WTB: Clutch Hose and other parts - North Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WTB: Clutch Hose and other parts
Tuesday, August 10, 2010 5:40 PM
Heya guys!

I am having a problem with my 2003 Cavalier. Basically, while I was driving the clutch pedal would not come back up after I pushed it to the floor. I am an automotive repair n00b, but I did some research and it appears that it can only really be one of a few things. It is either the clutch master cylinder, the clutch slave cylinder, or a leak in the hoses connecting any of the clutch cylinder components. I have since replaced the clutch master cylinder and the hose between the clutch fluid reservoir and the master cylinder, and while it appears to be better than it was (maybe its just my imagination ), the clutch system will still slowly leak pressure (I don't think it is leaking fluid) until the clutch pedal fails to return. I figured the next step was to replace the hose between the slave and master cylinders. This is where I am stuck.

The hose appears to be made of metal and covered in a plastic sheath and seems to be very proprietary. I cannot find where to buy one of these. I thought I found a place online, but upon ordering the part, I discovered it was actually some other part. This is where my questions start.

Does anyone know where I can get this part?
Also, assuming replacing the hose fails, I would have to replace the slave cylinder right?
Would that involve removing the transmission to access the cylinder?
There are a couple of other minor parts I would like to replace on the car as well. Does anyone know of some good junk yards (somewhere around the Seattle / Bothell WA area would be nice) that are likely to have cavaliers around that I can part out? That would certainly solve all of my problems at once.

I hope someone out there has information that would help me. If you know answers to any of these Thank you in advance.

David

Re: WTB: Clutch Hose and other parts
Wednesday, August 11, 2010 9:01 PM
pay attention to the fluid levels, does it get low? if so there's a leak, if not then it is more than likely the master cylinder not holding the pressure.

If you want more experienced replies(this is not my forte) try posting in the maintenance forum or transmission forum. I don't think there are many jbody members in your area that check the forums.
As far as junkyards you are just going to have to search google. I mainly use self service where you pull the parts yourself because you can save well over 50% on the parts. here's one in your area for example click just google self service junkyard and your location
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search