Bandimere this weekend - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bandimere this weekend
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 11:11 PM
Bandimere is hosting the street machine showdown on Sunday May 1st.

Bandimere News
Apr/25/2005 - Randy Coy & Sons Street Machine Showdown
Coming Sunday, May 1st is the annual Randy Coy & Sons Street Machine Showdown. Open to all street legal vehicles this one day street legal drag-fest offers handicapped drag racing classes for all street legal domestics, imports and motorcycles.

Other special events will include a burnout contest and vendor midway. The smokiest burnout contest will be to see who can create the most smoke with a one-minute time limit. An additional $5 entry fee to benefit race to read will be collected to participate and the contest will be limited to the first fifteen participants.

Drag Racing
Racing is open to all-street legal cars and bikes. Entry fee includes time trials, eliminations on the famous "Thunder Mountain" quarter mile and souvenir license plate. Those entering the facility after 10:00 am will be limited on time runs.

STREET ELIMINATOR BRT
Open to all street legal cars, DOT tires mandatory (full tree, handicapped eliminations).

STREET BIKE ELIMINATOR
Open to all street legal motorcycles, DOT tires mandatory (full tree, handicapped eliminations).

SPORT COMPACT ELIMINATOR
Open to all street legal import & sport compact cars, DOT tires mandatory (full tree, handicapped eliminations).

SUNOCO KING STREET
See Colorado's fastest street cars compete for money and awards in the Sunoco King Street Series. Open to all street legal vehicles running 12.75 seconds & quicker. For complete rules see Sunoco King Street brochure.

Awards
Great trophies will be awarded in each of the racing classes from winner to quarter-finalists.

Smokiest Burnout Contest
Contestants will have the opportunity to prove who can produce the smokiest burnout (1 minute time limit). A $5 fee will be collected from participants in the staging lanes to benefit Bandimere Speedway's race-themed reading program, Race to Read. Limited to the first 15 contestants.

Schedule
Gates open 8:30 am
Time Trials 9:30 am
Eliminations 1:30 pm

Admission
Race/ Show $30
Sunoco King Street $35
Spectator $12
Children 12 and under FREE with paying adult. Discount spectator coupons are available at Coy's Custom Wheel & Tire.
No participant entries accepted after 11:00 am. Commercial Vendor displays are limited, for availability call (303) 697-6013 X102.

Simple Racing Rules
Cars & bikes must be street legal (DOT tires, seat belts, plates, registration, emissions).
Race participants 16 & 17 years of age must have a 2005 Minor Release and Waiver of Liability Form signed by parent or legal guardians. Forms must be current 2005, past years' not applicable. (Forms available at track)
Race participants must have valid driver's license.
Vehicles must run 7.50 and slower.

Re: Bandimere this weekend
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 11:22 PM
I'll go thats my day off!

When in doupt, grub.
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 11:28 PM
Lets meet sunday morning for breakfast and cruise up there. The weather is the biggest factor right now.

Thursday, April 28, 2005 12:33 AM
Shure i have a firend that might wanna go too. But i Live in the springs.

When in doupt, grub.
Thursday, April 28, 2005 6:48 AM
Sorry, I just assumed that you were greg (grizzneg) from metro denver. I didn't even look at the sigs. Well, we will see what happens on saturday and go from there.

Thursday, April 28, 2005 7:30 AM
HAHA, I'd go but I gotta work then I'm gettin tatted!!!!

Sunday, May 01, 2005 12:52 PM
Hey guys if I can get the extra money to go and get my parnets to sign the 2005 Minor Release and Waiver of Liability Form I might try and go. I am just a little short on my car payment this month, but I may be able to get enough for that and to go for the day. My car is still stock at the moment, but I would like to go to just get some times and that way I can compare after this summer when my turbo is in. Anyway I will let you know for sure later this week if I can make it.

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Sunday, May 01, 2005 12:58 PM
It was today and probably cancelled.

Sunday, May 01, 2005 3:34 PM
It was moved to next weekend. Same times and everything. I will be at the state bowling tournament, so I won't be able to make it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search