I'm now a Mopar man - North Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I'm now a Mopar man
Saturday, August 12, 2006 6:54 AM
Well, sort of. The Punk Hoe wasn't working out with gas prices and everything, it just wasn't worth keeping, so we went looking around at a few dealerships and Dwayne Lanes (that's right, I'll name drop) was willing to strait up trade it in for us....actually, by the end of everything, THEY owed US money. We got a brand new, 05 Neon (been sitting on the lot for a while because people have been wanting the Calibur, which to me feels like a minivan)
Well, onto the Punk SXT.....

The thing came fully loaded, included was a complete Kicker system, WITH 10" sub and amp...

I'll get more pictures when I can. Tina has already got dibs on picking out rims and stuff to do to this beast.

Re: I'm now a Mopar man
Saturday, August 12, 2006 8:44 AM
ewwwwwwwww

Saturday, August 12, 2006 9:12 AM
Joshua Huber wrote:ewwwwwwwww

But good move on tradin in the hoe, you wouold be hurtin on gas!!

Saturday, August 12, 2006 3:16 PM
why a neon though. those things are but ugly and hella slow

Saturday, August 12, 2006 6:37 PM
It was either a brand new, loaded neon (only 81 miles) or a VERY base model used vehicle. We got a very good deal on the trade in, and ultimately it was my wife's decision. It's suprisingly quick. It would probably keep up with my cavi, or be pretty close.

Saturday, August 12, 2006 10:38 PM
So you got rid of a Tahoe? Gahhhhhh downgrade! Man I dont care what gas prices are, I will always have a truck hehe

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71
Sunday, August 13, 2006 8:33 AM
Yeah, we had to get rid of the Tahoe. It was sad to see her go, but right now, I don't have a job at all, so gas prices are really killing us, plus, we don't really do anything where we need something that big. If I need a truck, I can borrow my neighbors.

Sunday, August 13, 2006 8:41 AM
I bought a 2003 Neon brand new and traded it within a year because I hated it so much. The interior was boring and the exterior looks like most other compact cars to me. Traded for a 2002 Grand Am GT fully loaded. But if it does everthing you need it to do, that's great. Mine did get awesome mpg when I wasn't beating on it

Sunday, August 13, 2006 6:31 PM
Also, the front rotors tend to warp and the brakes will start to squeak after a few months. It wasn't just mine, it's a Neon thing.

Sunday, August 13, 2006 7:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I don't know if that's just most stock breaks or what, because the brakes on my Cavi, Firebird, my friend's Malibu, and my ex's Cavi all warpped after a month or so. I plan on changing the brakes out anyway for higher performance rotors

Sunday, August 13, 2006 7:35 PM
I brought my neon back to the dealership at 8 months for the rotors and they just turned them. I worked for a dodge dealer, and those two things i mentioned are just the nature of the beast. I didn't hold on to my car long enough to find a way around it. Good luck!

Monday, August 14, 2006 9:35 AM
My cavy, my mom's lumina, my gf's regal, and even my silverado all have warped rotors...

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71
Monday, August 14, 2006 3:16 PM
Punk Mobile (robmolloy) wrote:It was either a brand new, loaded neon (only 81 miles) or a VERY base model used vehicle. We got a very good deal on the trade in, and ultimately it was my wife's decision. It's suprisingly quick. It would probably keep up with my cavi, or be pretty close.

LOADED! WHAT....there is no spoiler, nor fog lights.....it's not fully loaded! and man it sounds like a lot of JBNW members has had a neon....yes...I had a neon...sxt but mine was fully loaded with aftermarket wheels and exhaust....and guess what......TRADED THAT BITACH IN FOR MY TRUCK!!!!!!! BEST MOVE EVER!!!!

haha robbie.....need to give shi#t and you got it!

later bro

New Sponsors: Show Stopper Tuning, Turbo Tech Racing, Izn Trbl Inc.
Tuesday, August 15, 2006 1:22 AM
The only thing I don't like is how amazingly high the rear ends on the new Neons stick up.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 6:11 AM
Spoilers are an OPTION. You can get a fully loaded vehicle without a spoiler

And Link master, that's what lowering kits are for

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 5:35 PM
So you don't have the obnoxious power windows in the front with the crank windows in the rear then? I can't imagine it would have affected the overall price of the car that much just to make all four windows power!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search