Witnessed two fatal crashes on Vegas vacation..... - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Witnessed two fatal crashes on Vegas vacation.....
Sunday, July 23, 2006 11:26 PM
I witnessed a few really bad accidents on my way down to Las Vegas, and while in Las Vegas last week. The first one was an '06 Mustang convertible travelling on CA-58 in the opposite direction I was. It had five people in it with the top down when the front driver side tire blew, sending it out of control and it ended up upside down in the area seperating the north and south bound lanes. Needless to say, one died from what I understand and the rest were in serious condition. I was the first to pull over and call 911, and I stayed to help out as much as I could and gave a statement to CHP about what I saw. The second one was on I-15, which I had full view of as it happened from my hotel room. A double-decker bus lost a tire, crashed through the median, and hit a semi head on. Somehow a car got involved too. The driver of the semi was killed. I was kinda in shock of what I had just witnessed. It took over 12 hours to cleasn up and re-open the road. Crazy I tell ya!

Re: Witnessed two fatal crashes on Vegas vacation.
Monday, July 24, 2006 10:22 AM
dam that is pretty crazy

Monday, July 24, 2006 1:01 PM
whoa, Im goin to vegas on the 31th of this month. was it hotter than a mofo there? Hope nothing bad happend when im there.

Monday, July 24, 2006 2:43 PM
from what I got from those two stories is: Take care of your tires!

Click on my sig to check out my CarDomain site. Enjoy!
Monday, July 24, 2006 5:58 PM
Yesterday, I saw a car flipped over and in a large bush off of the 57 going north.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 12:39 AM
I was in the north bound lane when that accident on I-15 south in vegas happened... was an awesome site..

*note: not awesome as in good, *disclaimer!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2339406
Wednesday, July 26, 2006 6:42 AM
I heard about that accident on the I-15, it happened on Saturday morning right (the 15th)? I went up to Vegas on the 13th so I missed it, but my wedding party and my family told me that it took them a long time to get to Vegas because of that accident. Crazy.

Oh, and about the heat, it was very hot. The thermometer in my car read 119 outside at one point. It probably got hotter than that though.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 6:48 PM
^^^No, it happened on Wednesday the 19th. I got there on the 16th and left on the 23rd. I kno what you mean about the heat. But at least it was dry heat, and not hot and humid like it is up here in the bay area.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search