Scoping Out Colleges in Cali, What Are Your thoughts? Any Students? - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Scoping Out Colleges in Cali, What Are Your thoughts? Any Students?
Tuesday, October 23, 2007 6:00 PM
I am torn between going to school in California or Florida, I am currently in NY. I hate NY and want to get out so those are my two main choices. FL I have family there which is good but Cali seems so cool. I will be transferring as a Junior majoring in Business Admin, I do plan on going to law school after to become a Lawyer.

So where does everyone go to school, do you like it? Also not into partying but I do like big cities with stuff to do. I have family in Rancho Coocamonga Sp??

Whats everyones thoughts?
Chris

http://members.cardomain.com/vertz24 1998 Z24 Convertible
2.3-2.4 HO ADAPTER FLANGES 65$ shipped, Check GP Forum!
WILL BUY ANY OEM CATALYTIC CONVERTERS!!! TOP DOLLAR PAID!!

Re: Scoping Out Colleges in Cali, What Are Your thoughts? Any Students?
Tuesday, October 23, 2007 9:18 PM
I love Cali... Rancho is about 10 min. from me. Not sure about schools though... I went to UTI in Rancho Cucamonga a few years back... I'll bet you would love it out here.

Thursday, October 25, 2007 10:54 AM
i go to cal state LA. i dont stay that far away from Rancho. so there are a couple of school around the area. there is university of Riverside, cal state san bernardino. cal state fullerton. cal poly pomona. and if you wanna travel a little bit away you can try university of irvine or usc and ucla. a lot of colleges around the area. i like cal state LA but i wouldnt know what you are looking for especially since your going for a different degree
Friday, October 26, 2007 8:04 AM
are you looking for a state univ., a college or a junior college? a junior college for a few years can be a GREAT way to save money.

ive been going to Sierra College in rocklin for a few years now and i must say i am very happy with all the money ive saved going to the JC first. state colleges and univ. are just too expensive.

- Cameron (CaliforniaCavalier)
- www.csc-motorsports.com

Friday, October 26, 2007 9:01 AM
I have already completed Junior college, saved enough now I can spend. I am transfering as a junior.

Sunday, October 28, 2007 10:21 PM
Chris, I go to Cal State-Dominguez Hills and am completing some HR certifications there but will be going to Cal State LA for a masters in health care admin...as for business admin, Karo says Cal State-Pomona or UC-Irvine would be your best bet. And he is actually transfering to Cal State-Northridge next year for business admin because its one of the better programs, but that would be too far of a drive for you from Rancho Crack-a-monga (as the locals call it LOL).

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 1:22 PM
I am going to USC..its great there alittle pricey but good school..alot of my friends go to CSULB..long beach...yeah i live in long beach..but that one is cheaper

Elmer the wricer hunter..."Shhh be vewy vewy quiet...I'm huntin wrice"
Kill da wriiiicer...Kill da Wricerrrrr..kill daaa wriccceeerr!!!
Wednesday, October 31, 2007 8:00 PM
What is the typical cost for college NO ROOM AND BOARD just education around Cali? The nice thing about FL is the low cost of living, although it is rising. How much are apartments?

Sunday, November 04, 2007 8:00 PM
Depending on your particular taste you could have rent range from 900-1200. It all depends on the location, the closer you are towards L.A. the higher the price. The schools are great but living around or on campus can be expensive, again depending on your taste. I advise you to chose some form of living near the suburbs until you get the proper feel for cali. Do yourself a favor and ask yourself what's your major and use that to find the best college that relates to your field on interests...
Thursday, November 08, 2007 8:44 PM
Chris Fontana wrote:What is the typical cost for college NO ROOM AND BOARD just education around Cali? The nice thing about FL is the low cost of living, although it is rising. How much are apartments?

I know like cal state long beach "the college" says is around 9k-10K usc is around 30K

Friday, November 09, 2007 8:09 AM
Im going to The Art Institute of California (San bernardino) And its bomb, i mean comon we got some nice school around here just gotta look.

Friday, November 09, 2007 9:41 AM
I am going to visit in Feb to get an idea on cost of living. I see prices on Apts online but when I call it always seems to be the old price, so i would like to look in person. I am taking a semester off in january so i have time to look before August.

Sunday, November 11, 2007 3:29 PM
Chris Fontana wrote:I am going to visit in Feb to get an idea on cost of living. I see prices on Apts online but when I call it always seems to be the old price, so i would like to look in person. I am taking a semester off in january so i have time to look before August.

You have to wath the pics of apartments online...most are from when they were first built..and doesnt say..now 10 years later they are in the middle of crack town or something~LOL~ like Long Beach...if you stay east of the 710 freeway...your fine...otherside is really crack town

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search