**What can YOU do to help your local J owner?** - Page 2 - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: **What can YOU do to help your local J owner?*
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 5:05 PM
i usually go to american river dismantling its next to pick n pull

last tiem i was there they had 7+ J's most were pretty stripped but the dash pieces were all still there

/:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::/:::J-BODY FEVER II VIDEO:::/

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 8:13 PM
Nathaniel wrote:Q for u motor heads.

when i first start the car and either ptu in drive or into reverse i got CRAZY amount of vibrations (as im letting the car roll- not applying gas but in gear) only happens when i first start

also at around 45-5500 i think i hear like a tinging sound that goes away shortly before shift, normal?

Eh, could you elaborate more on the problem?

Sounds like tranny or motor mounts, but i'm confused by the question. Could you explain exactly what it does, how long it lasts, what it sounds like? where's it coming from?

Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:27 AM
ok well it seems like its mostly when:

i get in the car, start it, put it in reverse and let the idle speed start to roll me backwards. as i start to move backwards i get massive vibrations from what feels like the front. it has also dont it when i do the same thing but in drive, just not as often.

the other problem, when im accelerating at 4500 until 5000 i get a consistant tingy noise... umm maybe like pouring small hard objects into a glass jar. but it only makes that sound for those 500 rpm between 4500 and 5000 and it sounds liek its coming from the front

Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:53 PM
Ummm......

Let's see, i'm gonna throw out some suggestions.

As for that vibration, I would most likely guess your motor mount or tranny mount. If that's not it (which it seems like it's kind of not), I would move onto suspension, Tie rods, CV halfshaft, something.

Pinging almost definitely sounds like a timing chain related problem to me. Here's what you do, if you can, have someone sit in the car, rev it to the said RPM's, and listen near the timing chain (i'm not really sure where it is on your car). Listen for this pinging, is it from under the valve covers? Is it from the chain like I said? is it coming from the motor at all? Keep me updated, but I would say timing chain, how many miles are on your car?

Friday, March 11, 2005 9:06 AM
well i cant rev to the said rpms because i have an auto

car has 79,000 miles

so u think it could be suspension even tho it happens when im applying no gas and going less than 5 mph and only when i first start up the car?

it doesnt happen ALL the time either. like this morning it didnt do it.

thanks for the help so far

Friday, March 11, 2005 10:21 AM
Nathaniel wrote:well i cant rev to the said rpms because i have an auto

car has 79,000 miles

so u think it could be suspension even tho it happens when im applying no gas and going less than 5 mph and only when i first start up the car?

it doesnt happen ALL the time either. like this morning it didnt do it.

thanks for the help so far

Put the car in park and try it.

It could be suspension. I'm taking a guess. If i actually heard where it was coming from i could tell u but e-troubleshooting is alot harder.

Not alot of problems are persistent. It could be a loose nut that only loosens itself at a certain vibration, or at a certain speed.

Friday, March 11, 2005 11:19 AM
in park auto are still limited at 4k

Friday, March 11, 2005 11:27 AM
I believe nuetral you can go all the way up.

Does this noise happen when you start the car and let go of the brakes?

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Friday, March 11, 2005 11:47 AM
no rev is limited in EVERYTHING but drive.

in most cases it happens when i start the car put in reverese and let off the brakes, as teh car starts to roll i get heavy vibrations through the front of the car. it has also happened when i put it in drive as well but less often

Friday, March 11, 2005 6:43 PM
help my radio wont come back on ...
the clock come on and it will exept a cd and eject it but nuthin else .. some one help me
if anyone has 411 IM me at pin0ynelli on aim or email me or just reply here ... i need info fast so i can put my car back together
and i dont think its locked either
Saturday, March 12, 2005 12:04 AM
oh i learned how to make sigs ... yay ... i tried to make one for 05lssport and then made one for me ... wat you guys think i posted in the the image man... but i posted here to... cuz .. i thought it may be somethin i can help out with the local J's

Saturday, March 12, 2005 9:02 AM
^^^that looks so good man.^^^ keep it up. if you want, you can take my picks and improve my sig. i like your creativity.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Saturday, March 12, 2005 2:33 PM
anyone have any idea on my radio problems? i need help fast ...

OH thank josh

Saturday, March 12, 2005 5:20 PM
hmm im not sure i completely understand your problem

u say it doesnt come on, but then say the clock turns on and it takes a cd in but wont eject it... so im a tad comfused

pull the deck out and make sure everything is still plugged in firm.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 6:06 PM
the plug is on rite ... wat i mean is that the ... radio will take a cd eject it and show the clock when you press either hr or min button but will turn back off after couple seconds ..
the radio itself will not work ... the radio just looks as though it was still unplugged.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 8:16 PM
check ur fuses.

besides that im pretty stumped right now. if i think of somethign ill post. but def check all your fuses

Saturday, March 12, 2005 8:16 PM
is this the stock deck?

Saturday, March 12, 2005 10:48 PM
yea its a stock deck ... the fuse is ok ... you know when you blow a fuse .. cuz you interior light wont work either ...

Saturday, March 12, 2005 10:49 PM
imma check all the wires and make sure its gettin 12v i may have fray somewhere hope not .... but all i know it happened when i accidently touch one of the wire on the back of the deck .... it sparked and never came back to normal

Sunday, March 13, 2005 9:34 AM
god, good luck man. i wish i can help. i have no idea as to what that would be. do you know wich wire you touched to make it spark?

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Sunday, March 13, 2005 2:31 PM
some speaker wire ...

Sunday, March 13, 2005 9:52 PM
oh lol if its speaker wire than thats not it

hmmm

get the good ol multi meter and make sure all the power leads are reading the correct voltage

Sunday, March 13, 2005 9:53 PM
Hate to say it man, but I think it's ruined.

I did the same thing with my car. I took out my stock tape player and put in a stock CD player form the same year. The second I put it in, it sparked like no other, so I unplugged it quickly, and put the tape player back in, and only the radio will turn on sometimes.

I just figured it was toast unless someone has an answer.

Monday, March 14, 2005 10:09 AM
soo the cd player sparked so u took it out and put the tape player back in and it didnt work?? makes no sense lol because the tape player had nothign to do with it... hmmmm

very confusing....

Monday, March 14, 2005 1:30 PM
Nathaniel wrote:soo the cd player sparked so u took it out and put the tape player back in and it didnt work?? makes no sense lol because the tape player had nothign to do with it... hmmmm

very confusing....

NO,

what i'm saying is yes I put the CD player in and it sparked. Put the tape player back in and only the clock worked, AKA he messed up his wiring, i think his player is screwed up too and/or his wiring.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search