Got a wierd email today.... - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Got a wierd email today....
Thursday, June 23, 2005 9:22 PM
We are interested in buying your above mentioned ADR Fuel Rims w/ Pirelli Tires at advertised rate. Rims w/ Pirelli Tires will be picked up from your location for onward shipping to London. Cost and modalities of shipping to be born by us.

Payment for the purchase is by check through a debtor in US. The debtor owes us higher than our purchase. He will therefore be sending you a check for $6,000 to cover the cost of our order, as well as the Shipping costs.

On receipt of the check, you will cash and deduct the cost of our order .The balance you will send as we would instruct you to the Agency that will ship the Rims w/ Pirelli Tires to us. If this arrangement suites you fine, please send us your address where to send the check, as well as the name to be on it. Also send us your phone number for easy communication.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Best Regards

FRANKLIN WHITE.

What do you guys think?

Re: Got a wierd email today....
Thursday, June 23, 2005 9:24 PM
ummmmmm scam... definately.... fwd to your ISP

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/835946
Thanks to qwiksilvr00 for the sig!!!
Thursday, June 23, 2005 9:26 PM
The car and everything is sold already I just was wondering what the heck... But if the guy sent me out 6k and it cashed out fine then hell ill buy my friend all new rims of his choice and pocket the rest

Thursday, June 23, 2005 9:30 PM
its a scam... they can get your account number and routing number and all the info they need just from you cashing there check

dont do it

Thursday, June 23, 2005 9:32 PM
w3rd

Thursday, June 23, 2005 9:45 PM
Actually...I've heard of these scams and here's what ends up happening:

You get the check in the mail, you cash it and get the money. You end up sending the "extra" payment to the buyer. So, it seems you've got money in your pocket from the sale...until a few days later the bank tells you that the check was bad and you are to return the money back to the bank. Only now, you have just part of the original $6,000, while the buyer has your money. So, you end up losing money and the buyer gets a payment from you for nothing, and by this time you've already shipped the rims out. So basically, unless you feel like paying someone to take the rims off your hands, then it's probably not a good idea.

Thursday, June 23, 2005 10:12 PM
Yeah, its the oldest scam on the web!!! Well, 2nd oldest, behind the african/south pacific royalty wanting you to hold their money for em...

Friday, June 24, 2005 7:20 PM
thats a SCAM!!!!

my cusin tried it and waited the 2days before sending the cash, and the bank called and said it was fake. lol, so she took the money back to the bank!

the reason for good sticky tires!

719 Customs - Coming soon to a SoCo Area!
[A.K.A. Seven One Nine Customs] (no its not a car club)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search