Moving to Cali in April - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Moving to Cali in April
Saturday, December 16, 2006 4:46 PM
Well I am getting stationed at Travis AFB in August. I believe its north cali between san fran and sandiago. Anyone up in this area? Just so I can start talking to people before I get there and find out what you all are like. When I get more time Ill post some pics of the cav and what not

JHound
I took a Grey Hound bus to the 2005 GMSC Bash

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/501000-501999/501209_5.jpg

Re: Moving to Cali in April
Saturday, December 16, 2006 9:20 PM
make sure your car has CARB approved parts or keep the car registered back home

san fran to sd , covers alot and i mean ALOT of miles

Sunday, December 17, 2006 1:03 AM
Yup...

Probably about a 10-12 hr distance between the two.

Monday, December 18, 2006 5:31 PM
I was told it was near sd but guess not. I know its near san fran, i think its next to a place called vaccaville or soemthing like that.

JHound

Monday, December 18, 2006 5:51 PM
Yeah, it's just north of San Francisco. A long ways from Los Angeles where I am, which is still a couple hours from San Diego.

My brother is at Edwards AFB about an hour north of here.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 12:21 AM
Hey man, I'mstationed at Beale AFB which is maybe about 2 hours away!! I actually live in Marysville. check out http://www.csc-motorsports.com that's our local Northern California car club site. I was actually at Travis this past Wednesday to pick up my brother that flew in from Hawaii (Hickam AFB), and Sunday to drop him off....next time he comes back, we'll have to meet up (when I go to pick him up. My email is turbostitchcw@aol.com. Keep in touch man! later!

Click on my sig to check out my CarDomain site. Enjoy!
Tuesday, December 19, 2006 3:58 PM
JHOUND (Dracos) wrote: i think its next to a place called vaccaville or soemthing like that.

yup, vacciville is the next city when going EB I-80. i go to travis every monday, and wednesday to deliver ice cream. im at the damn south gate at 8:00 in the morning along with the others (pepsi, frito lay, coke, etc.). its slow now in the ice cream world, so ill have a ton of time. we should meet up or something some time.

good luck with everything buddy!!!

hey CW, did everything work out? how was the drive back?

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Tuesday, December 19, 2006 5:08 PM
welcome home ahah ... if your not staying inside of travis ... you will most likely be in fairfield ... which is in the middle of San fran .. and sac.. travis is a nice base though .. not as big as the ones in the east coast but still nice non the less .. if you have questions let me know i know my way from vacaville to SF ..
Friday, December 22, 2006 5:18 PM
San fran to SD is only about 7 hours if you're not driving like a Granny (just replaying to the post up there). I did it once a month when I had my Cavy, not too bad.
Sunday, April 22, 2007 4:42 AM
hey im stationed in port huenene (ventura area) for the Navy. ill be back in june from deployment for a year hit me back if in that arear take care
Monday, April 23, 2007 2:23 AM
(bye) wrote:San fran to SD is only about 7 hours if you're not driving like a Granny (just replaying to the post up there). I did it once a month when I had my Cavy, not too bad.

It took me 8hrs to get to San Jose once and I was driving 90+ all the way there, and I was coming from Orange County.

Monday, April 23, 2007 3:28 AM
I don't know how your base works but the navy on on coronado needs a smog check to get your car on base with stickers. So if you have an intake or header you might wnat to purchase some carb legal ones. I paid to get mine to pass and about 8 months later got pulled over and got a ticket for my intake. Went to court and they didn't care that my car was registered in IL and gave me a 50 dollar fine. So this is just a warning and a heads up on that @!#$.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Monday, April 23, 2007 10:07 PM
My car has stickers from back in MN, and I dont think my base is that big of a deal since my bros truck made it on and hes been living there for 4 years lol. But thanks for the heads up. Cavie Freak, when you got pulled over was it off base? Just curious

JHound

Monday, April 23, 2007 10:33 PM
I live in Fairfield and work part time in Travis w/ my father. As a matter of fact, he's in charge of the barracks furniture
on base. There's not too many J's around here though. Maybe I'll see you around....
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 3:08 AM
JHOUND wrote:My car has stickers from back in MN, and I dont think my base is that big of a deal since my bros truck made it on and hes been living there for 4 years lol. But thanks for the heads up. Cavie Freak, when you got pulled over was it off base? Just curious

Yeah it was off base didnt have my base stickers on and he still gave me a ticket when I said I was just on vacation. Becarful with cali its a bitch on modding.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 7:13 AM
Thanks for the warning Cavie Freak.

MJ- I am not there yet I forgot to count in the time for Recruiters assistance program. I leave MN next week so I should be getting to Travis in a week or so. My cav looks like ass right now but you can tell its modded. (Air Ride, hood, broken ass rear bumper) the rest of the kit isnt on anymore doing some repairs and what not. But would be nice to see you out there sometime.

JHound

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 1:34 PM
Im at Travis now if anyone that lives near ever wants to get together feel free to give me a call 612-387-4354

JHound

Thursday, June 07, 2007 8:37 AM
hey man...welcome to Cali! I'm at Beale (recently moved on base) ...if you're ever in the area, feel free to give me a call, cell 702-335-1564, home 530-329-8120 Later!

Thursday, June 07, 2007 12:14 PM
What do you do at beale?

JHound

Thursday, June 07, 2007 5:39 PM
I work in intel. I love it because I can use that classic line (I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you) and mean it.

Thursday, June 07, 2007 8:52 PM
Oh fun fun. I do Aircraft structural repair, i get to play with carbon and metal lol

JHound

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 8:08 PM
NASNI and SD Navy bases are kind of an anamoly. Camp Pendelton didn't care about CARB legal parts and smog.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search