Need some help with camping in san diego area - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need some help with camping in san diego area
Sunday, August 05, 2007 11:09 PM
I need to find a camp site taht has parking at the site, fire pit, lake within hiking distance, trails to either walk or drive on with my truck. Oh and alky is a must.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Re: Need some help with camping in san diego area
Monday, August 06, 2007 1:38 PM
Really the only place in SD county is either the Cuyamaca State Park/Mt Laguna off the Sunrise Hwy, or Mt Palomar off of Hwy 76. Neither place really has anywhere to go off roading. Most all of the roads in the state parks are private or are part of US Forest Service. If you want to off road, Ocatillo is the place, but its kind of hot there right now. There are plenty of well maintained campgrounds in the Cuyamaca State Park. take the 8 East and exit the Sunrise Hwy. Its about 45-1 hour east of San Diego. Theres a lake up there you can fish at but you have to pay, just like most stuff in Southern Cali.

If you want to get out of the county and take a nice trip somewhere, about 4-5 hours drive. Head up the 15 N to the 395 N. that road will eventually take you all the way up past Yosemite and Tahoe. 395 follows along the east side of the Sierra Nevadas, some of the highest mountains in the county. There are about 5-6 towns on the way up to Mammoth. (Lone Pine, Independance, Toms Place, Bishop...) Each one of the towns has at least one or two roads that go west into the mountains. some go as high as 10,000 feet. There is a @!#$ ton of camping, fishing, hiking, off roading. Each town also has a ranger station where they will give you maps of the hiking/camping/fishing and tell you what areas are open.

If you want to stay in SD county, there are nice places to go, but I am partial to the Sierras. I make sure I go there a few times a year.

If you have any other questions, hopefully I can help.

Sigga what?

Monday, August 06, 2007 3:32 PM
MY only real requirements is parking next to the camp site, fire pit, forest or wooded area and a lake to swim in. Also tent area at the camp site. I don't really want a big area where people are at really close to us and one that rangers don't bother ya to much at all if your jsut chilling.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Monday, August 13, 2007 9:05 PM
that sucks then, cause you live in cali, if you want to swim, thats a no go, they dont allow it in almost every lake in southern cali. good luck finding a place to go.

Sigga what?

Friday, August 17, 2007 5:47 PM
StonerWoCause (aka Robert C) wrote:that sucks then, cause you live in cali, if you want to swim, thats a no go, they dont allow it in almost every lake in southern cali. good luck finding a place to go.

gay yet another reason i hate cali.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 2:37 AM
http://www.reserveamerica.com/ca/Lake_Perris_Sra/Campground/r/campgroundDetails.do?page=details&agency=CA&parkId=120069

Try here. Its not too far from SD and is a pretty descent place to camp. You have to drive like a mile to the lake and can do whatever you want there.

The campgrounds have spaces with outlets too (I know, its not really camping with electricity) but sometimes it comes in handy.

Friday, August 24, 2007 3:41 PM
Cavie Freak (FOR SALE) wrote:
StonerWoCause (aka Robert C) wrote:that sucks then, cause you live in cali, if you want to swim, thats a no go, they dont allow it in almost every lake in southern cali. good luck finding a place to go.

gay yet another reason i hate cali.

cali is really sweet, you just have to get away from all the people. if you get a chance, dont miss out on the great natural beauties that cali has to offer, if you never see yosemite or tahoe, or mammoth, you'll be seriously missing out.

Lake perris camping sucks unless you have a boat, but hey, they do have a race track there, im try to go at least once a month with a friend of mine. but he just moved to stockton to go to school for a few months so i wount be going back for a while.

Sigga what?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search