JBNW Bash '06 - Page 2 - North Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: JBNW Bash '06
Friday, July 07, 2006 6:15 AM
also i've got a jack in the box like 3 blocks from my house...drive thru open 24/7

Friday, July 07, 2006 10:48 AM
haha nice josh....so is this number 10 for breakup and get back togethers? jk man. Hope to see your ass there!

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71
Friday, July 07, 2006 5:19 PM
haha very funny buddy

Sunday, July 09, 2006 7:01 AM
I've got some bad news... Last night was probably the last night for the hatch.

Got home from work, rolled into the driveway.. The radiator blew out a bunch of fluid and then smoke came barrelling out of the engine. The car still runs but the exhaust manifold burns up to a hot red color. The whole exhaust system from the engine is leaking exhaust. The "big gotcha" on the hatch is they no longer make the exhaust manifold system for the 1.8 engine equipped with the factory turbo so basically the car is toast for now.

So.. with this news I may be without a car. BUT, I am gonna try to get the coupe rolled over to the house and I will be doing the Z24 front clip conversion quickly so I can get the car into the shop to get an estimate on repairs. It has been dead since September 02 and I am assuming it was either an alternator or starter problem. So if thats the case I will have a car by the Bash.

But with anything these days that may not happen... If its nonrepairable with low cost I will be without a car for the Bash. Perfect timing I tell you, I was going to have a new car by now. Yeah, stupid women.

1985 Sunbird Hatchback | 1991 Sunbird Coupe | 2002 Cavalier LS Sport
Sunday, July 09, 2006 8:39 AM
that sucks d00d. If your not up and running, you can always hijack my cavvy, nicole and i will rail the bike hehe.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 9:00 AM
Joshua Huber wrote:that sucks d00d. If your not up and running, you can always hijack my cavvy, nicole and i will rail the bike hehe.

Would you consider a lease for a week or so until I get an estimate for repair, repair on coupe, tabs, emssions on the coupe?

Sunday, July 09, 2006 10:17 AM
You can ride around w/ me damon if all else fails

Sunday, July 09, 2006 11:49 AM
Nomad wrote:
Joshua Huber wrote:that sucks d00d. If your not up and running, you can always hijack my cavvy, nicole and i will rail the bike hehe.

Would you consider a lease for a week or so until I get an estimate for repair, repair on coupe, tabs, emssions on the coupe?

No can do, I think Mikey's gonna buy the roadster next week if he can get financing.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 10:21 PM
Joshua Huber wrote:No can do, I think Mikey's gonna buy the roadster next week if he can get financing.

Thats okay, no problem.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 11:16 PM
Damon you can ride with me too...and it would be a lot better then riding in that big ass ugly truck of AT's.

j/k Anthony

I will be there...the cavy made it to and from the Tri-Cities over the last week without any problems, so it should be good to go to Spokane. I would perfer to caravan with somebody else from the Seattle area, Keeper and/or Kardin??? It would make me feel better incase I have a break down. Please let me know when you guys are planning on leaving.

I, like James, is cheap and will be staying at Dean's place. So somebody, Damon, please let Dean know that I need some space to sleep. Thanks!

Later!

Mr. Andresen AKA Erik
Representing 2nd Gens...'89 Cavalier Z24
Sunday, July 09, 2006 11:30 PM
damn, I sure wish I could go. I don't think the Cav would make it with the lifter problem. I'm working on getting estimates for an Eco swap though.
man, I really liked Oregon I guess.
btw, anybody interested in the secret cams? I have both the intake and the exhaust, and both are in towers right now. since there's only 3 peeps in AZJBO that have the LD9 and can't use the cams, I thought I'd offer them to JBNW first.
you guys get a lot of pics at the Bash! I can't wait to see 'em.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Sunday, July 09, 2006 11:47 PM
Erik Andresen wrote:Damon you can ride with me too...and it would be a lot better then riding in that big ass ugly truck of AT's.

I, like James, is cheap and will be staying at Dean's place. So somebody, Damon, please let Dean know that I need some space to sleep. Thanks!

Later!

Lets see what the next few days bring me.. The last two days all it has been is extreme hell... First with the car and now my computer.. Sorry folks I just acquired a computer problem tonight.. Erik if I do get the coupe fixed it will be a first that we have two 2nd gens in one meet! I think since AT has a truck he should rent a trailer and he can haul the 1st gen around and make him feel special! LMAO.. I cant say for sure but I have good feelings about the coupe.. Anyone have an extra set of aftermarket rims they can spare for the weekend? I hate rolling my black steelies! erhehe

According to Dean theres plenty of room, possibly pitch a tent out back kind of like we did at Anthony's at the 04 Bash..

Monday, July 10, 2006 4:12 AM
Well Ill bring the "House tent" from last time, so probably 6 people could sleep int here!! All those that were a AT's in 04 can atest to the size of the tent!!

Monday, July 10, 2006 6:15 AM
You know there's plenty of room at my place, no need to pitch a tent hehe.

Monday, July 10, 2006 7:37 AM
Mr. A wrote:I will be there...the cavy made it to and from the Tri-Cities over the last week without any problems, so it should be good to go to Spokane. I would perfer to caravan with somebody else from the Seattle area, Keeper and/or Kardin??? It would make me feel better incase I have a break down. Please let me know when you guys are planning on leaving.

I'm prolly leaving my place at 1... that will put me in the Seattle vicinity at 1:30 to 1:45 ish... Still working out the "might have a passenger" details

Jarett wrote:you guys get a lot of pics at the Bash! I can't wait to see 'em.

I'll take as many as my camera's battery will let me Fortunately it's a quick recharge (bout an hour).

Monday, July 10, 2006 9:07 AM
I will have film and tripod, so i will be getting assloads of pics, and trying for a few nightshots of the lineup.

Unfortunately, Miška and I were out in Chicago last week, rollin' in my Aunt's Grand Marquis (Driving Callisto again is nice--may not have the v8 power, but actually handles well in comparison)) so i couldn't keep up. But let me know information about crashing at someone's place--I'll talk to Miška, but last i checked she didn't mind me putting my tent up somewhere (like, sosone's back yard) and chrashing there.

I should be there, but late--we're talking midnight or so Friday.

Jarret: I would love to, but I'll be a bit short on cash for awhile. How much, and how difficult is the install?

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, July 10, 2006 9:38 AM
Quote:

how difficult is the install?

There's a sticky in the performance forum that gives a brief overview of the swap. NY J-Bodies or TeamForwardMotion may have info on it in their tech sections

edit:

Any word yet that anyone knows of from the Oregon folks?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, July 10, 2006 9:39 AM

Monday, July 10, 2006 11:36 AM
D'akujem!

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, July 10, 2006 2:59 PM
Hehe thatd be sweet to haul a trailer w/ the 1st gen....you know I would too! I'm still thinkin' where I'm gonna stay but I'll pretty much park my truck anywhere and sleep in it

Monday, July 10, 2006 8:36 PM
Well after tlaking with Josh alil bit tonight, I think the crew and I are gonna crash at his place, so Damon tell Dean thanks for the offer, but big screen with xbox is very appealing!

Monday, July 10, 2006 9:54 PM
Maybe saturday afternoon we could hall ass up mt spokane to the top, get some photo's etc! That sounds like a good cruise.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:08 AM
Maybe we should all kinda agree on one thing? haha or else we'll be saying where's so and so and gahhhhhhhhhhh haha. I dunno...thats my thought I guess.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 1:02 PM
Just spent the morning brining over the coupe. I just finished installing the black Z24 hood and fender instead of the ugly red ones.. Tomorrow morning will be installing the bumper and lights. Once I get the body all worked out it will then be sent to the shop.. I'll get a quote on repairs at the end of this week and I am hoping it will be up and running by early next week. And with further inspection I found a nice rip in my upper raditor hose on the hatch and currently waiting for a phone call from Schucks for a replacement. Once that is installed I think my hatchback will be just fine. So once I get all this figured out I think I'll be cruising the coupe with the new Z24 front clip but I have to get new tabs and such. I was thinking if you want Anthony, you can roll the hatch so you can save some money on gas. If so I'll teach you how to drive it cause theres a few tricks to drive it!

As for Mt. Spokane, not sure if we will have time but we'll see.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 2:29 PM
That could be fun, but I think my truck gets the same gas mileage as your hatch I still think it would be fun to tow that baby around hehe.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 3:04 PM
heres my take on the situation...

1) my cav wont be up and running, so i will have to ride with someone.
2) I'm not a big fan of people crashing all over spokane...its hard enough to get everyone motivated from one place.
3) If josh wants to offer his place up thats cool, perhaps damon and him could work out details and lead this expedition and I will just tag along when I can.

if this is the case I can just tell the person who is going out of town not to worry because I dont need the place if its just susan and I.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search