Vortech Supercharged Z24 in Colorado! - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Vortech Supercharged Z24 in Colorado!
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 7:17 PM
I was wondering if anyone has seen a Silver Vortech z24 in colorado anywhere. I posted a while back looking for this car. I owned it a while back I was thinking about maybe buying it back. It may not be the only silver vortech Z but if anyone knows who owns one or where one may be please post. Thanks for your time.

Re: Vortech Supercharged Z24 in Colorado!
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 9:51 PM
around what area? colorado is only so big, lol

website comming soon!
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 5:59 AM
Still haven't seen or heard who has your old cav. I'm curious though, why do you want it back??? An SRT-4 would make me more then happy then my cav.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 8:34 AM
i must agree, an SRT-4 has more power stock then any boosted cav [unless its a drag ecotech]

my goal is to own a srt-4 in about 3-4months [along with keeping my cav]

website comming soon!
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 8:59 AM
sticky tires / HTR / 719C wrote:i must agree, an SRT-4 has more power stock then any boosted cav [unless its a drag ecotech]

Did you not say in another thread that you were trying to get an Ion Redline?? Im confused.

Jason P.
Illusive Dreams
Denver Based Photographer
Specializing in Portrait, Event and Automotive Photography

http://www.illusivedreams.org
http://illusivedreams.zenfolio.com (newest work)
http://www.myspace.com/jaycejwu (add me)
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 5:10 PM
Good luck on finding your old Cav, Doug. I haven't heard/seen anything on the north end of the state.

sticky tires / HTR / 719C wrote:i must agree, an SRT-4 has more power stock then any boosted cav [unless its a drag ecotech]

I will beg to differ you on this statement about a SRT4 being faster then any boosted cav. I piss A LOT of people off in my sedan and I have seen what they run at Bandimere and they are not that impressive. You ask me, SRT4's, WRX's, STi's are all over hipped. I can dust a stock STi with little to no problem, the main problem I have with them is launching as they are AWD but once I get mine in second gear and the tires to stop spinning I will catch them and be passing them by 3rd gear. There are a few people that know me on here and know how I drive and wouldn't put it past me..Jason is one of them..

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 6:25 PM
Sticky Tires: Colorado Is big but I think whoever bought my Cav doesnt live in the springs like I do so I just put colorado.
Grizznegg: My srt4 is overall a better car but I loved the attention the cav got since it was vortech supercharged. Every Srt4 is boosted. NOt every cav is boosted. It was just something different you know. IT also Had the worst torque steer you could ever imagine. All my friends loved the 1st to 2nd shift. I actually loved the torque steer too. It was my first boosted car so I kindof wished I didnt sell it. Well hopefully one of these days I will see it on the road. Thanks for all the replies.
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 6:33 PM
Black2000: what are you running now? Do you have a swap. I saw the 96z24 14.8 time slip. That is really good. I only did a 15.5 in the cav. I dont see my cavs in the 14's. My srt4 did a 14.1 this year. Since then I found a small boost leak and ported my intake manifold. I am pretty sure I will be in the 13's the next time I go to the track.
Thursday, August 11, 2005 2:51 AM
Well, I was running stock injectors with a FMU with the FPR unhooked and a inline fuel pump at about 5 psi and that car was a automatic (the 96 z24).
Since then I put the turbo on my sedan after I did a 2.4 swap. Right now I am still on stock injectors, stock fuel pressure and stock fuel pump. I am running full 2 1/2" exhaust with a high flow cat and I have the full Emanage system in it also (non tuned yet). As for boost, I have no idea to how much I am running as I have been too lazy to put my boost gauge in the car but it should be 4-5psi. The last time I put my Gtech meter on it said it ran a 14.73 @ 101.3mph. I am still running the stock clutch which is slipping terribly.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search