West Coast Bash... any interest? - Page 2 - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: West Coast Bash... any interest?
Sunday, February 11, 2007 5:35 PM
SLC is being considered currently as an alternate location... because this is happening around SEMA time, there may be an issue w/ track/hotel availability. However since its still 8 months out, that shouldn't be a problem.

BTW, SpyhunteR, thanks for dropping word at several sites. I was wondering where the site referrals were coming from

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 12:10 AM
There's no reason SLC should be considered with one maybe 2 votes, and more people saying no way if it's SLC. Norcal, Socal, or Arizona are way better options IMO. My second vote would be AZ because it's affordable lodging and 2 nice 1/4 tracks with plenty of racing. I'm sure there's even better options centrally located that's not SLC.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 7:50 AM
slc , wouldnt be good for me

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 8:48 AM
Quote:

There's no reason SLC should be considered with one maybe 2 votes,

2 votes maybe on JBO... keep in mind that this has been opened up to non-jbody sites around the region as well. While I haven't yet had a chance to check all the site referrals that have hit the bash site I really can't say what they are voting for.

Quote:

I'm sure there's even better options centrally located that's not SLC.

Central for whom?

Quote:

My second vote would be AZ because it's affordable lodging and 2 nice 1/4 tracks with plenty of racing.

Its also that much closer to where you live, and that much farther for myself and anyone else from WA/OR/ID/BC/<insert other northern state here> that plan on attending.... not very central to me.

Again, SLC is being considered as an alternate site only, not the primary. Should there be a large snag due to SEMA and a workaround cannot be established for any reason...

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 9:21 AM
What's SLC?

---

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 9:28 AM
Salt Lake City

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 9:28 AM
I can only go by what I see here and not on other forums that I don't know exist.

Look at the JBO regions and see how many threads the regions have. South Pacific and South Mountain are by far the 2 most popular out of the "west coast", and South Pacific is dying down these days. Phx is actually farther away than Vegas from me so no need to act like I'm trying to get this in my back yard. I have no problems driving a good amount of distance if it makes sense. SLC doesn't make sense. I'd rather drive to Albuquerque, NM if there's a decent track to run at.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 9:40 AM
Wasn't trying to act like you were trying to get it in your backyard and I didn't expect you to know of other forums. I'd rather put up front now the plan so there is plenty of forewarning in case something changes.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 12:23 PM
... an afterthought... sometimes actual intentions and whatnot aren't really conveyed well over a message board. What can be construed as a negative action/negative word towards someone, actually, is the opposite.

I'm not out to "ruffle any feathers" - never have, never will. Sometimes the way that I write can be taken the wrong way. I try not to cause that, but as can be seen here, it fails occasionally.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, February 13, 2007 12:27 PM

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 10:42 PM
Ok.... there was a database failure and the forum crashed. I swear, it was not my fault

The recent backup that I had caused lots of incompatibilities, so I have to reinstall a clean version of the forums. I'll have that up tomorrow evening. You'll all have to re-register though...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, February 13, 2007 10:44 PM

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 10:47 PM
No prob... Rob.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 6:11 AM
Is there anyone going to both this and the bash being put together by DTP?

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 6:31 PM
Its up... beta only for now.

All post data/registration data has been lost in the refresh.

The SQL database corrupted, so I had to do a clean install.....

You'll be seeing styling only changes over the next couple days

I apologize for the inconvenience

Thursday, February 22, 2007 10:33 PM
hey kids join the website, drum up support ideas, potential pricing, etc.

-Trailblazer SS - not so custom 6.0L - custom intake - custom tune
- (1) 2.4L on an engine stand (1) blown trans (2) good quad trans (1) eco trans = party

Thursday, March 15, 2007 12:07 PM
Come on folks, lets get this thing going, join the site and participate, the mor epeople nvolved the easier it is to do this thing. Dont stay isolated in So-PAc forever, lol, theres a hole big world of fellow J peeps out there!

Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:17 PM
So whats the latest?

Thursday, March 29, 2007 10:37 PM
Latest is this:

Due to a still lingering oversight, dates got moved up one month (September 21-23). That was mainly because of SEMA.

Based on geographical locale, location is SLC. Since there was interested parties from BC, to make this accommodating for all, distances were run,etc.

I'm heading out to MT next week for a local meet and also to discuss business w/ James (scorpio)

Sunday, April 22, 2007 4:35 AM
if its after june (after my deployment) then im down just tell me when and where. ill be there fo sho!!!! be safe NO TICKETS!! w00t w00t
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search