Whats there interesting to do in Tacoma/seattle/pugent sound area? - North Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Whats there interesting to do in Tacoma/seattle/pugent sound area?
Wednesday, December 20, 2006 7:43 PM
I am flying out friday 6am here in NY with my dad ans step mom and getting into Seattle @ noonish pst.. Were spending X-mas with my brother and sister in law at there house which is on the Fort Lewis base. I have never been any further east than ohio before so this is going to be all new to me. For one i've never travled over different time zones and here i will be going backwards 3 hrs. Can you locals give me some ideas on things to do besides seeing the original starbucks, space needle, and i guess the fish market is something interesting to be seen i have been told. Also any idea on how the weather is suppose to be? I am going to be in the area till jan 2nd when we fly back to NY. Thanks in advance.

Re: Whats there interesting to do in Tacoma/seattle/pugent sound area?
Wednesday, December 20, 2006 8:59 PM
dude....I don't know what you have heard, but we had a big wind storm....which was friday, and some still don't have power! But I live up in the everett area with karden, Punkcavi, and two others....there is some j's that are around kent....but I would def hit up the malls.....if you want to come up north, I can chill a little on sat. But besides that you could hit up game works in seattle...I think it's on 4th ave....if you into gaming! later eric

New Sponsors: Show Stopper Tuning, Turbo Tech Racing, Izn Trbl Inc.
Wednesday, December 20, 2006 9:39 PM
Custom J a.k.a Whitecavalier01 wrote:dude....I don't know what you have heard, but we had a big wind storm....which was friday, and some still don't have power! But I live up in the everett area with karden, Punkcavi, and two others....there is some j's that are around kent....but I would def hit up the malls.....if you want to come up north, I can chill a little on sat. But besides that you could hit up game works in seattle...I think it's on 4th ave....if you into gaming! later eric

Now that you mention that wind storm, my mom was saying when she spoke to my brother she said something about them having alot of stick in their yard but i was in a hurry out the door and wasn't paying attention. They were only without power for 5 hrs since they are on an army base, he said they get it back really quick.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 9:55 PM
Quote:

I think it's on 4th ave

Close, 7th and Pike

1511 7th Ave
Seattle, WA 98101
(206) 521-0952

www.gameworks.com

Quote:

and two others

Zach and Stan are the other 2 I'm 90 min out of Seattle, about an hour south of Canada, but unfortunately, I have plans for the holidays

Weather wise, um.... rain

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast-15day.asp?partner=forecastfox&traveler=0&zipcode=98111&metric=0

My advice, stick to the touristy areas... Waterfront, Space Needle, Experience Music Project, Pike Place Market

Seahawks are out of town (@Tampa), so that's out...

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 10:59 PM
Kardain wrote:
Quote:

I think it's on 4th ave

Seahawks are out of town (@Tampa), so that's out...

Thats funny, because i was told we were seeing them play saturday afternoon against san diego? Unless there is another NFL team playing saturday afternoon but i'm pretty sure it was the sea hawks.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 11:12 PM
I always forget what day of the month it is... I've lost track really. All I know is its not my day off tomorrow but the day after is... They are in town xmas eve vs San Diego

Thursday, December 21, 2006 8:03 AM
Oh look at all that rain in the forcast.... Atleast its going to be warmer than here and i won't have to look at snow.

THanks for the info guys.

Thursday, December 21, 2006 6:26 PM
Seahawks play xmas eve....and sorry rob...damn...I was rushing myself!

New Sponsors: Show Stopper Tuning, Turbo Tech Racing, Izn Trbl Inc.
Thursday, December 21, 2006 8:25 PM
Its ok... I forgot the other Erik in Seattle

Friday, December 22, 2006 6:10 PM
im from McChord AFB (right next to fort lewis)...there is usually some things to do right in tacoma (only a couple min's up the road)...but on the weekends there are alot of ppl that hang out at the krispy kream right at the mall....they also hang out in puyallup at te mcdonalds...then once it gets late everyone heads to kent...

thats how it was all summer...i dnt really know how things are goin right now...(im deployed..left there in sept and wont be back till march)

I <3 3COT3C!

www.IZNTRBL.com
Monday, December 25, 2006 7:30 PM
Well I am having a killer time out here so far. I was hoping to see the sea hawks win yesterday but i guess the chargers offence was a little better than ours. It was my first NFL game actually... nothing like it being totally across country and in the pouring rain, but our seats were right center field below the jumbotron in section 122. I offically love this state compared to NY. There is just soo much more scenery and elevation changes to just make it more to it than just flat land back home. The only thing that I truely dislike is the insane traffic on I-5. OMG..4 lane high way and its still a @!#$ nightmare. We took the sounder to the foorball game and got a pretty good view of the scenery through Puyallup, kent, auburn, and the other towns along the track which are slipping my mind right now. Saw the back side of the boeing plant, and a few of the neat places in the first part of downtown seattle. Like the starbucks headquarters, amazon.com place and both baseball field which i forgot the name of and of course Qwest field. Friday I was able to see Mt. Ranier and got a few good shots from the PX here on base over the air field. Also It must be nice to be able to drive a nice cars year round with no salt on the roads. I have seen quite a few cars which back home have been in storage for a few mos now. I have been trying to keep an eye for the J's in the area, but i have only seen a yellow 00-02 cav with a yellow huge ass wing, black euro headlights and a drop today at the 24hr store here on base. The lakewood shopping place or market which ever its called is just insane as well. Like every store i could imagine was in there, but of course that was a cluster @!#$ on saturday trying to get a few last things. Still have more than a week left here and i know we have soo much left to do. One of these days I guess up in seattle i think its called Pike's Peak market? Were going to see that, the boeing musem, some huge REI store which i was told is a massive outdoors store.. I probably won't be able to get back on the internet til i get back home but i'll let you guys know the outcome of this trip. But so far this is the best state i have seen in the USA compared to FLA for is nice weather, lol...

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 1:14 AM
*using Jedi mind coherson tecnique* You want ot move to the NW, and join JBNW.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 2:29 AM
Quote:

4 lane high way and its still a @!#$ nightmare.

That's normal unfortunately. People protest carpooling

Quote:

baseball field which i forgot the name of

Safeco

Quote:

I have been trying to keep an eye for the J's in the area

The presence of J's from WA (mainly the Seattle area) on JBO is slim at best. The average driver of J's in this neck of the woods are middle aged folks w/ families (the original owner of my car was a 40 y/o golfer and 2 kids -- based on what I found under the rear seat )

There are a few modded J's aside from the boring stock look... most of those owners already belong to a car club and want nothing to do with JBO. The rest of 'em are your average autozone ricer.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 12:03 PM

Quote:

I have been trying to keep an eye for the J's in the area

The presence of J's from WA (mainly the Seattle area) on JBO is slim at best. The average driver of J's in this neck of the woods are middle aged folks w/ families (the original owner of my car was a 40 y/o golfer and 2 kids -- based on what I found under the rear seat )

There are a few modded J's aside from the boring stock look... most of those owners already belong to a car club and want nothing to do with JBO. The rest of 'em are your average autozone ricer.

im form the tacoma/ puyalup area...me and nwcavy are the only cavys that i know that use the org...

I <3 3COT3C!

www.IZNTRBL.com
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:32 AM
I def. enjoyed my journey to your fellas part of the country. There were several things i liked about it and several things i disliked. But I guess thats pretty much the same for anywhere you go.

But here are some things i did enjoy out there...

Of course some good ole NFL football...

The drunk train to get your drunk ass home from the game safely

Funny named towns..Puyallup and tukwila had to be my favs.

Friendly people...

Plentiful starbucks.... Didn't really care for seattles best coffee.

REI - Put our east coast store EMS ( Eastern Mountin Sports ) to shame and took $185 bucks of my vacay moola on a fleece jacket and hoodie for the misses.

Rock Pasta - The Rock ( which ever its called) - Wood fire pizza is the shiznit! This was the tacoma one.

Puget Sound...

... and the music station.. ( The Funky Monkey.) Its hard comming back out here to over played crap and radio DJ's talking all the time. Thanks for pointin out some of the things to do in your area guys. I had a good time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:33 AM

Thursday, January 04, 2007 6:47 PM
Quote:

The drunk train to get your drunk ass home from the game safely

First time I've heard it called that

Glad you had a good time.

Its definitely an experience. I don't recall if the weather was too clear, but the backdrop of the Cascades is something else. That's what keeps me from leaving the area permanently.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search