CARB legal cat? - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
CARB legal cat?
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 1:07 PM
Here is my dilemma. I just recently replaced a clogged magnaflow cat #94035 that is EPA OBD 2 compliant. It has the o2 sensor bung hole. The muffler shop said that it wasn't CARB legal to put that back on. So, I had to buy the $160 CARB legal cat, then another $25 for them to weld the o2 sensor bung on. Now, 5 months later the cat is clogged again! I have no desire to pay another $300 to replace it. Has anyone smogged the 94035 in cali and passed, or do I have to buy the CARB legal cat? Thanks for any input.

Re: CARB legal cat?
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 11:50 PM
try putting a bottle of "guaranteed to pass" emissions cleaner into your gas tank.

you can buy it at most auto parts stores, its like 6$. it might just clean that cat out!

good luck

- Cameron (CaliforniaCavalier)
- www.csc-motorsports.com

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 10:05 PM
How do you know it's clogged?
Cats just don't go bad. Something makes them go bad.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 10:19 PM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=11&i=129726&t=129726

Yes, burning oil will clog the cat. yes, flooding cylinders with gas will melt the cat.

Thursday, November 15, 2007 8:03 AM
The flooding issue is what i assumed ruined the previous cat. I am sceptical about the fuel additive can unclog the cat. The cat is rattling now and the rattle is getting louder along with the cel for the 2nd 02.
Friday, November 16, 2007 5:19 PM
Rattling= hitting something, or defect in cat.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 4:11 PM
carb legal cat,..... pacesetter.

-Trailblazer SS - not so custom 6.0L - custom intake - custom tune
- (1) 2.4L on an engine stand (1) blown trans (2) good quad trans (1) eco trans = party

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search