stuck with choices - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
stuck with choices
Sunday, September 10, 2006 8:31 PM
ok so here goes. the fire is getting older and i really dont want to get another car payment and the fire has never given me any problems that couldnt be handled. now i want to give the fire a running chance at being rebuilt and giving some serious competition around where i am from.(Stockton) Now what i was thinking about doing was getting a 03-04 ecotec tranny and motor and installing it into the fire but then i dont know where to find one from, how much is it going to cost or who i can trust to do the work on. so any fellow J's that are in my area please help my fire have a chance at being great. thanks

Re: stuck with choices
Monday, September 11, 2006 8:39 AM
post pics of the car inside and out so we know if its even worth the money to do an engine swap, etc.

- Cameron (CaliforniaCavalier)
- www.csc-motorsports.com (my new NOR-CAL car club site!)

Monday, September 11, 2006 10:48 AM
Why bother? You could probably get the entire car the engine cam in for a few bucks more. Cavs and Sunfires are depreciating extra-rapidly lately.

---

Monday, September 11, 2006 7:50 PM
well it's a 00 silver 4 door with the 2.4 and i just want to get a comparison between new cav with a 5 speed in it or tranny swap or motor swap.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 9:02 PM
no dont bother. TRUST ME ON THIS YOUNG JEDI......i had a 96 automatic that i thought i could do this too, and when all was said and done its worth buying a new manual with everything done to it. and a 2 door is much nicer to modify in my opinion....

good luck..

- Cameron (CaliforniaCavalier)
- www.csc-motorsports.com (my new NOR-CAL car club site!)

Friday, September 15, 2006 5:36 PM
i thought that would be the answer. it's gotta be a 4 door though for the family. thakns for the advice. i was looking to get an 03-04 blue 4 door cavy but it seems like i am not having that much luck.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search