Need Z24 mechanic in Bay Area - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need Z24 mechanic in Bay Area
Thursday, July 26, 2007 10:49 PM
I've a 96 Z24 that will turn but won't start. I tried almost everything I can think of, still no luck. I need someone who familiar with LD9 for help. I'm located in San Francisco. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanx

Re: Need Z24 mechanic in Bay Area
Monday, July 30, 2007 1:57 AM
it just started doing this? did you do any modding or working on your car before this started happening?

- Cameron (CaliforniaCavalier)
- www.csc-motorsports.com

Monday, July 30, 2007 3:36 PM
It's bone stock. This is the history: The previous owner experience this crank but won't start situation about 2 years ago. He stated one day, he started the car to wear it up and suddenly it stalled. It's like no gas condition but of course it got gas. After that, it won't start again, just crank hard. He let it sat for 2 years didn't fix it.

Then I bought this as a fixer. Here's the syptoms: In morning, when I start it it'll run for 2 seconds and then stall. Even I give it gas when it started, it won't rev. After the first try, it won't start at all, just crank hard. If I crank it for more than 3 time, the plug will be flooded. So I take the plug out and air dry everything. After everything dried, it'll do the start and stall again, exact same thing over and over.

I replacd some part to test what's wrong. Here's what I replaced: starter, both coil pack, coil housing, ICM, PCM, crank sensor, fuel pressure regulator, spark plug, plug boot/wire. All of them won't make it start. I returned some new items since the old one seems good. Now my last guess will be fuel pump. There's something bother me about replacing the fuel pump. When I key on, the fuel pump buzz for couple seconds. That means it's on. After couple crank the spark plug flooded so I have gas from injectors. Also, the freaking fuel pump is over $200 and I don't think I can return it after I tried.

Please help
Monday, July 30, 2007 5:25 PM
wow i can barely understand your english. but its all good im going to try to do what i can.

why did you replace the PCM? you need the PCM for that engine so that the timing is correct.

if the cylinders are getting flooded then its not the fuel pump.
do a compression test and make sure all the cylinders are healthy.

then post here again and let me know what you find out about the compression

- Cameron (CaliforniaCavalier)
- www.csc-motorsports.com

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 11:15 PM
I bought a PCM with the same service number so it crank. I read from GM SI manual that might be PCM problem so I replace it. I"ll do a compression test and see what happen. Thanx
Thursday, August 16, 2007 1:36 PM
maybe try replacing gauge cluster. it kinda sounds like a PASSLOCK problem

Friday, September 07, 2007 12:24 AM
maybe.. id put my money on the PCM.. Ive had problems with that little sucker myself. Good luck.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search