Pacesetter header has bad welds? - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pacesetter header has bad welds?
Thursday, June 09, 2005 11:50 AM
i've had my pacesetter header (4-2-1) for about 2 years now, and today i start hearing this nasty leaking noise, i thought i was one of my lifters, but when i looked under the hood, it was one of the runner tubes on the pacesetter header. is this problem comon on all pacesetter headers? or did i just get a bad one?

the reason for good sticky tires!

Re: Pacesetter header has bad welds?
Thursday, June 09, 2005 12:41 PM
ive only seen 1 that did it , and his ball socket wore out also , and he didnt have mounts , and your reg says you dont either

Thursday, June 09, 2005 4:31 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan™)]ive only seen 1 that did it , and his ball socket wore out also , and he didnt have mounts , and your reg says you dont either
are you talking about me? because mine was pacesetter. but only my ball socket wore out...

Thursday, June 09, 2005 5:26 PM
remember i told you a weld was starting to crack

and yes it was you

Thursday, June 09, 2005 6:24 PM
i have both upper & lower RKsport engine mounts, the broken weld is at the "Y" where cyl #4 runner is. (i've had the mounts longer then i've had the header installed)

Thursday, June 09, 2005 10:18 PM
you dont have the header wraped do you ? cause the wrap stresses the metal and causes problems also

but cracks do happen in headers , if its been 2 years and you have a recipt you can get warrenty , allthough its not free cause after the first year they are pro-rated

Friday, June 10, 2005 9:07 AM
who knows where my recipt is, i had a local muffler shop reweld the #4 & #2 cylinder runners at the "Y" point for me, i still hear another exhuast leak and i think its comming from under the car, so i'm thinking it might be the ball joint. (but that leak isnt as bad as the upper leak)

and no the header isnt wraped, i dont belive in that junk, its a waste of money :X

Friday, June 10, 2005 11:27 AM
actually the wrap does work , to keep the heat inside it

but it fatigues the metal and causes problems

ive got the stainless headers wraped on my 68 elco , and i can make a 1/4 pass and pull the plugs right after with out burning the crap outta my hands , LOL

id only wrap headers on a race car , or something your driving everyday

Friday, June 10, 2005 3:31 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan™)]id only wrap headers on a race car , or something your driving everyday
sooo... you're saying everyone should wrap their headers? since 99% of the ppl on this board drive there car everyday...

Friday, June 10, 2005 10:19 PM
sorry

you should NOT wrap the headers on a car you drive daily

Saturday, June 11, 2005 12:48 AM
like i said, its a WASTE of money

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search