What up! - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What up!
Friday, July 01, 2005 7:44 AM
Hey guys...
Not new to the J, however new the 2003. Used to own a 96 2.0 Sedan, and totaled it about a year and a half ago. I got an Elantra GLS 5 spd, and totaled that as well. :-p Got me a 2003 Cavalier Coupe. Lets see how long I can hold on to this one...

Im in Albuquerque, NM. Im wanting to change out my CD player and from what Ive heard unless I buy a wiring harness that has the door chime module in it, I will only loose the door chimes(I don't have OnStar). I was thinking I would just go to Best Buy and buy a regular wiring harness w/o the door chime module and hook up my Pioneer DEH-1000. I know its old, but right now, I have NO CD player whatsoever. :-)

Is that the best thing to do?

Thanks and nice to be back,
Chris O.

Re: What up!
Friday, July 01, 2005 12:23 PM
from what i remember you loose a few other things but not sure, i do know most people had to, install both the stock and the after market deck in. (had the stock one in the trunk) I would ask here for more info. http://www.j-body.org/forums/list.php?f=4

Friday, July 01, 2005 7:58 PM
ok, theres a few things,

1) by getting the regular harness, you ONLY loose the door chimes, NOTHING else!
2) read number 1 again!

this has been verified by me personaly and 10 other professional car audio installers around the US i know.

(sorry if i sound a little rude )

the reason for good sticky tires!

719 Customs - Coming soon to a SoCo Area!
[A.K.A. Seven One Nine Customs] (no its not a car club)
Saturday, July 02, 2005 12:26 PM
Go to best buy, get a regular harness and an ant. adapter. There is only one other thing you have to do, t-tap into your wipers for a switched power source because there is not one with the class 2 wiring. You can also get a Peripheral wire harness part #GMCO $99.95 retail. Whats cool about this is you get the switched built in and the door chime stays since we all love it so much anyway. P.S. With this harness the radio will stay on till you open your door just like factory. Is it worth the $99.95? Up to you.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search