California questions. - Page 2 - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: California questions.
Tuesday, November 28, 2006 1:20 PM
not all GM products for cars are CARB legal

they have to submit them like every other company does , if CARB dont like it it goes back and GM redoes it

colleens cav has dc's header , i didnt notice much difference with it , but a little extra top end ,a lso hers will be coming off for a pacesetter for the cobalts which has 1 3/4" primary tubing , so that it flows better with the s/c , as well as doing a full 2 1/2" exhaust

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 1:23 PM
I specifed GM's 4 cyl parts. I think everything out there is CARB approved, but I think I forgot about the cams though. If it's not legal it will likely specifically say for Off Road Use only.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 2:37 PM
Alright. Pacesetter, ceramic coated, got it. How does one get this thing installing in a CARB legal manner though? since the header and downpipe have to be reconnected to the cat? a cat? I'm not really clear on how that part works. I didn't think you could mess with any of that in the first place.

And as long as I've got the two of you paying attention, can either of you give me advice on seats? I'd love a pair of Sparcos or Recaros but the price is prohibitive and would set other plans back, is there anything out there that's as good? I've been eyeing Grvana's deal on the Tenzos.

And I'm guessing the general consensus is that the Willwood brakes are the best option out there?

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 2:50 PM
You can install the header and have the B pipe welded to the stock exhaust and be legal.

Spend some money on the seats if you can. In the long run you will be VERY happy with that purchase. I went with the Recaro's because I couldn't afford the Sparco's and I do not regret that decision. I'd still like Sparco's, but they would of been about $600 more. Tenzo's IMO are the best inexpensive seats around, but they can't touch Recaro's. Over the life of one set of Recaro's you may need to purchase 2 sets of Tenzo's so keep that in mind. Come up to Gravana sometime and check out our Tenzo's and my Recaro's.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 3:01 PM
Damn, you are in LA. I thought you were in Phx. Well I'll definately have to swing by Gravana's, I've always wanted to see the place. I wouldn't mind doing some free wrenching for them too.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 10:21 PM
nah chad wussed out and went running back to cali , lol

on the header , you cut and weld the down pipe to the pipe that goes into the cat , i would have ever have the neck down removed from the pacesetter pipe and run a 2 1/4" into the cat which means you gotta cut the pipe at the case and open it up so a 2 1/4" pipe

im not sure if anyone makes a high flow cat that is cali legal yet for ODB2 cars

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 9:27 AM
Magnflow has them but it stops at 2002. I don't what the difference would be as far as the year
is concerned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search