Cavis in Las Vegas???? - Page 19 - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Cavis in Las Vegas????
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 11:17 AM
Clark can tune HPTuners?

meh, I'll stick w/ my own tuning, it's cheaper for me, and Doug talks less when I'm tuning my own @!#$. Once I find a clutch I'll be shooting for 500hp to the wheels and 11's.

-Trailblazer SS - not so custom 6.0L - custom intake - custom tune
- (1) 2.4L on an engine stand (1) blown trans (2) good quad trans (1) eco trans = party

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 1:54 PM
how much do you charge to tune? if you charge less then clark and less then the cost of hp tuners i'll just bring it to you
Saturday, April 14, 2007 8:19 PM
Hey all,

I cant believe I started this thread and it is still going. Well Im back. Gonna throw my turbo back on and hook up the squeeze again. Sounds like this Trevtech guy is the place to go for tuning. Hey turbo you still around? And Brett too?

Later

Brian
Saturday, April 14, 2007 8:25 PM
Quick question......I have the RK sport underdrive pulley. I have thrown my 4th belt. I get a high pitched squeel and then the belt flys off shredded or it breaks. I have replaced the tensioner pulley, no luck. Could it be the belt tensioner unit itself?

Thanks in advance

Brian
Sunday, April 15, 2007 12:35 PM
could be your tensioner assembly brian. im still around. i actually was driving next to you a few weeks ago on the 215 trying to get your attention. i was in a silver 04 with tinted windows. exhaust and such. so where ya been man? its been a while. turbo actually moved to california. he got transfered there. but definatly if your gonna throw the turbo back on hook it up with spyhunter (robert) you have the hahn kit right? he will tune ya man. he's a cool guy. and very trustworthy (he drives a 12sec grand-am) so he knows what hes talking about. keep in contact man. for track nights and maybe we can get a meet going?
Sunday, April 15, 2007 2:36 PM
a Track night would be good times.

- (1) 2.4L on an engine stand (1) blown trans (2) good quad trans (1) eco trans = party

Monday, April 16, 2007 1:21 AM
Hey Bri...it's good to hear that you're putting the turbo back on the car. I still drop by this thread every now and then. Check out my cardomain to see what i've been up to. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/767263.
I like to spend my time on www.independantracing.com....i am a show team member of that car club. Well, i've got to go. Talk to you fellas later!

Oh, and he has a Haas turbo system...i was going to get one, but they went out of business and shut down their website.

Click on my sig to check out my CarDomain site. Enjoy!
Monday, April 16, 2007 2:48 PM
sounds like its now an excuse to go from Haas to Hahn.

Monday, April 16, 2007 2:54 PM
so turbo when ya coming down to visit man? we need to get a vegas gm sport compact meet going
Monday, April 16, 2007 3:15 PM
Brett Basham wrote:so turbo when ya coming down to visit man? we need to get a vegas gm sport compact meet going

not until I get my new clutch in.

Monday, April 16, 2007 3:17 PM
whens it gonna be done spy?

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 1:38 PM
Brett Basham wrote:whens it gonna be done spy?

should be by the end of april, and I should be driiving around in grandma in late late late late late late april early may.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 2:39 PM
so you figure you'll be past break in by the first street wars of may?
Wednesday, April 18, 2007 3:21 PM
I would really really like that to happen. We'll just have to find out. I have a tank full of C16 and another 5 gallon drum at home waiting to be abused.

Thursday, April 19, 2007 7:08 AM
oh boy that is gonna be INSANE! im ready to see 11's out of grandma!!!!
Thursday, April 19, 2007 8:40 PM
Brett Basham wrote:so turbo when ya coming down to visit man? we need to get a vegas gm sport compact meet going

I'm not exactly sure when I'll be back around the vegas area. My wife and kids are going to Texas in early June, and then I am going to ALS (airman leadership school) to learn how to "be a leader"....it lasts about 6 weeks, and then i am probably going to be flying to Hawaii to go visit my brother, then going to texas to pick up my family, and then head back this way. The problem with that, is that I won't have my car...I'll be driving my wife's car back. Maybe i can talk my wife into letting me go to Vegas sometime in the fall....keep our fingers crossed!!!

Oh, and does anyone know about car audio stuff? (I don't want to get flamed...that's why I'm not posting this in the A/V section)...anyways, I have my amp hooked up to my ***NEW*** headunit, and it has power and everything, but nothing is coming out of my subs. I'm not really an "electronics guy", so any input??
(another reason this is such a big deal for me)

***NEW*** = hint of upcoming mods...teaser pics will follow tomorrow (maybe). I'm almost finished installing it all...the unveiling will come after I get everything to work properly.

Click on my sig to check out my CarDomain site. Enjoy!
Friday, April 20, 2007 7:25 AM
make sure your rca cables are hooked up and not pinched anywhere turbo. i know i had a set of my rca's at one point hooked up but pinched and nothing would come out of my subs. also make sure if your headunit has a subwoofer frequency level on it that its turned up and not off.
Sunday, April 22, 2007 1:22 PM
OK guys and gals if your lurking. I have replaced my belt tensioner $90.00. Reinstalled a new gatorback belt. Ran good for two days and then bam I threw my 5th belt. What the %^%#$^@$#^%$^*^%*%&* is happening. the belts are 16.99 and they quit givivng me new ones for free. Everthing seems aligned perfect. I believe the sqeeling is coming from the a/c unit though. Could the gator back belt be causing this? I did not throw belts with a standard 5 groove belt, but Good year added a 37.5%slice across the belt> They say it make the belt run cooler.

Any suggestions

Thanks,

Brian
Sunday, April 22, 2007 1:37 PM
have you changed your tensioner? how many miles is on the car? could be the a/c got loose and is being fussy?

Sunday, April 22, 2007 3:23 PM
Yes Spy, I changed the tensioner, it has maybe 35,000 on the car. The a/c seems tight just sounds like it might be the ac bearings. This cant throw a belt cause the ac pulley is tight, no abnormal side to side movement.

Hey spy how much for a tune up?

I've got my brand new wideband O2 sensor too. How much to hook my turbo back up. I still have all the electrical solenoids for the nitrous too.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 11:29 AM
a tune up? spark plugs, oil change, topping off your fluids?

just hit me up on AIM: monkthe1

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 7:05 PM
new to the forums but i live by the boulder station 2002 cavy ls,dont see too many modded cavys around but i guess their there.last night about 2:30 so pinks jacked my ls sport rims and left me on bricks.had to go to the pick a part and grab so used ones for a while till i get the money to start up a new set of rims.also a girl my wife know got jacked last night for the same parts and more including the doors.........

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/3031000-3031999/3031076_1.jpg
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 7:06 PM
Tuesday, May 01, 2007 7:10 AM
welcome mike. sorry to hear about that man. if you read a couple pages back you will see what some a$$ hats did to my old z24. so 02 ls huh? ecotec powered?
Tuesday, May 01, 2007 6:29 PM
yea its an ecotec silver one,im lookin into some more ls rims because theres just somethin about those rims that completes the car.right now i just have a k&n typhoon intake,black headlights and corners,smoked out tail lenses and a flowmaster 40 series with 2.25 piping from the cat back.Theres more to come but as you heard i have a lil dilema,those damn ls rims are expensive! even ebay they start at about 220 a piece.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/3031000-3031999/3031076_1.jpg
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search