Anyone live near Hemet, CA? - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone live near Hemet, CA?
Friday, November 20, 2009 4:00 PM
I'm graduating college in less than a month, and I've had a lot of personal @!#$ that's been going on, and I need to get the hell out of here (Wisconsin). I've got a friend in Hemet, CA that offered to let me stay there for a while. I'm just curious if anyone happens to live around the area. It would be cool to finally meet some of you guys. I've been on the forum for years, and have been somewhat active. I had a huge build thread a few years back. Some of you may remember me. Anyway, I plan on driving the Cav out there and trailering the bike as well. It would be awesome if I could meet up with some of you guys and maybe show me around! I was actually born in California (Tracy, CA) but haven't been back since I was 6 months old, so I'm excited to see what it's all about!

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R

Re: Anyone live near Hemet, CA?
Friday, November 20, 2009 4:10 PM
i never heard of HEMET lol .. im 45mins from sac and 30 mins for SFO

Friday, November 20, 2009 4:14 PM
Hemet is kind of in between LA and SD, but more east.

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Friday, November 20, 2009 4:40 PM
oh then your far.. lol in in the BAy area

Friday, November 20, 2009 6:59 PM
hey bro Im here in Pasadena... like an hour and a half away from you
The only other jbo member i know near here is Tom, hes out in santa ana

Saturday, November 21, 2009 2:43 PM
I am in santa ana as well.

Saturday, November 21, 2009 5:20 PM
David Rojas wrote:I am in santa ana as well.

hey whats up dude, i havent seen you post here in the longest...

Saturday, November 21, 2009 5:23 PM
Well I'll definitely let you guys know when I'm heading out. It looks like it's going to be around the first week in January so that I can catch CES in Vegas.

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Saturday, November 21, 2009 5:33 PM
Hemet is in the desert area. Well just being in Cali is cool. lol. I stay in Montclair near Ontario. I used to Live in Pasadena. You're not going to be too far from anything. Las Vegas is about 2 hours away from Hemet. I'm about an hour away from Hemet.
Saturday, November 21, 2009 9:17 PM
***Rogue*** wrote:

hey whats up dude, i havent seen you post here in the longest...

Yeah i joined the military and just got back 2 weeks ago. I leave for s. korea on dec. 1st though.

Sunday, November 22, 2009 10:32 PM
I miss So-Cal Sooooo much... I moved out to Springfield, Missouri to attend Baptist Bible College...
I live close enough to Hemet to of hung out w/ u and tried to get another So-Cal meet going...
I hate being in the middle of nowhere, w/ no tuning scene...

Friday, November 27, 2009 6:03 PM

I think I saw you the other day, driving by the santa ana auto mall.

Sunday, December 27, 2009 5:10 PM
i'm in moreno valley, about 15 minutes from hemet. you'll hate it, nothing but dessert and cow/chicken farms. but it'll be better than wisconsin.

GO PATS!!!
Monday, January 11, 2010 6:37 AM
I am just a little north of SD.......
Friday, February 26, 2010 12:47 PM
Well, plans changed a bit. Instead of moving out there right away, I'm taking a short road trip to see what it's all about. It turned out to be more of a vacation I guess. I won't be in CA for very long, but I am swinging on through. March 25 and March 26 I'll be staying in Manhattan Beach in LA. Then on the 27th, I'll be heading to San Francisco for the day. Any suggestions on things to do/see? I plan on hitting up some bars along the way, so if anyone feels like meeting up, that would be cool too!

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Friday, February 26, 2010 4:34 PM
im 30 mins from Sf ... you bringing the cav?

Friday, February 26, 2010 4:36 PM
In which direction? I'm going to be heading through Livermore and Tracy, CA and then head to San Fran. Yup, I'll have the Cav!

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Friday, February 26, 2010 4:41 PM
oh ncie ... lets get together then for a photo-shoot... im in the middle of sac and sf VALLEJO to be exact.

Friday, February 26, 2010 4:54 PM
My Cav is nowhere near photoshoot quality. I totaled it out last summer hitting a deer. I got the hood and fender replaced with used parts (same color), but not everything is lined up how I'd like. It definitely needs body work! It'll look awful compared to your car!

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Friday, February 26, 2010 5:15 PM
no it wont.. wait until you see mine in person haha. we can try to get it done right. also have a new z24 bumper if you wanna go that route. GM no aftermarket.

Monday, March 15, 2010 10:18 PM
***Rogue*** wrote:hey bro Im here in Pasadena... like an hour and a half away from you
The only other jbo member i know near here is Tom, hes out in santa ana

Karo and I live in Glendale, so I guess that makes us neighbors

Monday, March 15, 2010 11:20 PM
snoeterp82 wrote:Karo and I live in Glendale, so I guess that makes us neighbors

Hey
i heard u guys were around here somewhere, i guess we're neighbors

Cursed Cav wrote:Well, plans changed a bit. Instead of moving out there right away, I'm taking a short road trip to see what it's all about. It turned out to be more of a vacation I guess. I won't be in CA for very long, but I am swinging on through. March 25 and March 26 I'll be staying in Manhattan Beach in LA. Then on the 27th, I'll be heading to San Francisco for the day. Any suggestions on things to do/see? I plan on hitting up some bars along the way, so if anyone feels like meeting up, that would be cool too!

the 25th is a thursday, we can hit up the drag strip at irwindale if youre still coming out, its like 30 mins from manhattan beach.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 6:01 PM
Well I'm in Vegas at the moment. Leaving for LA tomorrow morning. However, I've run into a problem with the Cav. Either the clutch/throwout bearing or the transmission is going out. I'm not sure how far I'm going to make it. I may need a new transmission/clutch assembly before I'll make it back home. Just my @!#$ luck. I'm not sure what I'm going to do if I break down. I brought my tools with, but definitely not everything I need to swap a trans and no place to do it...

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Wednesday, March 24, 2010 6:07 PM
Wow that sucks. Look around for reputible shops. Good luck tho bro.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 6:12 PM
That's the thing, I don't trust any shop to touch my car. I don't have the kind of money for a shop to do it anyway. I'm either going to have to get to a junkyard and get a used trans and put it in myself somewhere, or I'm going to have to leave the car somewhere and fly back home.

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search