Portland blew. - North Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Portland blew.
Saturday, September 02, 2006 5:45 PM
i drove 4 hours to Portland and got nothing.

Dyno numbers in. 173hp and 166tq. Yeah pretty @!#$ty huh. the car was running an air/fuel of 13.5 and it started pulling timing around 4 grand. right before the drop off at 4 grand i was hittin 163hp and 107tq. i could have hit 190hp easy with a tune. I would have had the dudes at the shop tune it up but HPtuner wasn't working, they didn't have the lates updates to it.

i decided to take it to the track anyway, i fugired i drove 4 hours i wasn't going to not go just becuase i wasn't hitting the numbers i hoped for. a 30 min drive from the shop to the track turned into 2 hours in gridlock traffic, thats probably my bad for trying to go on memorial day weekend. so the sc is heat soaked and my engine is sittin around 210-220 F, but we finally get to the track. Since it took us so long to get there i could only fit in 3 runs. then on top of everything else im having a horrible time trying to hook up. So best run of the day was...

rt- .638
60- 2.408
330- 6.397
1/8- 9.660
mph- 76.88
1000- 12.452
1/4- 14.825
mph- 95.37

Re: Portland blew.
Saturday, September 02, 2006 6:48 PM
Nice. I gotta get that damn supercharger!!!!

Sunday, September 03, 2006 11:08 AM
Wow, yeah id say you need that tune bad bro, most people are puttin down better #'s consistently on the dyno, so get that bad boy tuned and then we'll be talking!! But dont be discouraged, those are pretty good numbers, better than stock for sure! But im impressed on the 1/4 run, pretty good, solv ethem sticky issues and youll be set, have you thought about the Team Green LSD, that could help a bit.

TEAm Green LSD thread

Check the last few pages for the availablility, he makes them in batches......

Sunday, September 03, 2006 12:37 PM
Yeah portland was kind of a bust, mostly because of traffic and only having time for 3 runs at the track. On my one half decent run I launched harder then I eve rhave before, the wheel hop was so bad I was possitive something was going ot break. best run of the night:
R/T .579
60' 2.405
330 6.632
1/8 70.51
MPH 70.51
1000 13.185
1/4 15.714
MPH 89.79

Sunday, September 10, 2006 11:11 PM
Quote:

Dyno numbers in. 173hp and 166tq. Yeah pretty @!#$ty huh. the car was running an air/fuel of 13.5 and it started pulling timing around 4 grand. right before the drop off at 4 grand i was hittin 163hp and 107tq. i could have hit 190hp easy with a tune. I would have had the dudes at the shop tune it up but HPtuner wasn't working, they didn't have the lates updates to it.

13.5 is WAY to lean for boost. good thing it was pulling timing.

Quote:

i decided to take it to the track anyway, i fugired i drove 4 hours i wasn't going to not go just becuase i wasn't hitting the numbers i hoped for. a 30 min drive from the shop to the track turned into 2 hours in gridlock traffic, thats probably my bad for trying to go on memorial day weekend. so the sc is heat soaked and my engine is sittin around 210-220 F

try putting a bag of ice on the charger between runs for like 10 min.
need a small dry shot or an alky injection kit to cool it down.

http://www.myspace.com/15102113

Sunday, September 10, 2006 11:43 PM
what the crap, why wasn't i invited to portland. you guys suck. anyways, either of you (josh or rory) going to the bash and HIN. let me know, i am in for sure. also, hilkka just got her new camera so we should def get together, especially you josh since you live here in town and take a few photos. by the by, my stupid phone died.
Thursday, September 14, 2006 10:31 PM
Cody Vernon wrote:what the crap, why wasn't i invited to portland. you guys suck. anyways, either of you (josh or rory) going to the bash and HIN. let me know, i am in for sure. also, hilkka just got her new camera so we should def get together, especially you josh since you live here in town and take a few photos. by the by, my stupid phone died.

Yeah sorry Cody, Portland wasn't really planed out well anyway. More like a big waste of money really. Yeah i know im not going to be able to make it up to Seattle for HIN, it would be cool but i can't afford it right now. Im trying to save up some cash so i can get more shat for my car.

Quote:

13.5 is WAY to lean for boost. good thing it was pulling timing.

try putting a bag of ice on the charger between runs for like 10 min.
need a small dry shot or an alky injection kit to cool it down.

Yeah i really want an alky injection kit, its like next on my list. Im going to try and save up so i can get the alky kit, 2.7 sc pulley, and then get it all tuned up... but thats gona cost me like over 600 bucks, so yeah.

So anybody think i should get bigger injectors while im at it. i think since im just going down to the 2.7 pulley i shouldn't need them but im not sure. i can't remember the size of the ones that come with the kit, and i can't find my book to look it up.

Friday, September 15, 2006 3:03 AM
You could get the bigger injectors, hell you might as well, you should invest in an adjustable Air fuel Pressure Regulator too, that way you can make use of those bigger injectors! im sure that would keep you on the rich side, lol.

Friday, September 15, 2006 2:39 PM
well the injectors i have now should be big enough. its just my computer isn't telling them to pump enough fuell in. thats why i need a tune

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search