JBNW '06 Post-Bash Planning/Discussion - Page 5 - North Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: JBNW '06 Post-Bash Planning/Discussion
Wednesday, September 27, 2006 9:41 PM
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]P.S. the reason i need a 2000-2002 Sunfire GT is because the harness on the base models did not account for the fog lights, and the cavalier LS/Z24's harness was different from the Sunfire's...

According to car-part.com, the closest 2 yards that have a 2k+ GT are Graham and Port Orchard. Both are a bit of a hike....

Thursday, September 28, 2006 12:09 AM
Keeper, what did you melt???? I might have the parts to help you... just tell me exactly what you do need....

Now about HIN... who's entering their cars from JBNW??? There are two J's from BCJ coming down... and I'll be with Erin in her Neon... but not in the show. We're hoping to crash at Erik's with everyone else pretty please?

Thursday, September 28, 2006 12:18 AM
ERIK-- would it be cool if me and a buddy crashed at your place friday night. its not a def yet but the relatives i was supposed to stay with might be out of town til saturday. let me know

Cody

Thursday, September 28, 2006 3:43 AM
Punk Mobile (robmolloy) wrote:Hey, if you need something to do on friday, you can come chill at my place up in Everett. I won't be doing the hooters thing, but I will be going to the races that night. (got my kid, the wife says ok to races, no hooters...go figure )

Ill take it into consideration Rob, but were leaving friday morning, so well be int own at like noon, then gotta run off to bremerton to get my boy and then well be back into seattle, so Rob PM your phone number and ill holler at you if we decied to head out your way.

Thursday, September 28, 2006 7:40 AM
John Lenko wrote:
Now about HIN... who's entering their cars from JBNW??? There are two J's from BCJ coming down... and I'll be with Erin in her Neon... but not in the show. We're hoping to crash at Erik's with everyone else pretty please?

I think Stan (the red vert) is entering, maybe the black '03 cavi as well...

Not 100% sure, though

Thursday, September 28, 2006 8:33 AM
Scorpio1 (blu03lambocavi) wrote:
Punk Mobile (robmolloy) wrote:Hey, if you need something to do on friday, you can come chill at my place up in Everett. I won't be doing the hooters thing, but I will be going to the races that night. (got my kid, the wife says ok to races, no hooters...go figure )

Ill take it into consideration Rob, but were leaving friday morning, so well be int own at like noon, then gotta run off to bremerton to get my boy and then well be back into seattle, so Rob PM your phone number and ill holler at you if we decied to head out your way.

Sent you an e-mail bro Hopefully it went to the right place

Kardain wrote:
John Lenko wrote:

I think Stan (the red vert) is entering, maybe the black '03 cavi as well...

Not 100% sure, though

I don't think Stan is showing, I'm pretty sure that the black 03 (believe Matt is his name) will be showing though. Wish my car looked a little better cause I would show

Thursday, September 28, 2006 8:45 AM
I will be rolling in Friday night (late) so NO hooters for me I guess I'll have to ask my girl to strip in the rental and maybe some more interesting activities..

1985 Sunbird Hatchback | 1991 Sunbird Coupe | 2002 Cavalier LS Sport
Thursday, September 28, 2006 8:47 AM
Lenko:

The part that melted was connecter C101 under the battery--which i alredy replaced by just splicing in wires. However, that didn't fix the problem. I'm thinking there is more wiring damage down the line since everything from the connector back to the fuseblock seems to check out.

So, again, the best way i can describe it is this (i can follow up with some pics, but it might take awhile), is if you look under the hood of any 3rd gen J, right near the battery, you'll see a connector about the size of a pack of cigarettes. That's conector C101. if you trace the harness back towards the passenger compartment about...10cm (3˝ inches), and cut the harness there, then take everything it's connected to towards the front of the car (including connector C101, the headlight clips plugs, the foglight plugs, turn signal plugs, DRL relay plug, washer fluid reservoir plug, everything). That's what i need.

The bite in the ass is looking at the shop manual wiring diagrams, the harness is different on the Cavalier, Sunfire, Z24, and SFGT. Plus, the SFGT pre 2k didn't have the fogs. So, to be safe, i'll likely need tyhat portion of that wiring harness from a 2000, 2001, or 2002 SFGT.

Kardain: At this point, i might just try Port Orchard or Graham.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, September 28, 2006 8:59 AM
I regret to inform you all that i will not be attending this weekend. My parents informed me last night that i was to be home this weekend to watch after our pets and the house. They are leaving for the weekend and hadn't told me i was to be home instead. And since they paid for the car and are paying for college i must comply. They did say i could definatly go to the mext meet.

Wow that ^^^ really sounds highschoolish. I feel like a 12 year old dork.

P.S. take a lot of pictures for me.

Shawn M.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Thursday, September 28, 2006 12:22 PM
KEGGER AT SHAWN'S!!!!!! <j/k>

Seriously, i feel your pain. But we'll see if we can't have any post-post bash meets this year--there seems to be a demand for it.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Thursday, September 28, 2006 1:33 PM
I have a spare C101 somewhere... but I don't have the rest of the wiring, as I've never had a SFGT. I pulled a Sunfire GT harness from an 01, and the physical plug on C101 is different than the 99 and 00 plug. You probably need the 00 harness (specifically) then.

...j

Thursday, September 28, 2006 7:56 PM
Cody Vernon wrote:ERIK-- would it be cool if me and a buddy crashed at your place friday night. its not a def yet but the relatives i was supposed to stay with might be out of town til saturday. let me know

Cody

Not a problem...there should be plenty of room!!!

Nomad wrote:I will be rolling in Friday night (late) so NO hooters for me I guess I'll have to ask my girl to strip in the rental and maybe some more interesting activities..

You do know that I'm charging you and only you a fee to stay at my place. That is payable in cash or ^^^^^!

If anyone still needs my cell number shot me a PM!!!!

Later,
Erik

Mr. Andresen AKA Erik
Representing 2nd Gens...'89 Cavalier Z24
Thursday, September 28, 2006 9:46 PM
I'll bring lots of Canadian Beer

Thursday, September 28, 2006 9:49 PM
Mmmmm.... Canadian beer

Thursday, September 28, 2006 10:16 PM
Kardain wrote:Mmmmm.... Canadian beer

yummy, canadian beer!!

Well im leaving at 9am to head that away, see you guys there!!!

Friday, September 29, 2006 8:30 AM
leaving now at 9:33am, see you guys this afternoon!

Friday, September 29, 2006 9:46 AM
Sounds like fun...but I just came from Seattle yesterday

GODSMACK BABY!

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71
Friday, September 29, 2006 9:48 AM
Erik- the relatives are back in town so i'm good for a place, thank you though.

i will be up but not til late, hopefully in enough time to make it to evergreen. most likely not though.

i will see all of you at the park on saturday.

later

Friday, September 29, 2006 11:48 AM
Cody Vernon wrote:Erik- the relatives are back in town so i'm good for a place, thank you though.

i will be up but not til late, hopefully in enough time to make it to evergreen. most likely not though.

i will see all of you at the park on saturday.

later

It is no big deal...you can still stay at my place if you want. You will be closer to the action!

Later,
Erik

Mr. Andresen AKA Erik
Representing 2nd Gens...'89 Cavalier Z24
Friday, September 29, 2006 4:06 PM
The physical plug may be different, but if the wiring's the same i'll be golden--that's my only concern since the plug itself is in a landill somewhere.

That's the only thing i need to know then, if the wiring from C101 on a 2000 would match a 2k1 or a 2k2--regardless of plug style. if not, then i'm limited to a 2000, if so, then i have 3 years to look at. There's a chance the wiring in them are the same since C101 from the 2000's are only using 12 of 15 ports--they might have shank it to a 12-port connector.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Sunday, October 01, 2006 1:07 PM
anyone make it to tha car show........my car was in it...but it was my moms b-day soi did that with her and didn't make it up there...there goes the $57 reg fee...lol......anyway long time no see

Sunday, October 01, 2006 5:46 PM
Well guys, the mem card that I was using is dead, even to the point where file recovery is not possible. So... what few pics that I did get are gone.

Matt, hey no worries. If there's a post-post bash meet, you'll have to head up for it.

Sunday, October 01, 2006 6:23 PM
Well, here's the few pictures I took. I'm sure Damon, Matt, and Erik have a lot more

The first official pic of the post bash...

Ain't she beautiful...I know, I have wires hanging, and zip ties...gotta love the zip ties
The group at the races....

The baby is holding my place while I take the picture

And the BBQ...

Enjoy, and POST YOUR PICTURES WHEN YOU GOT THEM!!!!

Sunday, October 01, 2006 6:44 PM
Looks like fun

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71
Sunday, October 01, 2006 10:33 PM
Thanks Erik for letting us BC'ers crash at your place Hope we didn't get you in TOO much trouble!!

Keeper, I'll have a hunt around here... I know I've got the parts in a box somewhere. Otherwise, I'll find you one for sure..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search