Anyone in spokane - North Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone in spokane
Sunday, October 29, 2006 6:36 PM
I live in Spokane and was wondering if anyone of you do and also know how to do fiberglass molding. I would love to learn. I also was wondering about this jbnw club. Anyone in spokane in it? Are the jbnw people looking to get people from Spokane in it. I hope to have a car driveable next summer and would be interested in meeting up with some other J's.

Jonny

Re: Anyone in spokane
Sunday, October 29, 2006 8:41 PM
Quote:

I also was wondering about this jbnw club. Anyone in spokane in it?

Also from the Spokane area: Damon, Josh Huber, Bigtemps, Rogue (although he doesn't post on JBO much), Quikzilverado, and Cody Vernon (although some may be from the Pasco/TriCities area...)

Quote:

Are the jbnw people looking to get people from Spokane in it.

I would imagine. The more the merrier.
Quote:

I hope to have a car driveable next summer and would be interested in meeting up with some other J's.

Can't wait. Sorry, can't help ya on your fiberglass question, though.

Sunday, October 29, 2006 9:57 PM
Thanks for the info. I will probably learn on my own the fiberglassing part. I hear that its the best way. Just learn from your mistakes. Can't wait for thursday I am hoping to pick up another Cavalier. By the way do you know if any of the ebay steering wheels are any good? They seem to be really inexspensive. Just wondering.
Sunday, October 29, 2006 10:28 PM
The old adage "You get what you pay for" sometimes holds true w/ eBay purchases... sometimes you get total shyte, other times you get a really good deal on something quality.

Now w/ steering wheels, the main 2 points that come up are durability of the structure and durability of the fabric/leather.

Sometimes, the leather will fade out, but WTH right? You're only out $35-50...

As for the structure, I'd say go with your gut. If it looks like its a flimsy wheel on eBay, it probably is.

The D-Wheel in this thread looks like something that may have the qualities of both worlds... Just that center cap, though. Not sure what to do w/ it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, October 29, 2006 10:29 PM

Monday, October 30, 2006 8:23 AM
Definitly, the more the merrier for JBNW!

Welcome, and I hope to meet you at a future meet!

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, October 30, 2006 8:35 AM
How come nothing on the jbnw site actually works? Is it going threw some trouble?
Monday, October 30, 2006 1:00 PM
Short story, the previous hosting service folded, so it was transitioned to a new server... there was a compatibility issue w/ the forum software being used and the current server.

Things are in the works to get things back up and running.

Monday, October 30, 2006 6:15 PM
Nomad is here

1985 Sunbird Hatchback | 1991 Sunbird Coupe | 2002 Cavalier LS Sport
Wednesday, November 01, 2006 1:57 AM
Nomad wrote:Nomad is here

What Nomad meant to say is, 'I am from the spokane area and JBNW.org is now back online, if you wanna go ahead and register please by all means go register and post, and im glad to see a new spokane member even though my lazy azz isnt the reason you joined.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaaaaaa

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 10:21 AM
^^ exactly

Thursday, November 02, 2006 3:13 PM
Okay you two twirps.. you can kiss my little white rear rear end. lol Yes I am from Spokane, and yes please sign up.. We need more Spokane peeps with our club! Okay.. now rob and james, go back to your corners for time out!

Thursday, November 02, 2006 5:10 PM
So, its not really a car club though. Its more like a group of people who just like our cars. There is no monthly meetings or due's.
Thursday, November 02, 2006 6:19 PM
Yeah, some people like myself would like to join the club damon.... but I can't because my name is taken, but its taken by my own stupidity. yes i entered my email address wrong and now cannot activate my account.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 6:58 PM
Nomad wrote:Okay.. now rob and james, go back to your corners for time out!

I'm shocked and appalled. Off to my postwhoring

Friday, November 03, 2006 10:33 AM
Bigtemps wrote:Yeah, some people like myself would like to join the club damon.... but I can't because my name is taken, but its taken by my own stupidity. yes i entered my email address wrong and now cannot activate my account.

Damon when you see this post Damon go delete the account calle dbigtemps so he can start over, you very lil' twerp!

Friday, November 03, 2006 10:49 AM
Jonny wrote:So, its not really a car club though. Its more like a group of people who just like our cars. There is no monthly meetings or due's.

Right and wrong, a car club is simply people that have some kind of comon factor in their vehicles coming together for some path to an end, be it racing, showing, or talking trash about other people rides and such, we have all those qualities and more, yet we are also an online community similar to JBO in the similarity that we post random stuff on a forum.

but we also have annual NW all region encompassing meets and events, and local regional meets setup by the individual region directors and members.

The regional directors pay yearly dues to keep the site and other things running for the club, and members are encouraged to donate if willing or are able, and their are benifits for the donating members as well, donating member only perks that will come around in the near future, Some very cool stuff!!

We have club decals and apparel that are sold to members at a no profit margin to rep the club.

Also, JBNW is registered as a non profit organization and we officially support MAD (mothers against drunk driving, as if you didn't know , lol).

So yes we are a official car club, and not just some kids who drive j-bodies.

wether you choose to be just an online poster like JBO members or an actual member of the club and participate in the group is the choice of the individual.

I personally would like to see you be an offical member, we need more spokane region peeps to jump on board the JBNW train, but if you choose to be a forum only member thats cool too, iunput is welcome at www.jbnw.org and is neccessary to keep us going strong, its jsut nice to actually meet the guys behind the keys and make some life long friends/ crew members. I know that JBNW is like a fmaily to me, all be it a messed up disfunctional family but fmaily the same, and i know that i always have these guys to help me if Im in need anywhere near their neighbor hood, kind of like a gang with no spray paint, colors, or crime, and more cars, lol.

I know that was long winded but im passionate about JBNW, and even some day when I move on to a lexus or Beemer or some big money car ill still retain my membership and possibly director status if so allowed, i lvoe these guys! And trust me you ge tot know us wwell enough and you'll love us too.

Friday, November 03, 2006 3:37 PM
Quote:

We have apparel that are sold to members at a no profit margin to rep the club.

That is still in the works I beleive. One of the club member's sponsors, badassgraphics.net (or however its spelled) has agreed (well, we kind of convinced them) to be the supplier of apparel. Not sure if anything has been finalized... I should send them an email.

I'll agree with what James said on the rest of the points, though.

Friday, November 03, 2006 3:55 PM
As the founder:

No member dues, but everything helps...believe me. We don't really do monthly meets because of everyone's schedules, aqlthough we do encourage meetings.

And yes, the regional coordinators do donate and help us out, and we do encourage it in that we are a non-profit.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Friday, November 03, 2006 6:34 PM
I will see what I can do cause this forum is a lot harder to configure and Keeps needs to reset his pw back so I can have control of the forums again.. sit tight while this gets worked out..

Friday, November 03, 2006 9:03 PM
You guys are a little on the passionate side about this jbnw. I will sign up for the online forums and hopefully be able to meet up with you guys for a car meet soemtime. But for now I need to get my car finished.
Monday, November 06, 2006 4:57 AM
Jonny wrote:You guys are a little on the passionate side about this jbnw. I will sign up for the online forums and hopefully be able to meet up with you guys for a car meet soemtime. But for now I need to get my car finished.

thats an understatement, we figured the NW didn't have united J scene, so Keeper and others got together and started JBNW and so now here is the scene, passion paid off for us, lol.

Anyone in spokane
Monday, November 06, 2006 9:00 AM
Well how about you guys use all of this united power and convince my landlord AKA "My girlfriends grandma" that I need a new shop puyt up now and not this spring. I could acomplish so much more in a shop.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search