JBNW '06 Post-Bash Planning/Discussion - Page 4 - North Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: JBNW '06 Post-Bash Planning/Discussion
Saturday, September 23, 2006 10:59 AM
Goodness sakes.. sometimes things go unexplained... I have never in my life experienced such bullshiet... Okay, anyone remember when we all planned the bash schedule? I believe that was in March, right? Alright.. I put it in for the time off for the Hot Import Nights - Post Bash ON the vacation calendar. Guess what? When I arrived Thursday to look at the new work schedule I noticed they had me working that weekend. I couldn't believe what my eyes were looking at. The managers who run the business I work for don't understand the concept of people having a social life let alone friends like you guys. Anyhow I told them how disgusted I was and walked out the door to start working.. Not more than 10 minutes later they changed the schedule.

I have the weekend off, but there is one more hurdle to get over. Now mind you.. I had asked for Friday through Sunday off. Well as the schedule reads right now I work on Friday from 3 to closing. There goes my allotted time for driving to Seattle with out driving like a maniac to get there asap. Tonight I'll have to work my lucky charm magic and hopefully this guy can swap me shifts where I can get off at 6 and then I can leave around 6:30ish from Spokane to meet up with you guys around Midnight.

I'll be in a rental once again, unless maybe Josh comes with their truck and we could haul the vintage rod over to Sea town for the weekend. My girlfriend will be coming along and not sure exactly where I will be crashing but if Erik still has room for 2, then that'd be awesome. I thought we oughta handcuff Keeper with a chain cause he seems to disappear when there is a girl involved at our meets. lol j/k keeper....

1985 Sunbird Hatchback | 1991 Sunbird Coupe | 2002 Cavalier LS Sport

Sunday, September 24, 2006 12:02 AM
So i am a little confused. Is there a final schedual for next weekend? I would be up for racing as long as its not too expensive. I have never raced an 1/8th mile track.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Sunday, September 24, 2006 10:45 AM
I managed to swap my shifts for Friday so I plan on arranging my rental before I head to work and as soon as I leave work I will be on the road. According to MSN maps it should take around 4 hours, so when I leave around six that'd put me in Seattle around 10-11. SO what are we all doing on Friday night?

1985 Sunbird Hatchback | 1991 Sunbird Coupe | 2002 Cavalier LS Sport
Sunday, September 24, 2006 12:18 PM
As far as the track goes, I'll call Evergreen tomorrow.

Sunday, September 24, 2006 12:57 PM
Ok so I (hope) finally combine all the suggestions into a schedule for the PostBash that is next weekend. If I forgot something please tell me and I will try to add it in. It is more a relaxed schedule from last year’s Bash, more like this year’s Bash.

I have one quick question…How many people are planning on doing something Thursday evening? I will not be able to stay out late because I have the one and only class in the business department with classes on Friday (8:30am) during fall quarter.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Hooters – Downtown Seattle for Dinner
Meet around 5:00 pm

Evergreen Speedway – 14405 179th Ave Se, Monroe, WA

Gates Open: 5:00 pm and Drags Start: 6:00 pm
1/8 mile drag racing, Autocross, and Drifting

Directions from Seattle
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=seattle,+wa&daddr=14405+179th+Ave+Se,+Monroe,+WA&ie=UTF8&z=10&om=1
People arriving for Hooter we will drive there together.
People coming from the west side late in the evening should take North I-405 and pick up the directions from there.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

BBQ at either Carkeek Park in Northwest Seattle or Alki Beach in West Seattle

Meeting time: noon to 2:30pm

It will be a Potluck BBQ; you bring food you get to eat. We need to start a list to make sure that we have everything.

We can decide on Saturday, basing it on the current weather and number of people coming from different areas around Seattle, where we will have it.

Hot Import Nights in Downtown Seattle – Qwest Field Events Center

Tickets: $25 for online purchases and $30 at the door

Parking at a parking garage at 2nd Ave & Yesler Way & James St. The same place as last year's HIN.

Check out the website for what will be at this year’s HIN. http://www.hotimportnights.com/events/event.asp?id=160

Sunday, October 1, 2006

For those staying at my apartment we can find a place to eat and screw around at before everyone takes off. If other people want to join us please call me Sunday morning and I will tell you where we are heading.

IDEAS???

GameWorks (Games, Food, and Drinks) opens at 10:00am http://www.gameworks.com/locations/seattle.php

Jillian’s (Pool, Food, Drinks, and TVs) opens at 12:00pm http://www.jilliansbilliards.com/club_detail_E.asp?club_id=7

I hope that is good for everyone…right now it kind of sounds like not many people are coming. For those from out-of-town there is plenty of room at my place to stay.

Damon: Please add the basic information to the current stuff at JBNW.org so people can find it there too. Thanks!

Rob: Please find out how late Evergreen Raceway is open for the Friday night drags. Thanks!

Later,
Erik

Mr. Andresen AKA Erik
Representing 2nd Gens...'89 Cavalier Z24
Sunday, September 24, 2006 2:18 PM
What time are you guys going to be hitting up the raceways? I might have to come out for that.

Sunday, September 24, 2006 3:32 PM
Punk Mobile (robmolloy) wrote:What time are you guys going to be hitting up the raceways? I might have to come out for that.

I'm guessing around 7:00 to 7:30. It depends how long we take for dinner and how late the track is open. I will give you a set answer when Rob calls the track and finds out how late the are open to.

Later,
Erik

Mr. Andresen AKA Erik
Monday, September 25, 2006 2:41 AM
Ill be hitting town Thursday night, not sure exactly when, but i plan to leave my house around 4pm your time. I plan too, well see when I actually leave...... lol..... At some point Friday Igotta head down to Tacoma to pick up "exploder joe" (from last years post-bash fame) so he can hit the track with us.... but no other plans besides what is listed above! Erik I'll call you when i leave missoula and then when I get close to Seattle so your not worried about me, lol

Monday, September 25, 2006 10:27 AM
Ok, the site was updated before I could call, but still will anyway (waiting for my break time )

Quote:

Friday Sept. 29:

Street Drags 6:00PM

Back Gates Open 5:00PM

edit: Ok... called, but couldn't get through to anyone, kept getting forwarded to a voicemail box that was not subscribed to... I'll try back later today.

I'd say for now, bring $10 for entry just in case.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, September 25, 2006 10:45 AM

Monday, September 25, 2006 12:02 PM
I will be there for atleast racing on friday and all the events saturday. Count me in! Good work everyone.

Monday, September 25, 2006 4:37 PM
James...So you will be coming in around midnight on Thursday? I will be up but I have class on Friday at 8:30 and have to work at least part of the day (probably until 2 or so). You guys can stay at my place for Thurday night, but you have to either leave at the same time as me (7:30 am) or you have to wait until I get home (3:00 pm). Do you understand?

As for everyone coming in on Friday afternoon if you come in early then you can hang out at my place or you can head to Hooter's earlier then I have in the plan.

And I'm glad to hear that there are still some people coming to the PostBASH. Thanks in advance that are attending the PostBASH!!!

Later,
Erik

Mr. Andresen AKA Erik

Monday, September 25, 2006 4:37 PM
Oh yeah...send me a PM if you need my cell.

Mr. Andresen AKA Erik
Monday, September 25, 2006 5:48 PM
sweet!!! i'm stoked. anyways, i will be up on friday around 7ish so it looks like i'll just head to evergreen and meet you all there. pot luck is a good idea, i'm in for some munchie snack stuff. chips, crackers, dip, etc.
Monday, September 25, 2006 6:33 PM
Bloody hell... I tried 8 times today an no luck on the phone call to Evergreen.

Looks like its trying again tomorrow

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 8:59 AM
holy @!#$, ok, after my yakima asdventure my car is still in one peice, yeah after a 13.9 @ 123.7, boost baby, i am down for racing tottaly

fully built 2200-TO4E T3/T4-HP tuners-373hp @18psi
Tuesday, September 26, 2006 9:03 AM
I think i am going to try and meet you guys at Hooters, can someone give me the address or something? About when will you guys leave to go racing?

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 9:07 AM
Tuesday, September 26, 2006 9:08 AM
i am going to get on a high speed connecton tonight and load up some vids and pics, it is now the sleeper i have always wanted

fully built 2200-TO4E T3/T4-HP tuners-373hp @18psi
Tuesday, September 26, 2006 9:52 AM
My deal:
Friday night is out because I don't want to chance my headlights going out on me on the freeway. i can possibly make it for Hooter's, though.

On an aside, if anyone knowns of a junked 2000-2002 Sunfire GT (has to be that) with wiring harnesses intact, please e-mail me ASAFP.

Saturday i'll be able to do carkeek, but i'm nixing HIN.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, September 26, 2006 10:44 AM
Which part of the wiring harness? I'll ask around and see what I can find

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 4:31 PM
Ok, so friday I'll be at the raceway with the kiddo, and maybe the BBQ on Saturday, but I have to be back out in Everett by 3...that may change though. We'll have to see.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 4:55 AM
Erik Andresen wrote:James...So you will be coming in around midnight on Thursday? I will be up but I have class on Friday at 8:30 and have to work at least part of the day (probably until 2 or so). You guys can stay at my place for Thurday night, but you have to either leave at the same time as me (7:30 am) or you have to wait until I get home (3:00 pm). Do you understand?

As for everyone coming in on Friday afternoon if you come in early then you can hang out at my place or you can head to Hooter's earlier then I have in the plan.

And I'm glad to hear that there are still some people coming to the PostBASH. Thanks in advance that are attending the PostBASH!!!

Later,
Erik

Well we should be getting into town before then, yall know it dont take me long at all to get to Seattle from my place, hahahaha, but if its too late ill hea dot my boys house in tacoma and meet you the next day..... if were in town early enough well stay at your house thurs. night then go to my boys when you leave for class! Or i might just leave Fri morning, hmmm, decisions, regardles ill call you when we hit town erik.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 7:30 AM
Hey, if you need something to do on friday, you can come chill at my place up in Everett. I won't be doing the hooters thing, but I will be going to the races that night. (got my kid, the wife says ok to races, no hooters...go figure )

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 10:34 AM
Kardain wrote:Which part of the wiring harness? I'll ask around and see what I can find

In all 3rd gen J's, there's a 15-wire connector under the battery called C101. This is the one that fried on me. I need the harness from *just* above the connector, including the connector (as in the harness needs to be cut on the side of the connector closest to the passenger compartment, with some room for making splices), and including everything past connector 101--including the headlight, foglight, turn signal, DRL relay connector, and washer pump connections--among others.

My thougths are when the thing shorted, it took out some other wires with it along the harness, since that harness controlled the headlights. I want to be able to get that clean harness, bench test it, and install it after ripping the old one out. I figure that shuld do it--if it doesn't, it means tthe short fried my BCM, and i'd rather test the cheap way out...

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Wednesday, September 27, 2006 10:35 AM
P.S. the reason i need a 2000-2002 Sunfire GT is because the harness on the base models did not account for the fog lights, and the cavalier LS/Z24's harness was different from the Sunfire's...

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search