Cavis in Las Vegas???? - Page 7 - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Cavis in Las Vegas????
Thursday, April 28, 2005 2:01 PM
Is anybody going to the next mm on May 6 because i am going to be up there that day and night and would be down to go.

Thursday, April 28, 2005 3:08 PM
I would like to go, but as you probably know from reading the thread, I am still on the night shift and I work that night. Maybe we can meet up sometime earlier in the day...I feel like taking some car pictures. Email me and I'll pass you my address or somewhere to meet and how to get here (if you don't know North Vegas that well). Hopefully Brian's car will be done by then. That will actually be my last week on nights (hopefully) for at least six months. The night of the 8th will be my last night shift. Hopefully we can meet up sometime after that....ya know...meet up at an eating establishment and BS for a little while and then go in and eat or whatever. I really want to meet all of the other J-body owners that live out here. I have already met Brian and Jon, but that's about it....I have talked to Dave a few times, but never got a chance to meet him and the J-body crew. Anyways I guess that's enough rambling on for now. Later!

Click on my sig to check out my CarDomain site. Enjoy!
Friday, April 29, 2005 11:24 AM
Hey all, Yeah I am hopefully gonna get to the May 6th mm. I can finally see a little lite at the end of the TURBO!!!
Friday, April 29, 2005 2:48 PM
i am going up to vegas for sure. does anybody want to meet up that afternoon/evening?
Saturday, April 30, 2005 9:50 AM
Hey Brian, that's awesome!!! I wish I could go to MM! I'd be down to meet up as long as it's before 8. I have to get back home, shower, and head to work. Let me know when and where.

Saturday, April 30, 2005 9:20 PM
Well now I cant go to mm. I booked a show in Cali on the 6th and I leave on the 5th.
Hey I am getting rid of my injector boss. It has 2 yellow top injectors. I believe they are 36lb injectors. It also has the sds electronic injector controller. So if anyone is thinking of boosting soon this could be a fuel addition option for you.
Sunday, May 01, 2005 2:41 AM
Can someone please post up directions on how to get to the MM on May 6th. I have no idea where it is at.
Sunday, May 01, 2005 9:15 AM
I'm assuming you're coming from Cali on Hwy 15, so take 15 all the way to Craig Rd., and make a right. Take Craig all the way to the intersection before Nellis AFB (intersection after the Wal-Mart), and take a left. Take "Gate 4" road to your left (I'm pretty sure that's the one Brian and I took last time). Gate 4 road all the way down to the "T" intersection, and make a right. You'll be headed right for the entrance. $10 to get in....I still owe Brian for last time. BTW, I ended up going back to Wal-Mart after racing that time, and got the money that they hadn't given to me. If you have anymore questions, email me at "Isidoro.Mata@nellis.af.mil". That's my work email address...I work at night, so you can expect a reply sometime after 10pm. Peace!

Saturday, May 07, 2005 4:40 PM
Anyone make it to mm, just curious. Hey turbo I have gone a different way with my fuel setup. I am going with rc engineering 370cc injectors with a S-AFC 2 controller also I am getting the LM-1 wideband controller. This sure is a long and drawn out project. So turbo when you gonna boost. It has been quite a learning process. I know how my car works inside and out now. Maybe we can have a little party when my car is running. I soooooo can't wait.
Saturday, May 07, 2005 10:52 PM
Naw, I couldn't make it to MM, I had to work. Speaking of work...tonight is my last night shift!!! FINALLY!!!! I'll be going to day shift until August (hopefully that doesn't change). I'll be working from 6:30am - 3:00pm. As far as the turbo question goes: first off I'm trying to work on my exterior, ya know...get it looking hot and then move under the hood. That new fuel setup that you're doing sounds pretty sweet!

Brian Irwin wrote:Maybe we can have a little party when my car is running. I soooooo can't wait.

That soounds like a plan....Just let me know when because I'm going on leave on the 25th of this month and won't be back until the 7th or 8th of June. I'll be headed back to Texas.....can't wait! Hey Brian, I've got a question about the bomex side skirts....how do you get them on the car? I forgot how it looked when we met up that time. I bought some off of ebay, and they look pretty good. I'm just not sure how to get them on there.
Oh and I almost forgot...I also bought a Magnaflow cat back exhaust, and on the 15th, I'll be buying Pacesetter headers. I'm buying them off of a guy that totalled his car on clubcav.com. $400 shipped for the pair...not too bad a price IMO. Let me know what y'all think. Well, I guess that's all that's going on in my world for now. Talk to y'all later!

Saturday, May 07, 2005 10:56 PM
Oh, one more thing...I have finally decided on the body kit setup that I'm going with.....I'm going with the bomex sides and rear and the Andy's auto sport summit front. Opinions please. Thanks!

Sunday, May 08, 2005 11:16 AM
Hey Turbo,
Ok here goes, the Bomex side skirts. . . where to start. First I would get a dremel tool, if you don't already have one its great for all types of things. If these skirts were never installed you are going to have to do some fitment work. A little grinding here and there...not on the car just the skirts, as for the install run out and get some machine screws, cant remember the size. I used 11 or 12 per side. I drilled through the skirt into the bottom of the door frame. I used 7 per side in the door frame. Also I mounted with 2 screws in the front and rear wheel well. You may want to go more or less. The machine sheet metal screws I used were also the hex head type. So you can tighten them with a socket instead of a screwdriver. If you need help give me a call and maybe we can schedule something. You might want to plan like 2 days for this project. It would be sweet if they were already installed cause you could use thier mounting holes.
The pacesetter header is it black or powder coated, if black sandblast it and get it powder coated. The black paint peels and starts to discolor really quick. That exhaust is gonna sound like mine. What size is it 2.25 or 2.50 inch. Sounds like your ride is gonna be sweet. It is amazing how we can get so attached to a car, huh? Anyway in a year or so when we can look back on all this and laugh, and grin cause we will have 2 of the sweetest J's in Las Vegas. Gonna be working days huh. Your not gonna know how to act. What happened to everyone on here did they sell their cavs? Sorry for the long post. Later
Hey did 04silvercav make it over to mm?
Monday, May 09, 2005 9:40 AM
whats up fellas!!! long time no post from me. well mayhem was ok. it was really really slow out there. there was like no body there. i am gonna be selling my 4 door. i found a 97 z24 cav in orange county that i want and its only 3 grand. we hella need to schedule a cav meet sometime. i hate seeing all these honda meets araound. we need to show them what a real 4 cylinder is!!!
Monday, May 09, 2005 11:36 AM
Hey Brett,,,long time no hear. Hope all is well. I wondered where everyone went...thought maybe you bought a civic! So did you run at mm? I wonder why it was slow. Any cavs running out there... good luck with the z24 sounds like a great deal. Later
Monday, May 09, 2005 1:50 PM
Unfortunately i did not make it to mm. Last minute financial drawbacks prevented me from heading up there. I still want to go to one really bad. When is the next one?
Monday, May 09, 2005 3:29 PM
The headers are black powder coated, and the exhaust is 2.25". I can't wait to get them...I'll actually have a reason to run at MM. Yeah, I don't know what to do with myself, it's always so bright outside, everything is open, and people are everywhere. lol Thanks for the Bomex advice. It helped alot! Now at least I have an idea of what to do.

Hey Brett....at least you're staying with a J. Sounds pretty good, hope you have fun with it.

04Silvercavy: Maybe next time! The next one will be my last opportinuty to go until I head home for two weeks. Maybe we can all really meet up this time. I don't know about most of you, but I actually want to meet you guys. I'm getting tired of a meet getting set up and no one shows up...if you have work, I understand (I always did). If you say you're going to be there.....be there....at least for 10 minutes. That's not too much to ask. I really want to take some pictures of our cars together and meet you guys. Well, I guess that's enough rambling for me. Talk to y'all later! The next MM is on May 20th.

Monday, May 09, 2005 7:53 PM
oh yea i am definatly staying with a J. i love the J platform its great!!!. no way brian would i ever buy a civic! i hate seeing nothing but hondas on the street. we need more cavs in this town to put them to shame!!!
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 11:47 AM
we either need more Cavys or ours just need to be so completely kickazz that civics wouldn't even want to step up.....ya know?

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 2:01 PM
We need bumper stickers that say "insert civics here" with an arrow that points to our exhaust.
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 2:34 PM
or on the inlet pipe of the turbo. haha

My Car
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 2:37 PM
How about a sticker on the rear bumper that says
"if you can read this you are probably driving an import"

Saturday, May 14, 2005 10:21 AM
Hey everyone...the next MM is on the 20th...anyone want to meet up and eat some Outback steakhouse?

Saturday, May 14, 2005 10:25 AM
Hey Brian...it's a good thing that you got your turbo when you did....Apparently Haas Performance has closed down. Don't believe me....check it out for yourself: Haas Performance

Saturday, May 14, 2005 6:23 PM
hey i was wondering if anybody, or if you are on here, a guy with a kitted black, maybe a z24, with red and blue vinyls and i think its a terminator wing who lives on Greenway in Henderson? It was so funny i was just cruising around Henderson and all of a sudden i see this cavy parked in a driveway and i slame on the brakes and reversed it. oi almost hit the guy behind me. totally forgot he was behind me. he also has a painted interior. and i;m sorry to say once i get all situated again i will be selling out on the j-body and going to the srt-4. i don't know how long that will be. but i have been keeping my eye on this one at chapman dodge....
Sunday, May 15, 2005 6:07 AM
So what are you gonna be doing with your cavy? It's cool...you can still be a part of our pseudo-club.....lol. SRT-4's are pretty sweet...if there was a cav that came stock with a turbocharger, that would be IT! Anyways...it's too early...I'm not really in the typing mood. Let me know if you're gonna have anything from your cavy for sale.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search