tune up - North Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tune up
Tuesday, October 03, 2006 9:18 PM
so im about to role over to 100,000 miles. I just ordered a smaller pulley for my supercharger. What should i do to ensure that the car keeps running well, i do oil changes every 3,000, but what else needs to be done. Anything special 100k tune up.

Re: tune up
Tuesday, October 03, 2006 10:02 PM
From Edmunds.com:

Change Engine oil
Lubricate Chassis
Replace Oil filter
Inspect EGR system
Inspect Fuel tank, cap & lines
Replace Air filter

Rotate Wheels & tires
Change Engine oil
Lubricate Chassis
Replace Oil filter

Inspect Spark plug wires
Replace Spark plugs

My recommendations:
Drain/refill transmission
Coolant flush

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 3:52 AM
Drop in a fresh buiolt engine, hehehehehe. But in all seriousness, do what rob said above^^^. and you might get compression tested and all that good serious testing done, to be on the safe side.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 9:21 AM
Quote:

and you might get compression tested and all that good serious testing done, to be on the safe side

I forgot about that bit... since you now have a blower, a quick compression check wouldn't hurt.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 2:31 PM
I would make sure to use a synthetic oil also. Yes definately transmission flush and coolant change. I'm sure you've already replaced spark plugs also. So umm....I think Rob covered everything.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71
Wednesday, October 04, 2006 5:24 PM
Alright sweet. Im already using synthetic oil... so check, check on the plugs i just got new ones with the sc, plus i just changed my coil packs because they were going out. So really all im looking at is transmission flush, and coolant change... oh and about a compression check, how much and were would you guys recommend i get that done.

Friday, October 06, 2006 9:00 AM
Any reputable shop should be able to do the compression test for a lil bit of cash, they generally are not too expensive but its been years since I paid for one, I usually do my own.

Friday, October 06, 2006 7:17 PM
how much would a compression tester/guage be?

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71
Friday, October 06, 2006 7:32 PM
$25-40, depending on where you pick one up.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search