Looking for tuners and parts: - Canadian North Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking for tuners and parts:
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 2:39 AM
I have a 95 bodied cav with an 01 2.4L., head lights, taillights, and bumper. I'm looking to spice it up more, in terms of performance, interior, and exterior.
I'm also looking to do the interior a favour trying to kill all the noise. I'm VANCOUVER BC CANADA, and i've been having trouble finding ppl there to do the work

At the same time, I'm also looking for engine and other mods for the car.

At the moment, I have a custom air intake, Enkei RPM2 18"'s, and Koni yellows w/ adjustable springs. Apexi Exhaust and B&M short shifter as well. Any recommendations will be welcomed. I'd like a good balance of ride compliance, power and drivability. Thanks everyone!

Re: Looking for tuners and parts:
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 5:03 AM
ok....

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 7:15 PM
www.bcjbody.ca .... and that sounds like Nates old car .. is it ?

Jay

Thursday, April 05, 2007 10:21 AM
it is! GMSC for the win!!

watch for flying sparks!!!
Saturday, April 07, 2007 10:59 AM
Haha it is. it's got a couple quarks on it though =p
but I'm looking to take his old boy up another level, without blowing it up. LOL
Saturday, April 07, 2007 1:49 PM
Bah, where's your sense of adventure!? Can't have fun with these cars without blowing something up

What kinda "quarks" you trying to fix?

Saturday, April 07, 2007 4:23 PM
Just maybe new engine mounts, suspension compliance bits, basic tuning, interior stuff.
Sunday, April 08, 2007 11:15 AM
I don't know for sure, but I think it's probably got the RK Sport engine mounts in it already... which are pretty solid, therefore transferring a lot of vibrations to the interior. You could put stock ones back in (really expensive new, pretty cheap at a wrecker, I might even have a set laying around here somewhere you can just have..) but the engine and trans will slop around in the engine bay more and you won't have the power transfer you do now. Up to you tho L

Suspension bits? What do you need? Tuning we'll get you up to speed once you boost it! Interior stuff... again, what do you need?

Sunday, April 08, 2007 11:55 AM
the center console bracket for the tranny is broken. Need a new one. I'm looking to just spice it up at the moment. I'm a huge Momo guy so I'm putting momo bits in. The integ seats are kinda wobbly, needs something for spacers I guess. do u run a shop? or know of one? I'm extremely interested to meet up with someone just to discuss and look. The wiper fluid box is also disconnected. needs a new hose. ummm.....suspension bits, I want to see anythingthat can improve ride and compliance. The car tracks all over the place, and the strut tower and struts are clicking a bit, leading me to believe the bearing/bushing between the strut and tower's gone. Want to give me a call to meet up to check it out?? 7788835489
Sunday, April 08, 2007 11:56 AM
I also want to change the pulleys.

THe biggest thing is, I dont' know anyone in town who tunes J-bodies, so I can't even really figure out what I do or do not have in terms of small things.
Sunday, April 08, 2007 12:07 PM
I don't run a shop, nor do I know of one that deals with J-body cars well enough to know what to do... but, in the 7 years I've been a J-body owner (and on this forum), I've owned 5 of them... and I've modified three of them quite a bit (check my registry). I also helped continue BC J-Body from the beginning, up until the recent split between www.bcjbody.ca and www.bcjbody.net

I know a bit I ran 85-hp shots of nitrous on my first Cavalier... 13.8's in the quarter mile at Mission.. my latest one (in sig) is receiving a 3.8L V6 supercharged engine swap at the moment... should be pretty quick when it's done!

The best person to ask would be Nate, the previous owner, as to what the car does and doesn't have... I know your car's history pretty well, I helped Nate do the 01 conversion on it to support the engine swap and the GM Supercharger kit it used to have on it. I don't know what was done to the PCM with the HP Tuners software which Nate had. It's beyond my tuning ability... pretty neat stuff tho I have the V6 version (called DHP Powrtuner) specific to my application tho...

If you want, I can take a look at the car with ya and see what it needs... tell ya where it's best to get it from... then we can figure stuff out. I work for beer... I live in North Van and have all the tools necessary to work on these cars, air compressor and air tools, compression tester, OBD2 scanner, etc. I also have the GM service manuals on DVD so I can diagnose pretty much anything I've also rebuilt the 2.4L before... done oversize valves, cams, etc... swapped from auto to 5 speed on mine (and now back).. yeah, I think I know these cars pretty well... I think it's a bit sad that it's a discontinued platform

Sunday, April 08, 2007 11:27 PM
cool. Let's do that. But how do I get a hold of you? and nate had a S/C on it?? he never told me ><

I don't even know where to buy, what I need, etc etc, because nate didn't explain too much to me about anything. I got BCAA to inspect it, whom didn't even do a good job. I can't even get a hold of nate 'cuz he's always busy =(

I recently just re-purchased my wheels back, so I'm happy with that so far.

But as for the rest....ME NOT KNOW?
Monday, April 09, 2007 11:05 AM
Best way to get a hold of me is on www.bcjbody.ca in the forum... send me a private message... or here works as well. My email is jlenko@shaw.ca.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search