Cavis in Las Vegas???? - Page 9 - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Cavis in Las Vegas????
Monday, May 30, 2005 12:16 PM
The vacation is going pretty good....but the ride down here was the problem. I think it was about 10 miles west of Winslow, AZ I was driving in the passing lane at around 2am. I went to check my rear view mirror (which I constantly do)...and out of nowhere...at the last second I see something black in the middle of my lane. I have ruled out an animal due to the lack of blood on my car. I think it was a shred of tire that flew off of an 18 wheeler sometime during the night. Anyways...it ended up hitting the passenger's side. It left a pretty good size dent in the front bumper (which has since been popped back out). The rest of the damage is what pissed me off. As I was running over it, apparently it was skidding on the bottom of my car...I saw marks all the way back underneath the car. I figured things would be alright since it was under the car....boy, was I wrong. It ended up dislodging the front LED tube (it was dragging on the ground)...if I would have made a hard right turn, it would have gone under the tire and gotten ripped off of the car completely. It also shattered about a quarter of the passenger side LED tube (side closest to the rear tire), and nearly ripping off the side skirt. About three of the LED lights are burnt out, but the rest of them on that tube still work. Anyways...it has been pretty fun ther than that...wasn't about to let it get in the way of my little bro graduating...It was pretty cool because my older brother, cousin, and I raised the US flag for the graduation ceremony. I also got to meet up with my three best friends (two went army and one went navy after HS) whom I hadn't seen in about 5 years. I'm having some fun....just about had a family reunion yesterday because we had a cookout for my little bro for the occasion. Anyways, I guess I'm done boring you guys for now....I'll write more later. Peace!

Click on my sig to check out my CarDomain site. Enjoy!

Friday, June 03, 2005 11:45 AM
hey guys...long time no post for me. whats been up? brian hows the turbo coming a long. just wanted to let yall know there is a midnight mayhem tonight. im gonna be there prolly in the stands watching cause i dont want to run my car....its too slow. anyways i hope to see some cav action out there i didnt see any last time.
Friday, June 03, 2005 11:56 AM
I was going to go but i gotta work at 7 tmrw... So screw that... ill be there in 2 weeks though...

Saturday, June 04, 2005 12:11 AM
CavalieRX wrote: ill be there in 2 weeks though...

same here...and hopefully I'll have my new exhaust system on by then.

Saturday, June 04, 2005 8:30 AM
Hey guys Im in Sacramento. I wont be there. I started my car. Ran pretty good. I had fuel leaks I had to deal with. My 370cc injectors should be here on monday from Karo. I also bought an underdrive pulley, the shorter belt to go with it ,The SAFC-2 a/f/ controller and the LM-1 wideband controller/tuner for my laptop.
I will also be getting a new throttle body from Karo as well. This things gonna be sweet.
Sunday, June 05, 2005 5:15 PM
Brian Irwin wrote:Hey guys Im in Sacramento. I wont be there. I started my car. Ran pretty good. I had fuel leaks I had to deal with. My 370cc injectors should be here on monday from Karo. I also bought an underdrive pulley, the shorter belt to go with it ,The SAFC-2 a/f/ controller and the LM-1 wideband controller/tuner for my laptop.
I will also be getting a new throttle body from Karo as well. This things gonna be sweet.

Nice! Let me know when u get them.. Maybe i can watch/help you install them... hit me up on AIM: crxracr03 or PM me... Late

Thursday, June 16, 2005 6:52 AM
Hey everyone, I don't think I'll be able to go to the next MM because I haven't gotten the headers or exhaust on yet, my fiance is getting here today, and well....we just want to spend time alone together.

On another note, I was going to put the cat back on a few days ago, but I didn't do it because there was a support piece (I think that's what it was) cut off, and I don't know how to weld, so I just left it alone. I'm gonna take it to a shop as soon as I can save up enough money for it. If anyone can help me out...it would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Thursday, June 23, 2005 8:48 PM
Hey all, Hope everyone is good. I still don't have my car running. One thing after another and another and another.
I have done pretty much all I can externally though. New motor mounts, new RKSport underdrive pulley, the turbo of course, 370cc injectors, universal grounding kit, SAFC-2, LM-1 wideband controller, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, I dropped my squeeze down to a 35 shot, boost controller, etc... did I mention the throttle body? I guess all I have left is an afpr, msd ignition,

Anyway Turbo you should come over and check out this mess!!! You saw it pretty much the last time it was running back in January. I am still waiting on a 90 degree aluminum elbow. Then hopefully(fingers crossed) I can get it tuned and be out runnin.

Just thought I would update. And CavalierX you can check it out if you want give me a call...250-5615
Thursday, June 23, 2005 9:16 PM
Brian Irwin wrote:Hey all, Hope everyone is good. I still don't have my car running. One thing after another and another and another.
I have done pretty much all I can externally though. New motor mounts, new RKSport underdrive pulley, the turbo of course, 370cc injectors, universal grounding kit, SAFC-2, LM-1 wideband controller, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, I dropped my squeeze down to a 35 shot, boost controller, etc... did I mention the throttle body? I guess all I have left is an afpr, msd ignition,

Anyway Turbo you should come over and check out this mess!!! You saw it pretty much the last time it was running back in January. I am still waiting on a 90 degree aluminum elbow. Then hopefully(fingers crossed) I can get it tuned and be out runnin.

Just thought I would update. And CavalierX you can check it out if you want give me a call...250-5615

I would LOVE to check out a boosted Cavalier... I might hit you up Sunday....

Saturday, June 25, 2005 2:41 PM
Hey everyone, I've got some news....as some of you may probably already know, I will be getting married soon and therefore will have to save up money for my family. What y'all probably don't know yet is that I am also getting deployed to Iraq. I will be gone for 4 months (if I don't get extended out there). Hopefully I'll still be able to get online to talk to y'all, but I doubt it. I'll still post until I'm gone (I leave Vegas on the 10th of July). After that y'all won't hear from me for 4 months. Don't cancel my account or anything like that. The money that I make while I'm out there is gonna go towards my family and not so much towards my car. Just thought I'd let y'all know, and ask y'all to pray for me while I'm gone. That is all for now. Later!

Saturday, June 25, 2005 11:04 PM
turbo sweet to hear about your marriage. be safe out there in iraq bro. good luck.

Sunday, June 26, 2005 9:57 PM
hey turbo congrats on the marriage. I hope all goes well for ya in Iraq. Be safe and watch your back. We will be thinking about ya. I'm sure the new experience of it all will help it go by fast. Take it easy man. I look forward to meeting your significant other, in the future. You will be back in no time. Will you be coming back to Vegas or will they transfer yo somewhere else?
Later Man, Brian
Monday, June 27, 2005 7:00 AM
Thanks Brian! Naw, I'm not getting transferred any time soon.....I'll be coming back here. I'll be here until my enlistment is up in August '06. Hey Brian, I'll try and make it out to see you and the turbo cavy sometime before I leave. I'm off on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday this week so I'll give you a call.

Monday, June 27, 2005 7:47 AM
sounds good turbo, come on by!
Thursday, June 30, 2005 3:27 PM
Hey Turbo its thursday are you still gonna try to come by this weekend? Call me...you to cavalierX. Let me know 250-5615
Sunday, July 03, 2005 9:00 PM
Hey CavalierX, just wanted to thank you for stopping by. Nice meeting you and it was cool to show another Cavalier owner the progress I have made so far, I just can't wait to see what kind of power I get. Catch ya later.
Monday, July 04, 2005 7:37 AM
No, Thank You for letting me stop by. You have got a nice setup going so far I suspect you putting down about 230 WHP (without NOS) once u get it tuned right. Can we say faster cavalier in vegas?

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 9:45 AM
Hey Turbo, Where have you been? I guess you are packing and getting ready for your trip to IRAQ. We won't forget about ya on here. If you get a chance drop in here and say goodbye before you leave. I think it is around the 10th of this month....Anyway our thoughts and prayers are with you for a safe trip and I am proud to know someone that is going to that hell hole to put his own life in danger to support this country to keep the rest of us bums safe. Peace to you and your family and we look forward to your safe return. Your J-body friend Brian. I will have my car running and tuned before your return......then we can race again.......
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 12:06 PM
Hey all...sorry I haven't been on here in a few days. I have just been trying to spend time with my fiance, pack, and get my outprocessing done. I have been away from work since Thursday, and don't have a working computer at home right now. I don't think I'll be able to stop by and see the turbo cavy before I leave. The date actually got changed and now I am leaving tomorrow....I am jumping through hoops trying to get everything done before tomorrow. The main thing that is giving me problems is that this weekend was a four day weekend on base for everyone but our squadron. Now I only have today to get it all done. I can't wait for my ass to get handed to me by your cavy. Thanks for the kind words as I depart the country! I can't wait to get back already! Looking forward to seeing y'all...we need to have a meet when I get back and actually have people show up, ya know? I found a new cavy....I saw it on Clayton and Cheyenne (I think)....black 03+ with a bomex kit on....that's all I really noticed because I was looking for a good view of the strip to watch the fireworks. The car was parked in front of a house, so I didn't bother to try and talk to the person. Y'all might want to check it out. Anyways, this will be my last post on JBO before I leave....so I guess...Peace out, and I hope I see y'all again. Mata...out!

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 6:04 PM

Pic of the "new cavy"

Friday, July 08, 2005 11:58 AM
Soooooo.......where are all the Vegas people at, I see cavaliers all around town. I guess not enough of them know about JBO. I wish there was a way to advertise the org. We need to spread the word in Vegas......It would be nice to get a club going. Why don't everyone that would like to be a part of a club post and show thier interest so we can see how many people we could get involved. I would possibly even attempt to organize something if we had enough interest......and cars. Just think.....meets, bbq's, cruising, hanging out. Not to mention the support and knowledge we could give each other about working on our cars. Lets get Las Vegas going like it should be......This city has it all. We need to represent the 702. Come on people POST!

Friday, July 08, 2005 11:08 PM
its not a cavi but i've got a 2000 sunfire i'm dreamin about fixin up
Saturday, July 09, 2005 12:06 AM
Hey Nathan, welcome to this thread. Pull up a chair and hang for a while. You r Sunfire would be a great addition,adds a little variety. I also have a 96 Sunfire, great car. What part of town are you in and are you interested in a club?
Saturday, July 09, 2005 12:42 AM
hey guys good news!!! i finally got all my bills caught up and soon will be trading my cav in. i am going for an 03-05 ls sport cavy with the eco, 5 speed all power options and sunroof. its gonna be sweet. but we definatly need to get a club started and show the other tuners in this town that cavs are the @!#$ too!!!! laterz guys
Saturday, July 09, 2005 9:41 AM
Hey Brett congrats on getting your new car soon. Yourr gonna love the 03-05's. I have an 03 and totally love it. So thats 3 of us now that want a club. If we can get to around 8 to 10 peeps then I think we will have something.I know TurboStitch will want to be a part of whatever we do....so thats 4. Keep good thoughts for Turbo, he was sent to IRAQ 2 days ago for 4 months. If you guys and gals want send me your contact info, so I can start a Las Vegas directory. Email me your information to: magic1@thelakes.net
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search