Track meet at Sac Raceway on June 8th - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Track meet at Sac Raceway on June 8th
Sunday, June 05, 2005 3:57 PM
At the last meet a couple of us talked about going to the track Wed. I am pretty sure I am going. Only thing stoping me is if my car blows up or some kind of emergency happens. Anyways gates open at 4pm and racing starts at like 4:30. If anybody else wants to show up thats cool. Lets make a list or something to we at least know if people show up so we can keep a look out for each other.

1. Titus

BTW don't go the Pick and Pull on taylor road. They only have one cavalier there.

Re: Track meet at Sac Raceway on June 8th
Sunday, June 05, 2005 6:28 PM
What kind of racing?

Sunday, June 05, 2005 10:14 PM
Drag Racing. I think thats all we have here in Sac. but I could be wrong.

Monday, June 06, 2005 1:27 PM
drag, and i might make it... wont run tho.... the last time i went when i ran my 16.4... @!#$ happened lol

-----------------------------------------------------

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Monday, June 06, 2005 3:19 PM
how much is it just to enter and watch with out racing? it'd be cool just to hang out.
yea, i just dont want to burn up my tires. otherwise id show all you guys up.
dont even think about trying to run against my 2200 auto sedan!!!!!!!!

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Monday, June 06, 2005 3:36 PM
hey, here is someone visiting sacramento. maybe we can get as many people as we can for this. here is his quote:
Cory T. wrote:In 2 days i'll be leaving Kansas and going to Cali for 12 days. I havent had any time to look up fun things to do, so i'm asking all the Cali people whats fun. I will be in the LA area for a few days then be in the Sacremento area for a couple days, whats fun around those areas. Any help would be great!!!! I hope to see some J's down there too! Oh and sadly I wont have my cavi, i'll be in a big 'ol suburban. Thanks for any help!

Cory

maybe we can all get a bite to eat also? god im always hungry!!!

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Monday, June 06, 2005 3:52 PM
Its 6 bucks to watch. Whats cool is that you can stand were the racing happens even if you are not racing. But they do have bleachers ( I think thats what its called) on the side of the track.

Monday, June 06, 2005 10:44 PM
What he means is, you can stand at the end of the staging lanes, in case there needed to be any clarification. They keep a good room around the actual staging area/starting line clear for safety, but you can stand close to the actual track just about anywhere you want (start to finish) or bleachers that cover about the first 1/8 mi of the 1/4 mi.

I think I'm still gonna try to make it this wed. but can't commit...if you guys don't see me don't hold out for me.
Monday, June 06, 2005 11:53 PM
how much is it to race?

Visit High Rev Motorsports for all your High Performance needs.

Visit RSM Racing for j-body superchargers, throttle bodies, and much more.

Visit Cobalt SS.Net and sign up to get the latest info on the cobalt and all other delta platform cars
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 12:32 AM
15$ to run your car, that includes test runs, actual runs, the elimination round and any fun runs after that.

it was cool, because last time i was there i won a sweet sac raceway t-shirt
Wednesday, June 08, 2005 9:15 AM
So anyone know if they're still planning to go or what? It says it's gonna rain possibly still tonight...gonna make a difference on my plans for the day. We gonna show up and hope for the best (or do something else and hang out if it rains out) or should I work on my fiero which needs something done with the clutch here.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 1:19 PM
I made a mistake in the times. Gates open at 4:30 and racing starts at 5:00pm. Im still going to go if it doesn't rain at my house. It looks like it going to clear up but can't always tell. Hope to see you guys there if you guys still want to come.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 1:49 PM
I'll at least come to the gates and see what the weather looks like when I get there
Wednesday, June 08, 2005 3:47 PM
Well I just called them and an answer machine said that they cancelled the drags tonight.

Monday, June 13, 2005 10:03 PM
OK well I think we should give this another go. I will be going to the track this wednesday. So if anybody wants to meet up thats cool. Lets hope it doesn't rain again.

Thursday, June 16, 2005 2:56 PM
Thursday, June 16, 2005 3:54 PM
Ya, none of you losers showed up. J/K
It was a bad night. The place was packed. I only got in like 4 runs. It was also hot and the track wasn't too good. Best I ran was a 15.7. I kept messing up on my launch. I would either spin through 1st or I would just bog down. There were a couple of really fast cars. there was an srt-4 who ran a 13.3. And he said he couldn't get a good launch. But the funniest thing was this guy shows up in a brand spanking new ram srt-10. It was his first time at the track. The cordinator had to show him how to line up and what to do. On his first run he only pulled off a 15.0. Then bracket racing strarted and he had written 15.0 as his dial in time. The second time he pulled a 13.8. And even with that he had major wheel spin at the launch.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search