Painting panels??? - North Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Painting panels???
Tuesday, November 14, 2006 11:05 PM
I read a write up on doing some fiberglassing and I am thinking about giving it a try on some spare parts. I was wondering when I am done to the painting part what is the best paint to use. Will any auto paint work? Also how do you get that marbel look that I see occasionaly. IS that done in the paint alone or is there another step to doing that look?

Re: Painting panels???
Wednesday, November 15, 2006 6:32 PM
Jonny wrote:I read a write up on doing some fiberglassing and I am thinking about giving it a try on some spare parts. I was wondering when I am done to the painting part what is the best paint to use. Will any auto paint work? Also how do you get that marbel look that I see occasionaly. IS that done in the paint alone or is there another step to doing that look?

The Marbel look that you are refering to is a speical paint that you can get through house of kolor. I currently have HOK marbelizer blue done to my car. Phantasy Kolors in Snohomish, Wa does the paint. I am currently changing my color of my car, from the marbelizer blue to a different color of marbelizer. I do have a blue marbleized trunk that you can fin pictures of in another post that I am selling it in. If you interested.

New Sponsors: Show Stopper Tuning, Turbo Tech Racing, Izn Trbl Inc.
Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:04 PM
^^ Listen to this guy about paint

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 11:26 PM
So the paint itself when applied comes out that marbel color? Its not two different colors or anything? You see this is why I like you guys full of info for me.
Wednesday, November 15, 2006 11:43 PM
Thursday, November 16, 2006 2:29 AM
I hav ein the past done marble paint effects but they were on paintings ive done, never on a car, but its all about swirl and stroke combo on paintings, so for cars your stuck wiht HOK paints, lol.

Thursday, November 16, 2006 10:32 AM
That is good info. Thank you guys. This will be an expensive experiement. MAybe Ill wait untill after xmas..
Thursday, November 16, 2006 6:07 PM
I am sponsored with with both HOK and Phantsay Kolors, and just to give you an idea....my car is going to be painted a marblizer...but not telling the color yet! Anyway...It's going to run me to do the exterior and interior of my car around 15,000 dollars! Just an idea! and remember I am sponsored!

Sunday, November 19, 2006 8:30 AM
That 15k is with labor right? I couldnt see anyone spending that on materials alone.
Monday, November 20, 2006 8:17 AM
Depends on the paint. Some of the specialty paints can drive the cost way up. Also, depending on the specific color, for example, Coddington Red - a custom blend - can be somewhat expensive.
Some of the 15k though is labor charge.

Monday, November 20, 2006 9:12 PM
Kardain wrote:Depends on the paint. Some of the specialty paints can drive the cost way up. Also, depending on the specific color, for example, Coddington Red - a custom blend - can be somewhat expensive.
Some of the 15k though is labor charge.

Robs right..labor is included, but that isn't much.....8k is about paint and the rest is labor

Monday, November 20, 2006 9:28 PM
I wish I was independently wealthy (and knew how to fiberglass). I'd send a bunch of interior pieces to Killer Paint out in Snohomish...

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 5:18 PM
I am not wealth nor do I know how to fiberglass I am just buying cheap interior pieces on ebay and amn going to learn how to fiberglass on those. That way I can screw up a lot on them and do good when it comes to my stuff. My car is my dailty driver so I expect imperfections. If I screw up oh well I will start over or buy more cheap ones on the ebay.
Tuesday, November 21, 2006 7:22 PM
lol That's the ticket I'm not really sure why I posted that last comment.... one of those flash thoughts I have from time to time.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 1:53 AM
Kardain wrote:lol That's the ticket I'm not really sure why I posted that last comment.... one of those flash thoughts I have from time to time.

Crazy bastige!

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 4:54 PM
Kardain wrote:I wish I was independently wealthy (and knew how to fiberglass). I'd send a bunch of interior pieces to Killer Paint out in Snohomish...

so over rated....that's all I will say!

BTW Johnny I do have a fiberglassed dash and front bezel that is all custom for sale..if interested!

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 6:11 PM
I would rather do it by myslef. It gives me something to do and I will feel better about it when its done. By the way who has to get up early on friday and do shopping??? I work retail so I have to help you people.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!! WELL EVERYONE EXCEPT PEOPLE WHO DRIVE HONDUH'S
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search