ok guys, here is whats happening
i got tired of looking for an amp so i decided to go back to factory radio
i took it from the yard and now it displays LOC on it
i guess the vin is embedded inside of the radio and it communinactes with the bcm and if they aren't matching it won't work
so is there a hack around this?
like cutting a wire or something
or do i really have to pay gm $100 to get this @!#$ unlocked
or is there someone that has access to a tech II in vegas or around that area that can do it
i have tried the button procedure but no luck
01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.
04. Press the AM/FM button
05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
07. Call 1 800 537 5140 08. Press 1 then # (pound). You’ll hear “Invalid Code, try again”
09. Press 139010 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by * (start)
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then * (star)
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC Your radio is now “un-locked” and usable. The Theft-Deterrent feature is STILL active! If you want to disable it, use the instruction on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner’s manual. Use the code from STEP 11 instead of your personal code.
that doesn't work
please get at me
This happened to me as well but mine was the oriinal factory radio. I tried the code and
button way and did not work. Then I d/c battery and BCM and reconnected just the battery and then the bcm after and it worked fine afterwards. As for your situation I don't think you will have any luck getting it to work as for some reason GM went with this type of system. I would take it back to the yard and try another and make sure to write down VIN it came
if it does not work with the code button way them call GM direct and ask h