So, I may be moving to Kamloops.... - Canadian North Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
So, I may be moving to Kamloops....
Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:00 AM
I've been offered a pretty big promotion, but I have to move to canada. Any input on what the area is like? Cost of living? I'm excited for the opporunity, but I've never lived in canada lol, hell, I only been to ontario once, and that was my only visit ever lol

Re: So, I may be moving to Kamloops....
Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:33 AM
Never lived there, just drove through. But from what I've heard it seems to be a pretty nice place. If you do facebooking there's a kamloops group that would probably have a ton more information for you.
Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:40 AM
oh noez....DTP a canadian? whats this world coming to

Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:14 PM
Shut UP!! Seriously?!? @!#$ YEAH!!!

Kamloops blows goats... ha ha, just kidding, it's not that bad. It's not really a small town anymore, pretty huge. Nothing like Vancouver tho... but it's only 4 hours away!

You're gonna have to buy a truck tho. No one drives a lowered anything in Kamloops in the winter..

Friday, February 22, 2008 8:19 PM
Can you see the Northern Lights from this area? I've always dreamed of seeing this in person!!!

Friday, February 22, 2008 8:31 PM
I live about an hour away from kamloops.....its a decent place. I like vernon better but yah...its a good sized town about 80,xxx people.

You dont need a truck but you cant drive a lowered car there in the winter. Id suggest comming for a visit and seeing if you like it.

As for the northern lights no...you cant see them but its you can drive 5 - 8 hours and see then very well.
Friday, February 22, 2008 8:31 PM
kamloops isnt bad at all.

you should have no problem seeing the northern lights but im not from there only work in bc constantly

Friday, February 22, 2008 8:44 PM
Hmm ive never seen them here..alwell..They wont be the bright colors prolly a whiter light.

As for cost of living it is pretty expensive Depends what you want of course but a normal house is going to cost you in the 300,000-500,000 range. To rent your going to be around the 1200-1600 a month for a house obviously a little cheaper for a suite. Gas right now is 1.15/l which is about 4.60/gal. You also have to lok into the income tax diffrences as well since canada is one of the most taxed contries in the world. Definatly its worth it...canada is amazing.
Saturday, February 23, 2008 12:13 AM
hooooly crap lol. I would like some confirmation on the northern lights. That's like...top 10 things i want to do in life ya know? if I gotta travel north to get the best view...so be it.

I'm looking for an apartment, somewhere cheapish but i don't have to worry about getting robbed ya know? I don't know when I'm moving yet since the business deal isn't finalized but im expecting that to be done in the next couple weeks and from there i have to wait until the new raised floor is built.

Saturday, February 23, 2008 12:25 AM
Well for an apartment it really depends what your looking for. You can get one over in brock which is the shadier side of town and you are looking at 150,000 to buy or 800 or so a month...but then again you can go east of town and its very very safe and all that there. As with most places the farther out of city center you live the better. You forget though his is canada....you dont get robbed often hehe...Yah the drive up north is actually very nice trip runnin up to pg. Definatly worth it. I used to live up there for a few years. I hope you like hot cause it is a very very hot place in the summer. If you have any questions or anything..pm me or keep asking on here or add me to msn..i can help whereever i can...phil
Saturday, February 23, 2008 11:12 AM
The only time I've ever seen the Northern Lights was from Sylvan Lake, Alberta...

Saturday, February 23, 2008 5:39 PM
Yah ive never seen then in kam or local..when i lived out by squamish there was the odd night id see them. pretty cool.
Saturday, February 23, 2008 9:51 PM
i live in kelowna, i love it here its great, it about an hour and a half to kamloops, i personnally am not a big fan of kamloops but you just cant beat the okanagan in general, great winters, great summers and everything in between yeah it can be pricey to live around here but i think its worth it, and no you will not see the northern lights from kamloops, your gonna have to drive a bit further north for that, anyways if you have and questions i will gladly answer them, just pm me or reply to this ill keep an eye on it, good luck with everything

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:04 PM
Now I miss the Okanagan... but yeah, gotta hate the sunshine tax. Yet at the same time, there's nothing better in my mind than relaxing on Kal beach with a cold bottle of water watching all the Okanagan girls walking by... I think maybe I'll move back there some time soon, it's been far too long.
I love Vernon when I'm gone, but hate it when I'm there.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008 6:05 PM
So.... DTP's not moving to Kamloops after all??

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 2:18 AM
business deal fell through I'm as disappointed as the rest of ya

Monday, December 15, 2008 8:28 AM
holy crap...this is the 3rd post in this forum and it hasnt been touched in 7 months!

wtf

so im thinking about moving to BC. good hockey schools and programs around that area?

Monday, December 15, 2008 8:36 AM
In BC.....for sure

The BC j-body scene is dead at best lol.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search