to san diego....
Friday, May 12, 2006 4:51 PM
I have meet one other guy, he is in the Military as well. I am also, both of us are squids though. Mine is an '05 Silver Cav, his is a red Cav, forgot what year. He is looking to get a crew together. His car has some mods done to it, mine I am working on getting my mods done. For now all I have is a CAI on it. Currently working on replacing the entire exhaust. I am stationed at North Island in San Diego. Here is my e-mail address: georgewillings@yahoo.com
Friday, May 12, 2006 5:02 PM
yeah...deff. have to get hooked up together, i'll prolly be making trips back and forth to pendleton alot cuz of some other friends but J have got to get met out there, since i am from the hometown of the J's
Friday, May 12, 2006 9:36 PM
Yo dawg im on north island too, red/black sunfire with rksport body kit on it.

Saturday, May 13, 2006 12:05 PM
Mundo, I have seen that sunfire rolling around on base, nice. What command are you with? I am with HSM-41 (was HSL-41) currently, about to transfer to the Boxer in August though. Hit me up and I can get you in touch with the guy I was talking about that wants to get a crew together. My enfine is basically stock right now though. All I have on it is a CAI that I moded to fit my '05 Cav since it was for an '02. Currently working on the exhaust though. Going on cruise in September when I get back I am boosting.
Saturday, May 13, 2006 12:10 PM
Almost forgot fake Z24, hit me up. Let me know when your going to be here in SD.
Saturday, May 13, 2006 1:23 PM
right now i'm florida at nas jax but i grad this stupid school on thursday and should get a week or two leave then get to drive out. Hopefully while i'm back home i'll be able to get my z kit finish and on, even if just primored cuz i'm sure i could paint it using the hobby shop in miramar. changes are also going to be made to the stereo (still aint loud enough) and hopefully have some trunk work done....shaved inner tails, modded license plate location. everything else on the list should be accurate. Once i get out there i want to do a fully custom interior all from fiberglass
Monday, May 15, 2006 3:53 PM
mundo and george, do they say anything to you guys about emissions having to get checked? going there i really don't want to have to get my exhaust changed but i'm afraid i might even with out of state plates, something about they may not let me on base without it?
Monday, May 15, 2006 4:43 PM
do you still have a cat? if so you should be fine

Monday, May 15, 2006 6:35 PM
yeah still run a cat, but it's high flow and i've upped the piping to 2.25 instead of the like 1 7/8 that was on there stock, that's why i was worried and hoping the "Squids" could give me a hand cuz i'm going to a base and wasn't sure if it was neccessary to get the cali sticker with out of state plates for the base i'm going to
Wednesday, May 17, 2006 12:20 PM
Getting the stickers should not be a problem at all. I am about to put a high flow cat on my cav. But a cat is a cat, you still have one on there. Checking the emissions, they mainly look for smog. But, a neighbor of mine has an uncle that works at one of the testing stations here in San Diego, let me know when you get here. That can always be set up. But you really should not have a problem passing an emissions test. I do not remember what the law is about testing emissions on out of state cars. But I will find out, my girlfriend is from here and has lived here just about her entire life.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 12:35 PM
hey thanks for the info george........will check back to see what you find out. thanks for all the help
Monday, May 22, 2006 4:13 PM
Here is that information that you needed.

Out of state cars must have the California emissions control put on them and pass the California smog test before they can be registered in this state.
Monday, May 22, 2006 5:27 PM
george....coming in on the second of june, probably early morning but i don't have to check in untill midnight........so i should have some time to get all the things i need in order to get onto the base. may even get there on the first but i'll keep you posted on my situation. if there's a number i could contact you at it would be appreciated
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search