SCO Night 6/25 - Page 2 - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: SCO Night 6/25
Saturday, June 18, 2005 2:34 PM
Slo2pt2(aka: Rob) wrote:Thanks for addressing the concerns that we have been trying to do for quite some time now

Most def. Let me know if there is anything else that you guys would like brought up to the powers to be. And like i said if you have questions or sugestions you can email Mikem@sportcompactonly.com

Thanks Guys,
Looking forward to seeing you guys there!

Sunday, June 26, 2005 1:23 AM
wow what a cluster F*#& that was!

I'm going to be sending an E-mail to addy listed...

The only good thing to come out of tonight was that the races were only stopped for cleaning the track & inspecting the track when someone's car broke (Todd )

Now on the the problems, and I heard my setemants echoed by many in the staging lanes.

STAGING
I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no excuse for me to be sitting in the inside staging lave for nearly TWO HOURS! During that time I watched a black Colbalt get 2 runs, a red & white Drag Eclipse and a tricked out civic both get 3 run.

I'm sorry but if I have to buy a helmet, stick wheelie bars on the back of my car and change the 14 on my rear window to a 12 just to spend a reasonable time in staging, so be it.

THe only way I can see this to be fixed is with a competent lane director. The one there tonight focused on the 3 far right lanes, and just about ignored the 2 left hand lanes.

Layout
What was the point of having the only way to get to the staging lanes from the pits was to go through Tech? All than managed to do was create a traffic jam and piss people off. Next time around have the racers go through the regular gate and the show cars & spectators go through the gate we used tonight.

Non-Racers
What's the point of charging the spectators $10 to get in THEN charge them another $5 to park in a parking lot that was in bum f&@% Egypt? If your going to do that, just charge them $15 at the gate and direct them to their lot

Tech
What's the point of tech inspections if they DON'T inspect the cars?!? The guy looked at my tech card, asked me to open my hood and before I had the hood all the way up he said I was good. He never checked my battery, didn't ask or check that the windows or doors worked, didn't check my lights, didn't check my hubcaps. He checked NOTHING! I could have violated every single safety rule and still have been cleared to race.

Cars
I thought SCO nights were for SPORTS COMPACT CARS ONLY!!! How is a 3/4 ton Dodge Durango Considered a "Sports Compact?" It's not, it's a TRUCK, but you still had one out there racing tonight. How is a Viper with a V10 engine or a C5 Corvette with a V8 considered considered "Sports Compacts?" They're NOT! Those are true sports cars, but you had them out there racing. You also had a Pontiac G6 racing there tonight, and that's a full size car, not a sports compact

Help
The event staff was clueless. I asked 6 people what time the racing would end. None of the "flashlight boys" knew, the guy who was controlling the staging lanes didn't know. I found out from the guy at the time slip boot! Informing your workers about simple things like event times or a map of where different booths or attractions were would be a very good idea.

I'm sorry, but it seems like SCO nights keep getting worse and worse every time it rolls around. and after this "well organized" event, i must say... I am NEVER returning to another SCO night until there is some sort of organization. I was there for 4 hours, spent $17 to race, and only got 2 runs in.

Form now on you can find me at speed world Thursday nights or the Friday night "test & tune" at Firebird. Both of which are set up better than this mess, give me a student discount, and allow me to get in at least 6 runs in the same amount of time that I spent at SCO tonight... but you are NEVER going to fine me at another SCO night until EVERYTHING is completely FIXED and organized!

Sunday, June 26, 2005 1:34 AM
DeadBob wrote:The only good thing to come out of tonight was that the races were only stopped for cleaning the track & inspecting the track when someone's car broke (Todd )

hey hey hey no making fun of me

and i agree with everything said above

If I'm weird and everyone else is weird, does that make me normal?
-me

Versus Motorsports really @!#$ sucks
and so does DHL...but more
Sunday, June 26, 2005 2:00 AM
I totally agree with the above comments... maybe you should have someone who actually races organize these events.... then it wouldn't have been the mess that it was... if the whole point of SCO is to get the racers out there, you sure screwed things up... no reason to have the pits on the total other side of the track... why oh why didn't you leave the pits in their normal place? I think I am going to put SCO in the same category as Extreme Auto Fest... off my list of things to do !

Sunday, June 26, 2005 2:31 AM
Yeah!!! What they said but with more cussing and anger!!

Even pure genius is born out of insanity.
Sunday, June 26, 2005 2:37 AM
yeah us racers having to park in a small lot was NOT a GREAT IDEA !!!!!!!!!

we have no way to watch the cars racing

we have no way to have the few of us that dont race to keep a eye on your stuff , and we didnt feel safe leaving our stuff unattended with this arangement also

there was a viper and a GTO also racing tonight , and the tech guys started to tell my friend that his baretta was a full size car , and it has a 4cyl motor stock

the lane calling was a cluster Fk and that is being polite

the consessions was rediculous

i did like the idea of the car show being set aside and bigger area than before , i think the show area should move to where you made the racers park so they are closer to the stands

and move us racers back to the side we are used to being , the extra driving we had to do was rediculous , and i think i should get some of my money back from the extra gas i had to waste driving to get to my parking spot when not racing

ever since sco night quit being on thursdays nights , its gone down hill

tonights was done better in the aspect of not stoping the racing , but all the rest killed the night for alot of us

i only got 3 runs the whole night

Sunday, June 26, 2005 3:04 AM
One thing I forgot to mention in my totally inane and yet vague reply to tonight was my car as well was checked over in about 2 seconds in tech and yet I was bitched at for 5 minutes about the fact that I was wearing a sleeveless shirt. WTF is up with that?

Even pure genius is born out of insanity.
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 6:22 PM
Well, for the most part the event seemed to be a success. I realize that there were some problems with the pits and the routing of cars through the tech area.... We know this was an issue and it will be worked out for the October Event. As promised though the races didnt stop. It was good to see you guys out there. I noticed at least 15 or so cavaliers out there and for those of you who didnt stop by the show we had 2 really nice cavaliers representing the J-Bodies!
Thursday, June 30, 2005 12:09 AM
Sportcompactonly Sportcompactonly wrote:Well, for the most part the event seemed to be a success. I realize that there were some problems with the pits and the routing of cars through the tech area.... We know this was an issue and it will be worked out for the October Event. As promised though the races didnt stop. It was good to see you guys out there. I noticed at least 15 or so cavaliers out there and for those of you who didnt stop by the show we had 2 really nice cavaliers representing the J-Bodies!

ya one of those would happen to be one of the guys from our group. im happy i didnt use money i didnt have to show up that night for something where parking was screwed tech was screwed and apparently so were the lanes. i believe the guys from the tiburon group i also hang out with had complaints about the same issues.

"Theres a time in every mans life where he hits a cross roads and...wait...are you wearing panties?"
AZ-JBO
Thursday, June 30, 2005 9:28 AM
Sportcompactonly Sportcompactonly wrote:Well, for the most part the event seemed to be a success. I realize that there were some problems with the pits and the routing of cars through the tech area.... We know this was an issue and it will be worked out for the October Event. As promised though the races didnt stop. It was good to see you guys out there. I noticed at least 15 or so cavaliers out there and for those of you who didnt stop by the show we had 2 really nice cavaliers representing the J-Bodies!

just wondering if you will respond to the email i sent you ?

Monday, July 04, 2005 9:08 AM
SCO...

If one of those J's was an Orange & Green 03 with the Razzi kit, know he bought the car like that and has only added a few strobes to the interior and bought himself most of the trophies he puts out infront of his car.

Eric,
The E-mail reply i got from SCO a few days ago said that they will be having a meeting with Firebird this week. Aparently the safety tech guys & the lane caller are firebird employees, so those are FB's issues. He also said that they will be having some inhouse meetings to discuss the problems that arose and "will keep me informed" to the out come

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search