Weird Coincidence - Canadian North Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Weird Coincidence
Saturday, March 24, 2007 10:45 PM
Hey guys, I thought I'd just say hi and tell a little bit about myself and my car....
about a year ago I bought a ratbag, beat to hell Geo Metro off a guy named John Lenko. I continued to beat the hell out of the Metro until I got rear ended and the p.o.s. got written off. So, a family member "donated" their cherry 1990 4 door Cavalier to me so could get around. So now here I am lurking around this forum looking ways to get more power out of this gutless wonder for free or relatively cheap. I'm a machinist so the first things that popped into my head that I could do myself are: making some lightweight pulleys, decking the head to increase the compression a bit, tbi spacer, boring the tb, CAI, exhaust, and a mild port and polish (maybe oversize valves while I'm at it?) What do you guys think? I'm not going for anything crazy, but just a little bit more go and a little less slow.

Re: Weird Coincidence
Saturday, March 24, 2007 10:48 PM
Oh yeah, are there any other forums specifically dedicated to the okd school cavy's like mine?
Saturday, March 24, 2007 10:53 PM
Hey Will, how's it going? So the Metro died? Damn.. I was looking forward to seeing it racing around town someday.... I had high hopes in ya

There's a couple of local forums... www.bcjbody.ca and www.bcjbody.net with a bunch of 2nd gens on it. Then there's V6Z24.com which has mostly 2nd gens as well... more towards the V6 side tho.

Monday, March 26, 2007 4:13 PM
Hey man, yeah I was just starting to fix up the bodywork on the Metro when it got written off, the only thing I was pissed about was that I couldn't end the Metro on my own terms Oh well, maybe you'll see me cruising around in my grandma's sweet cavy Thanks for the links to the other forums by the way.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 9:52 AM
was that the Metro named BOB!!??

Friday, July 06, 2007 10:35 PM
One and the same!

Saturday, July 07, 2007 12:29 PM
so Bob went to the big wrecker in the sky!! that makes me sad!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search