Cavis in Las Vegas???? - Page 13 - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Cavis in Las Vegas????
Sunday, September 11, 2005 2:20 PM
Ohh and I live on S Durango and Peace Way, and there is a dude that lives here too that has a nice A$$ white Cav with some sweet body kit and wing. also has some white rims on it, I have not had a chance to talk to the owner of it though...

Monday, September 12, 2005 9:16 AM
hey whats up ryan...welcome to the boards. you live right by me....do you live in the houses or the apartments right there on peace and durango? i live on durango and hacienda by the 7-11 down there. i drive a silver z24 if you have ever seen me...used to have tein stickers on it but took them off. but anyways its good to see some new people on here....what all have you done to your car???
Monday, September 12, 2005 10:27 PM
Welcome to Vegas Ryan. Good to see more JBodies showing up in Vegas.

Thursday, September 15, 2005 2:38 PM
thanks alot guys for the warm welcomes, Brett goin to you, I live in the apartments, I do believe anyways lol, address is 4515 S. Durango, so I guess they are lol.

My car as far as I have seen has a MatriX Air Filter in it and breather, and has some crappy muffler on it, and some Yokohama Tires on it, as far as I know, this is what it has on it. But first of all I HAVE to get it some rims so it looks somewhat decent at least lol, gonna get some Sacchi 18" racing wheels (black) which I went to look at Total Elcipse Autoshop on Sahara, rims, tires and mounting and all for 1200 the guys told me, pretty sweet deal I think...

So, If you guys are ever gonna cruise around, or could give me some tips on the car and where to go and such, gimme a call at 702-785-2036.
Saturday, September 24, 2005 9:37 AM
Hello, I'm back!

Its been a while, good to see this thresd is still alive and welcome to the new people. Well as for the turbo. Most people probably dont belive I have been working on this beast, but Anthony came over and actually saw it. What is everyones thoughts on pulling the turbo, intercooler and all the sweat I have put into this over the last six months and just throwing a header on it. lol It is just one problem after another. I don't want to blow my engine like so many other boosted j's have bee doing lately.
Anyway many probs to deal with. It's almost smog time what do I do?

Have a great one

Brian
Saturday, September 24, 2005 12:03 PM
Brian,

What problems are you still having?

Saturday, September 24, 2005 12:46 PM
wow brian....all that work you put in....i dont know man that would all be your call. there are a lot of boosted j's that blow but man thats a lot of time and money. but hey man whatever you decide. that car has a lot of potential to go fast even off the boost...all motor it will go fast..but you squeeze too!!!
Monday, September 26, 2005 4:19 PM
im from maryland but i drive out there every summer for a bigass bowling tournement im in. its a lot miles but its fun and i love it. i wont be out there till next august though.
Thursday, September 29, 2005 4:14 PM
Hey everybody...just giving y'all a heads up.....I'M COMING BACK HOME IN ONE MONTH!!!! Yeah!! I can't wait to have a meet sometime in December. Later!

Click on my sig to check out my CarDomain site. Enjoy!
Friday, September 30, 2005 2:49 PM
cant wait till ya get here so we can get ALL the vegas j's that we know of and get a meet.....that will be sweet.....hope your doing good over there turbo, have fun and be safe.
Friday, September 30, 2005 3:35 PM
hahaha hey count me in on that, we gotta get a J body club goin on here

Monday, October 10, 2005 10:42 AM
well, the countdown has officially begun...my replacement gets here on the 27th or 28th, and then a couple days to train her up on her duties, so I'll probably be leaving Iraq on the 1st or 2nd and arriving in Vegas on or around the 3rd to the 5th. I would try and get a meet together while I'm gonna be in town, but I'm not gonna have my car. It's currently in Texas. I'll have it when I get back to Vegas around early Dec. Maybe we can get a meet together some time before Christmas (and actually have people attend). Oh, as for the countdown.....approx 23 days!!! I'll be looking forward to meeting y'all. Late!

Monday, October 10, 2005 10:49 AM
oh, and Ryan, as for the J-body club...I'm currently in talks with a J club from the east coast to see if they don't mind if we start up a chapter in Vegas. We will be known as "SimplyJ - Las Vegas" or "SJ-LV" for short I posted a link to their site a page or two ago, but here it is again SJ forum index. Join the forums and get to know them a little...I would be there chatting with them but the government blocked their site from over here (I'm actually suprised that they haven't blocked JBO yet). Once I get back to the states, I'll see what I have to do to get SJ-LV off the ground. Later!

Monday, October 10, 2005 9:30 PM
alright man sounds good, you have a good one and take care. Hope we can get this club goin, I am tired of people dissin on J-bodies
Friday, October 14, 2005 6:54 PM
Same here Ryan, same here.....people wouldn't dis us if we actually rolled together. We have tried to get a few meets together in the past, but only one or two people show up (if that many). If we don't get a meet together (and actually have more than two people show up for) before the year is out, I'm giving up, and just rolling by myself. (I'll be my own car club dammit!!) lol......j/k.......but for real though, I would like to get a meet together before the year is out. Y'all drop me an email and let me know who would be down for something.....say, the first or second weekend in December? My email is Isidoro.Mata@blab.centaf.af.mil (until I get back home, then it will be TurboStitchCW@aol.com). Hope to hear from everyone. Late!

CW

Saturday, October 15, 2005 12:25 AM
alright man, go ahead and me to AIM if any of ya have it, it's Nayr King. Anytime for rollin together is fine wit me bro, you tell me and I will meet you out anywhere.

Peace, later.
Saturday, October 15, 2005 9:23 AM
hey guys if you are going ot get rims/tires.....wheelmax.com shoudl be your best bet as they have a warehouse here in vegas and you can gopick them up?

just a thought....i got my 18's w/ tires for liek 400 bucks a year ago. cause i jsut walked in and got some kinda deal.

btw im from az and come up here everyonce in awhile.

Sunday, October 16, 2005 9:44 AM
Hey guys, let me know what you think. (I did this in "paint" on windows, I don't have photoshop)

Sunday, October 16, 2005 9:46 AM
if you get the red x, just go to my cardomain, that's where you can see it. (it's going to be the SJ-LV logo)

Sunday, October 16, 2005 10:29 AM
that looks AWESOME turbo....cant wait till we can get all the vegas cavy's together and sport that!!!
Sunday, October 16, 2005 11:26 AM
well, it's not much...I just took their existing logo and out the LV behind it...but yeah, I'll see what I have to do to get some decals made (when I get back). They are selling "SimplyJ.org" decals on the SJ forum site. I'm getting some for my cavy, but if enough people want the one above, I'll see what I can do.

Sunday, October 16, 2005 12:39 PM
Looks good Turbo!!!
Sunday, October 16, 2005 2:19 PM
I like it, I like it. We betta be rollin soon if we wanna get J-bodies goin.
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 1:02 PM
I don't know if any of you have been on the SJ site or not, but here is what cavnatr an I have come up with for a meet. The applebees that is mentioned is the applebees on Craig Rd. (they have a huge parking lot and good food), I think it would be perfect for a meet. Then we can roll together to the track after eating (unless people aren't hungry, then we can just meet and chill). The first day that is mentioned is going to be out of the question because my fiance will be there when I get off the plane...my week is going to be a little full . So I think the Dec 2nd MM would be the best bet.

Well, there's only two MM's that I'm seeing after I get back. One is on Nov4th, which is either the day or the day after I get off of the plane (from Iraq) in Vegas. Then the next one is on Dec 2nd, that's when I'm supposed to be on the road heading back to Vegas from Texas. I'll try to make it back by then, but I don't know if I will. I'm going to try to leave Texas on the 30th. I should be back in Vegas by the 1st. We'll schedule the applebees meet for then, and then roll out to the track. I'll post a time once I get back to Vegas and see what my schedule looks like when I get back to work. So now we have a place and a day.....we just need a time.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 2:25 PM
Im down... just lemme no...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search