Cavis in Las Vegas???? - Page 16 - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Cavis in Las Vegas????
Saturday, February 18, 2006 5:07 PM
Nice...

Sunday, February 19, 2006 9:07 PM
Hey whats up guys .Ive been checking out the org for about 3yrs now and finally decided to sign up .Right now i have a 2001 cavalier, finally paid off .I have a few things done to it nothing major . Hopefully i get to meet up with some you guys and chill i think it would be cool to see a whole crew of cavi's rollin down the street . Pz.............
Sunday, February 19, 2006 11:31 PM
Hey Tony, welcome to the Vegas thread!! It's good to see some more people getting interested in cavys! As far as a whole crew of cavys rollin down the street....good luck. I have tried and tried (even tried to start up a cavy car club), but to no avail. The most you'lll see at meets is maybe two or three people. There's just not very much interest around here (all talk, not very much action). If you want to meet up or whatever, I have been in contact with Ryan (a few pages back), and he's pretty interested in a meet (even though he's getting rid of his cavy soon). There will be at least three of us. Just throw out a date, time, and place, and I'll let you know if I am working (and I'll see if Ryan's good to go). My cell number is also all over this thread....check out a page or two back, and you're bound to find it. Later!

Click on my sig to check out my CarDomain site. Enjoy!
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 11:41 PM
Okay, I got more pics.....:
I got this in the mail today:

Looky what's inside:

I installed it today, and this is how it looked:

Let me know what y'all think.....again!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 1:49 AM
you guys need to get together and hit up some dyno time..

I just checked out 1320 Motorsports over by Pecos/Post area (just off of sunset), and they are pretty cool guys... went and dynoed... had a great time w/ some homies from Trevtec...

check it out sometime.

-Trailblazer SS - not so custom 6.0L - custom intake - custom tune
- (1) 2.4L on an engine stand (1) blown trans (2) good quad trans (1) eco trans = party

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 10:25 PM
Here's the latest and greatest in my mission to make a pretty sweet looking car:

Here's some pics of my brand new hood:

More pics at my cardomain!

Saturday, March 04, 2006 5:53 PM
Hey guys whats up? Well im in the Navy and im station in Virginia and im Driving to Cali in 2 weeks. Ill be leaving here on the 16th (thursday) and i was seeing if any of you are meeting up in Vegas on saturday night. If so i was going to stop bye and say hi. Theres a small chance that i wont be able to leave here till the 17th and if so then i wouldnt be in vegas till sunday.

Yea this is the third time driving across country and yes i avarage 2-3 days for it. Im a guy i dont have to get out and pee every 10 minutes. J/k

thanks
Jason

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 8:26 AM
Hey Turbo,
Long time no speak, lets hook up again your car is looking sweet. Carbon fiber says you are making some bucks. We need to get together and shoot some pics. I pulled my turbo and through on a header for now. too manyprobs to work out. I was at 8-10 lbs boost. But one prob after another. Boost leak here oil leak there. Anyway lets hook up.

Please drop your ride and get some rims and tires you will be so hapy you did. Looks great though. So howsmarried life kid onway yet? Spend your money now while you can.

Hey I am now an official pilot. Wanna go flying. I usually scoot to Laughlin for lunch and then fly up the Colorado river circle the dam and head back to Henderson.
Let me know your schedule.

Call me 250-5615

j-body for life

Brian
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 10:09 AM
Hey Bri, good to hear that you're still around!! Congrats on becoming a certified pilot! As for the carbon fiber......I'll just say that the tax return was VERY good to me this year. I'm sorry to hear about the turbo....I really wish that would have worked out for you. I'm not sure if you've been keeping up with my car very much, but I also have a Pacesetter header and Magnaflow cat back on. Still don't have the nitrous installed yet...I guess I'm just waiting until we get a second vehicle before I do that mainly because we need the trunk space.

Married life - I know I haven't been married that long, but so far it has had it's ups and downs.....yes there is a bun in the oven (which explains the "downs" because of hormones and all that mess - we don't know what it is yet). The baby is due around September 10th.

As for taking a flying trip....I would love to, but my wife is a different story....she is deathly afraid of flying (I love flying), and probably wouldn't want me to go. She's one of those paranoid types.

I would love to hook up again...today is actually my friday. The only realy hindrance for meeting up tomorrow is that my replacement drivers side lambo hinge is coming in today. I'll slap that on tomorrow, and slap the side skirts on. I'll be buying some rims and tires with my reenlistment bonus (which I won't get until after I leave here - 18" Glossy black Moetgi FF7s). I really need to get my car painted sometime soon. We are supposed to be heading back to Texas at the beginning of April, and my wife wants it to get painted BAD. Remember back in the day I said that I was going to California? Well, it's gonna happen real soon. When we leave for Texas, we won't be coming back to Vegas (except to pick up our new dog). But for the most part, heading straight to Cali.

Once I get my car painted and rims and everything, I can always make a trip back here for a photo shoot or whatever, so I'm not totally gonna be GONE gone, just away.

Are you still doing magic? My wife loves magic, and I have wanted to take her to see some, but haven't really had a chance lately. Where are you performing? I want to take her before we leave.

Did you ever get your bodykit painted? Oh, one more thing...I quit amoking, so you won't have to worry about me smoking in your face like I did last time. Reply back, and let me know what you think.

Sorry for such a long winded post, I just had alot to say.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 3:16 PM
just checking to see if my new sig works.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 4:10 PM
anybody go to Street Wars last Wed night?

- (1) 2.4L on an engine stand (1) blown trans (2) good quad trans (1) eco trans = party

Sunday, March 26, 2006 4:37 PM
Hey everyone, here's the latest and greatest.....I finally got my replacement driver's side lambo hinge...(here are some pics with the side skirts on and both doors open!):

Let me know what y'all think!

Monday, March 27, 2006 12:12 AM
shouldn't you be creating a new post to show off your car on instead of this one?

Monday, March 27, 2006 2:43 PM
according to the title....I have a "cavy", and I'm "in Las Vegas".......no one else has had a problem with it...

Monday, March 27, 2006 10:02 PM
Hey everyone, my family and I are going to be leaving Las Vegas for good on the 5th of April. We'll be heading to Texas for two weeks of leave, and then on to Beale AFB, CA (north of Sacramento). If anyone wants to meet up for pics or whatever between now and the time we leave, just post up on here or give me a call on my cell at 702-335-1564 and maybe we can set up a time and place.

We will be passing through Vegas one last time (to pick up a puppy that we are buying) on or around the 18th. I'll keep an eye on lvms.com, and who knows...maybe I'll get ahold on one of y'all and sometime we can meet up at a Midnight Mayhem or two. I'll definitely stay on the boards, and since Nevada and California are in the same region, y'all can expect me to drop in from time to time. Well, I guess if I don't hear from any of y'all.....Peace! Keep on showing them imports how the domestic does it!

CW.....out!
(for now)

As always, my cardomain is http://www.cardomain.com/ride/767263/1
Keep an eye on it for updates!

Thursday, March 30, 2006 12:44 AM
Hey everybody, how about we meet up Friday evening say around 8 or 9ish at the Craig Rd. Applebees (it's parking lot is connected to a strip mall parking lot, so we won't have to worry about not being able to park close to each other)...get some food and maybe chat for a bit, and then roll together to the track (for Midnight Mayhem) which is just up the street and take a left at the AFB....Comments/Suggestions?

Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:19 AM
I need some responses ASAP, because I also have some friends that want to throw me a going away party that same night...I need to know if there are actually going to be people showing up this time or not.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 7:20 PM
Hey man, sounds good to me, What are the crossroads to that applebee's? I live wayyy on the other side of town hahah.
Thursday, March 30, 2006 7:59 PM
i'll be there for sure turbo...like ryan said what are the cross streets for it...me and him live literally right down the street from eachother....but yea let us know bruh
Thursday, March 30, 2006 8:11 PM
it's in between Craig and Clayton and Craig and MLK....see y'all there!

Friday, March 31, 2006 6:39 AM
Alright then, I'll be seeing you guys out there tonight =) Give me a call after 1:30 cause that's about when I'm out of school. You guys have a good day and see ya tonight!

-RJ

Saturday, April 01, 2006 11:13 AM
so last night was pretty much hectic...we waited in line for FOUR hours to race!...but hey its all good for me though. i beat a cobalt ss last night and ran the fastest time my car has ever ran...i pulled a 15.8 with a .122 reaction time...pretty sweet for me. how did ya do last night turbo? i didnt get a chance to see ya run?
Saturday, April 01, 2006 3:13 PM
Congrats on beating a cobalt!! WOW, last night sucked big ass!! I thought swapping the stock exhaust manifold for an aftermarket header and getting a bigger exhaust was supposed to make a car faster. I actually ran slower that I did with all stock. How does that happen...my best last night was 16.6 @ 82mph.....way worse than the times I got when I first went...I was PISSED!! any tips on anything I can do to make it better? Hey Brian....what ever happened to your turbo? Did you sell it, or is it still sitting around? I need to get faster...I spent all that money nothing came out of it. ::end rant::

It's good to hear that one of us did good!
Hey Ryan, it's good to finally meet you! Sucks that you're getting rid of your Cavy, but I can wait to see what you finally decide to get afterward.

Saturday, April 01, 2006 7:32 PM
turbo...if you havent already done it maybe opt for a high flow cat...or no cat at all..and just get the 02 simulator from rk to remove the cel....thats what i did but vegas has no inspections so i get by. depending on how cali is thats what i would do. also pick up the b&m shiftplus for your tranny. it'll make your shifts a lot quicker and reduce your times. how many times did you run? i only ran that once. 4 hours of wait time was way to much for me. hoopefully before you leave or maybe on you way back from texas we can meet up again. let me know dude.....
Sunday, April 02, 2006 4:05 AM
I ended up running 3 times...went just about as quick as i could to get back in line, you should have gotten back in line, it was moving pretty quick.....my first run was at 1:15, second 1:52, and third 2:05....the second time, I ended up running against an evo (he ran 11 something), and the time that I gave was the best time I ran last night (which sucked big donkey balls)....Ive been looking at a shiftplus for a while now......I'll also probably get a high flow cat in the near future, and see what happens. I'll def keep an eye on the forums and the LVMS website and see when MMs are happening....hopfully I'll be able to make it back to Vegas for another one here pretty soon....well, it's time for me to sleep. Post later!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search