camaro's in so cali - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
camaro's in so cali
Saturday, March 19, 2005 8:24 AM
hey guys, i'm getting pretty tired of my cavalier. i love the car a lot, but i miss having a camaro (my first car). i'm looking for an 89-98 camaro, preferably with a v8, and its got to be an automatic. if anyone knows of a camaro in decent shape thats for sale or trade let me know. i'd prefer a trade cuz i'd have to get a loan to buy the car until i sold my cavalier but i can't be picky.

thanks guys.

brian

GO PATS!!!

Re: camaro's in so cali
Saturday, March 19, 2005 10:17 AM
Why don't you just steal my brother's car?

http://www.j-body.org/members/mikedirntrulez/cars/3/

Saturday, March 19, 2005 10:52 AM
you gonna be home today ron. i'll come by and steal your brother's camaro and take a ride in your car. i'm in town today and maybe tomorrow...let me know.

GO PATS!!!
Saturday, March 19, 2005 12:08 PM
I wont be home until late tonight. I'm gonna be at work until 6:00 (sucks, I came in at 6:00 in the morning, and I'm not gonna get to get out of here until 6:00 at night) then I have to go pick up my g/f at her job, then I might go to this party down on Eucalyptus......I'll be free late tonight like at 11:00 in case your married ass is up that late. I know it's past your bedtime and everything *whip cracks*. Let me know homie, you should still have my phone number......

Saturday, March 19, 2005 1:01 PM
check eBay.

They're rampant on there.

One thing you should do is go to the coastal areas (San Diego, San Pedro, Huntington) and take a look. They seem to be really rampant on the coastal areas, not really sure why.

Are you looking for an RS or an IROC/Z28? I think you should go for an 89-92. So that way I can go over to where you live and steal parts off your car every night one by one.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 1:09 PM
I know you used to have a camaro, but I don't know how much you knew about it.

Let me know if you are serious and come across a 3rd gen for sale. I know what you can look for to tell if it's a POS and what not. Plus, if you do, you should take a list of the RPO codes available and match them to the car and see if there's anything missing/extra that the seller may not know about.

If you bring a list like that and quiz the fool selling it, he'll know you know what you're talking about and will probably lower the price alot more if you negotiate with him.

Just some thoughts. If you come across a 4th gen, i know a little bit about them, but not alot.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 1:31 PM
i had an 89 rs with a mildly built 305. it was my baby. i knew more about my camaro than i do about my cavalier and i can talk for hours about the cavalier.

i'd love an 89 again but i drive 80 miles a day so i need something thats gonna run good. i want like a 97 z28 or even an rs. i'd like to stay away from a v6 though cuz i already have a slow car.

i'm pretty good at negoitiating too. my cavalier msrp'd at like 20k or something like that. i got them down to 14k by talking so i think i'll be good there. i've been looking around on autotrader and stuff like that but i don't have the money to buy anything til i sell my car so i'm kinda stuck right now. what i'm thinking about doing is finding a 98ish camaro thats close to what mine's worth as a trade in and just swapping the dealership. i'm sure there's more to it than just "Swapping" but i could work something out.

Quote:

I think you should go for an 89-92. So that way I can go over to where you live and steal parts off your car every night one by one.

you don't know where i live, i have a garage, and i have a 22 rifle with a scope and a clear shot. come on over....haha

brian

GO PATS!!!
Saturday, March 19, 2005 2:31 PM
What did your built 305 consist of? It was TBI right?

I'm dying to get some potential out of my TBI but I can't afford crap right now. I already have everything all planned out in what I want to do but funds are not readily available for me.

Wanna help with an LT1 Cam/Valve spring installation? :p I already got the cam installation down to a science but don't know jack @!#$ about valve springs.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 2:32 PM
MiKeDiRnTRuLeZ wrote:Wanna help with an LT1 Cam/Valve spring installation? :p I already got the cam installation down to a science but don't know jack @!#$ about valve springs.

that should be in case you were wondering.

Monday, March 21, 2005 11:14 AM
My roomate is considering selling his 98 auto TA w t-tops. 104k miles on it. Runs and looks great.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 8:05 AM
karo has a 95 rs 3400 v6 i know he wants to sell it granted its a v6 , but its cheap and a auto

and chads(fstcavz24) his roomies is stock and pretty nice

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 8:08 PM
Buy mine... I will hook it up CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! e mail me for more info

Friday, March 25, 2005 11:34 AM
my dad is selling his 95z28 with all the bolt on mods you can think of.
just it up from the shop too. got the motor and trans rebuilt
$10k
Sunday, March 27, 2005 2:47 PM
sent you an email karo. get back to me.

jedi, i'd love a z28 in the 93-97 area but 10K is steep considering my job sucks.

GO PATS!!!
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 10:28 PM
Sparks wrote:sent you an email karo. get back to me.

jedi, i'd love a z28 in the 93-97 area but 10K is steep considering my job sucks.

I got your e mail but for some damn reason I can not reply to it since its an AOL account. I Have about 26 picturs of the car.... I can get you all the info in the world about it if you would like... just so you know its not a MINT car.. needs SOME TLC..... I mean for the price.. its so cheap.. the small problems are easy to fix... so... is there any other way for me to contact you besides the AOL e mail address?

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 1:55 PM
Karo, try getting me at my hotmail account (chvybowtieguy68@hotmail.com).

i'll take all the info/pics you can give me.

-a list of problems that aren't visible
-mileage
-performance numbers (i know its slower than my cav but i'm curious)
-stock statistics
-availability of performance parts (if any)
-typical hwy/city MPG
-any regular maintance difficulties

anything else you can thing of...i like knowing everything i can.

thanks
brian

GO PATS!!!
Saturday, May 14, 2005 5:39 PM
karo, you never got back to me. did you sell the camaro?

GO PATS!!!
Saturday, May 14, 2005 5:42 PM
get a trans am instead, not some half stepping camaro

-Borsty
Saturday, May 14, 2005 9:48 PM
Sparks wrote:karo, you never got back to me. did you sell the camaro?

No i did not sell it. 1500.00 dollars AS IS. If anyone wants it bring cash, a spare battery and your good to go . . .

Either I sell it with in the next 7-10 days or I will donate it so I can get some $$$ off on my taxes.

Sunday, May 15, 2005 6:42 AM
...it must be pretty beat up then..?

GO PATS!!!
Sunday, May 15, 2005 10:12 AM
Yep, sure is beat up . . . . . . . * rolls eyes *

Sunday, May 15, 2005 10:14 AM
Its not a brand new 2005 / 2006 car . . . its a 1995 car which needs some work here and there. For 1500 dollars you can not go wrong. Its been sitting out front for the past 2-4 years it wont kill me if it sits for another 7-10 days till I either sell it or give it away and get a tax write off . . . at this point it really makes no differance to me.

Sunday, May 15, 2005 10:34 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmm camaro, karo: if you dont get a sale on it e-mail me on it. i probly could get cash and be there in the next 2 weeks. let me know if your not gonna work ot a deal with somebody else already.

Sunday, May 15, 2005 3:51 PM
*wishes he had $1500*

Even though it's a v6, i would still want that car.

Monday, May 16, 2005 10:44 PM
Only one person has shown interest in the car . . . . so waiting to see what he says . . . other then that . . . its still sitting in the drive way . . . just more dust on it now

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search