Moving to BC.. have no idea what to expect - Canadian North Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Moving to BC.. have no idea what to expect
Thursday, September 28, 2006 4:49 PM
Hey guys..

Looks like I'll have to start browsing this forum now instead of the canadian mid-east forum.

Found out today that I'm unofficially moving to Burnaby for work.. I know for sure that I'm moving to BC, but Burnaby is what I've been told.. I have no idea if I should be happy or not. From what I've been told so far it's an alright place. I grew up in Sudbury, ON and spent the last 4 years in Ottawa so I'm wondering if it's something comparable to Ottawa city life, or even Sudbury, but most people out west I don't imagine know Sudbury. Some people have told me it's similar to Scarborough in the GTA which I wasn't so impressed to hear.

Also I've read it used to be a nice bedroom community but now it's become more of a business place.. is there a lot of community stuff to get involved in and how're the sports leagues? More importantly soccer and hockey leagues.

And of course I'll have my car.. so last but not least are there frequent 'jbo' get togethers as well?

Thanks alot from an ignorant guy

15.69@86.670 - stock 99Z

Re: Moving to BC.. have no idea what to expect
Sunday, October 01, 2006 10:08 PM
Burnaby is big and is growing.. its right beside Vancouver. there is areas of suburbs
and high rises. its got everything.a couple big parks, and a couple big ice rinks.

14.728 @ 92.14 (65 shot)
Monday, October 02, 2006 9:40 PM
you'll enjoy our winters, they last a week :lol: . i know of many people who have moved out here from ont. the majority loves it here and wouldnt move back. come check out bcjbody.ca and get some more info

-------------

Monday, October 30, 2006 12:23 PM
your blessed. we have 2 BCJ clubs here. one at .ca as Al has mentioned and one at .net. Burnaby is nice and central to everything on the lower mainland. i lived there for 5 years. just don't plan to buy anything there unless you make 6 figures a year!! there's lots of soccer, hockey, lacrosse, racing etc etc on the lower mainland. Metro Town rawks for shopping.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 1:10 PM
Move date's quickly approaching.. once I get settled out there I'll start browsing the bcj forums and see what's up.

15.69@86.670 - stock 99Z
Wednesday, November 15, 2006 1:07 PM
price of gas is what's up!!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 2:51 PM
Expect lots of humping!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 3:13 PM
indeed. /me unfs lenko.

1st 1st gen on air.....
Monday, November 20, 2006 8:18 AM
yur gh3y!!

Thursday, December 07, 2006 7:39 PM
Well I'm here and things are going well, I've got a place in the northeast part of Burnaby and all my stuff has arrived from Ottawa except my car, it's in Boston Bar right now on a rail car but apparently is supposed to take another week to get here...

One question I have is when my car gets here does anyone have a place they recommend to get it safetied? I think Canadian Tire does it but I don't particularly like it when my car is in their hands.. so any suggestions?

And yea.. gas is almost 20 cents more expensive here than back in Ottawa... joy.. and the weather.. is it always this gloomy and cloudy?

Anyways, when I get all settled in I'll be inquiring to whenever you guys meet up if that happens often and I'll try to get out there.

Thanks.

15.69@86.670 - stock 99Z
Thursday, December 07, 2006 7:52 PM
Quote:

is it always this gloomy and cloudy?

During the winter months, yes

Monday, December 11, 2006 7:38 PM
I also need some pads and drums, any suggestions?

15.69@86.670 - stock 99Z
Tuesday, February 20, 2007 12:16 PM
pads and drums.....talk to Clayton(Levelzero) on bcjbody.net. welcome to BC. the weather will get better and you'll love it.

Sunday, April 15, 2007 9:32 AM
This has been our worst winter in history.. so don't think it is always this way. We have had a winter that it did not go below 9c and never snowed..

I would have sold my car in Ont and bought a non rusty here.. if you try to resell your Ont car here you will get a low resale value.

www.jimwww.com
1989 Z24, 5spd, 2.8.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search