Anyone in the Brighton, CO area - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone in the Brighton, CO area
Thursday, August 11, 2005 6:20 PM
Hey everyone it has been a long time since i have posted here, but my cavy is broke down and i need to troubleshoot it just wondering if anyone was in the brighton area maybe willing to help

Re: Anyone in the Brighton, CO area
Thursday, August 11, 2005 7:37 PM
I just moved back to Longmont a few months ago from Fort Lupton.

I would be willing to give you a hand.. Email me if you want, address is in profile.

Whats the car doing?

Thursday, August 11, 2005 7:45 PM
It cranks and turns over it just won't fire or start up L_CGarduno@yahoo.com
Thursday, August 11, 2005 7:49 PM
Sounds like the crank sensor went out, this happened to me before and it wouldn't run... I have an extra if you want to throw it in and see if it runs..This is a simple job.

Or it may be the fuel pump..

How many miles are there on the car?

Friday, August 12, 2005 2:47 PM
it has 54000 miles i know that is alot for a 2002. I don't think it is the fuel pump because if i just try to start it by just cranking it my garage will reek of gas fumes just getting pushed through the system
Friday, August 12, 2005 6:28 PM
Okay i just replaced the crankshaft position sensor and it still will not fire and i bought a spark tester and it produces a spark what else could be the cause of my car not staring
Friday, August 12, 2005 7:43 PM
Did you try holding the gas pedal to the floor? You might have it flooded from trying to start it and when you put the gas pedal on the floor while cranking it will cut the pulse to the injectors so they won't let any fuel in the engine.

Is the theft system light flashing at you or anything?

Check your fuses too, there is a PCM/ECM fuse. I doubt that is blown but that is another step checked.

Friday, August 12, 2005 8:25 PM
No there are no lights flashing at me and no i wasn't holding the gas pedal down it will make my garage smell like gas if i just turn the key and let it crank by itself. All of the fuses and relays are in good shape
Friday, August 12, 2005 9:00 PM
check your vacum lines?

does anyone in CO have a OBD2 scan tool? (besides me)
if so, scan his ecu for any hiden codes [if it threw any]

possibly the ecu got fryed??

are you positive that the engine is getting the fuel? check to see if you have any gas leaks.

maybe the gas filter is so clogged that only a very little of the fuel is reaching the engine?

i'm juz throwing out idea's, so dont go flaming me & quoting me

website comming soon!
Friday, August 12, 2005 9:55 PM
i had my cousin bring over a fuel pressure gauge and put it on my rail and it read 44psi when i turn the key into the on position so i believe that is enough pressure. I will try to go to autozone and rent an odb2 scanner to see if it is throwing any codes or not. Thanks for the help and ideas on how to get the cavy back on the streets.
Saturday, August 13, 2005 2:45 AM
Well if it stinks like gas that bad then I would guess that it is flooded. Holding the gas pedal down isn't going to hurt it, it will help unflood it and won't put any more gas in the engine (as I said earlier, it keeps the injectors from opening up/firing, look in your owners manual, it will tell you the same thing).

There is also a camshaft position sensor on the intake cam tower right by the throttle cables. I know on mine I can unplug the camshaft position sensor and it will still run. The main thing the camshaft position sensor does is it correlates to the crankshaft to camshaft position so that the PCM can determine which cylinder is ready to be fueled by the injector. This sensor is also used to determine which cylinder is misfiring when misfire is present.

I personally think its flooded still.. You state you have spark and gas and a gas smell. If it isn't flooded then the timing chain may have jumped but I don't think your car has enough miles to do that.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 12:12 PM
where do you live i live in brighton off of bromley!
Friday, August 26, 2005 11:21 PM
I live off of N. 50 and Bridge the kb homes on the northeast corner. I found out it is the ignition control module i had a friend take it to the dealership where he works and checked it out and said it is bad. So now i am trying to find a used one.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search