2nd gen for sale in CO - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2nd gen for sale in CO
Saturday, December 31, 2005 7:01 PM
I know Second Gen cars dont get as much love on here as the Third Gens do, but I would like to put my car up for sale here...

Stats:
1989 Pontiac Sunbird SE (made up to look like a 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24)
2.0L 5-speed Manual Transmission
130,000 miles
Customized interior
Customized exterior
Neon under glow
30% Window tint added only 1 month ago
Spoiler
Tinted tail lights

Here are some photos:

Definitely a good project car for someone to take and do with as they please. Paint could use a little touch up. Car runs fantastic, has a clean title (can give a Carfax to anyone interested).

Looking for $1800 OBO (but dont low ball me)

Re: 2nd gen for sale in CO
Monday, January 02, 2006 12:47 AM
Dave not trying to be an ass here but 1800 is waaaaaay too much for that car... i know you have done some stuff to it but the types of mods you did dont raise the value of a car $1300 +

Excellent $525
"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Good $410
"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. There should be little or no rust on this vehicle. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail. Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.

Fair $250
"Fair" condition means that the vehicle has some mechanical or cosmetic defects and needs servicing but is still in reasonable running condition. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and/or interior need work performed by a professional. The tires may need to be replaced. There may be some repairable rust damage.

Poor N/A
"Poor" condition means that the vehicle has severe mechanical and/or cosmetic defects and is in poor running condition. The vehicle may have problems that cannot be readily fixed such as a damaged frame or a rusted-through body. A vehicle with a branded title (salvage, flood, etc.) or unsubstantiated mileage is considered "poor." A vehicle in poor condition may require an independent appraisal to determine its value.

Monday, January 02, 2006 10:58 AM
Yeah, those prices are trade-in or dealer value. The insurance company said it is worth around $1700-$1800 dollars.

Monday, January 02, 2006 11:18 AM
Besides, I have it down as $1800 OBO....

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 1:00 AM
actually those are private party prices

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 1:09 AM
What is your source?

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:46 PM
Looks to me like he was using KBB Private Party Value

(Insert really cool picture of my car with some catchy name or slogan here)
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 1:15 AM
yeap KBB private party

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search