Any 3rd gen V6 swapped Js here in socal?? - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Any 3rd gen V6 swapped Js here in socal??
Monday, May 27, 2013 11:39 PM
I just moved to Southern California almost a year ago and brought my 3500 swapped 96 Cavalier here. Curious if anyone has done this swap out here and got the car through a ref station, and passed smog... I do have all emission control systems functional on this car.

C:\Users\Phillip\Pictures

Re: Any 3rd gen V6 swapped Js here in socal??
Monday, June 17, 2013 1:22 PM
Nice!

Where in SoCal are you? I'd like to check out your cav.

Keep us posted if you get it past the ref station / smog check. That would be sweet.

Also do you have a build thread?

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 7:14 PM
Nope no build thread man. But I do have some pics on facebook. I live out in Riverside by the 91. Just want to be able to drive this car, right now it has a 3500 with heads and cam. Dude this car is so much fun! lol

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:50 AM
I bet it is!

I'd like to check it out one day.

I have a few contacts that have had experience with the ref station . . I will ask them for some additional info if you haven't taken care of it yet.

Post some pics here man!!

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:42 PM
Right now the engine is half apart and I haven't got my cylinder head back from Ohio yet. So the car has been sitting since last August. My plan is to get another 3500 that is stock and run one of my stock 3400 upper intakes on it. Im even going to use a stock air box too. Basically it'll be a 98 Grand Am setup in my Cavalier. I already have A/C, cruise and power steering on it and it works too. From the research I got for engine swaps in California, this is legal as long as all emissions controls are working and the engine is newer than the year of the car. No cams, pistons are allowed. I know all of the evap is the same on the Grand Am as it is on the Cavalier. So i'm going to try and make this as clean as possible and look stock as possible.

Monday, June 24, 2013 6:47 AM
Yep that's pretty much the same story I've heard as well.

Cool - looking forward to updates.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search