Salt Lake area junk yards, or 03+ cavi salvage or lower dash for sale - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Salt Lake area junk yards, or 03+ cavi salvage or lower dash for sale
Sunday, May 13, 2007 8:46 PM
Howdy,

I am looking for some good junk yards in the salt lake area. I have searched 5 or so here. I found that State St. Auto Wrecking has a lot of newer cavaliers but they all are pretty beat up. I need the lower dash cause...mine is cracked.

So if anyone knows any good junk yards with cavaliers 2000 or newer in them let me know.

Or if anyone has a lower dash they don't wan't also....let me know

or if anyone around here has a 03 or newer cavi with rear end all smashed in that'd be fine too, I could take out the part I need or just buy the freaking car. Heh, I can do a lot of work from it if its all power crap and still has its engine

Thanks,

Re: Salt Lake area junk yards, or 03+ cavi salvage or lower dash for sale
Tuesday, May 15, 2007 1:38 AM
Well I got my new dash today. I don't need that part anymore....

I'd still like to salvage a 2003 or newer cavi. I like the 2003 and up front end a lot better not to mention the ecotec engine. The rear end can be toasted up to the gas tank. (I want to get the fuel lines) But I might have to get those from a different car. I guess it all depends. Really its more reasonable to get a cavi with a good front end and from drivers seat back destroyed.....

Then find a second one with a trashed front end but a good cab back........
Thursday, May 31, 2007 4:38 PM
Hey bro ACE has some cavis you might wanna check them out. Theyre kinda pricey though......

Ive never seen u around before where do you live ???

you might have seen my cav around its arrival blue with 17s and white ecotec decals

***Looking for a BLUE 03+ STOCK cavi wing pm me if ya got one you wanna sell***

Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:57 PM
I live in Lehi for a few more weeks, then going to Sandy, then after that who knows, thinking of Provo. Where you at?

I am not sure what ACE is.

Any chance you have a garage I can store a wrecked car in? Heh, I am thinking of buying one and just renting some storage space till I can get the parts off it I want. If I end up getting this car I could hook you up with the stock wing from it. It is blue metallic, i dunno what color that is, if it's Arrival Blue or not. But thats if I end up getting the car. Which is a big maybe at this point.

Are there any j-body clubs around here? Along with buying this wrecked car i was thinking of doing an eco swap and looking for someone with some experience in that.

Thanks dude
Thursday, May 31, 2007 10:06 PM
Well I'm in west valley ace is an auto salvage place they're kinda pricy though....

There aren't any cav clubs but me and a kid with an eco cavi were thinkin bout startin one called 22/24

I wish I had a garage! That would be badass ...... but i don't .... if you get that cav let me know man

Thursday, May 31, 2007 11:20 PM
Do you have any experience with engine swaps?

It looks like Brett Basham and lyndon wixom are both from this area as well.

You say a "kid with an eco cavi", implying that your not also a kid, so how old are you if you don't mind me asking? just curious. I'm almost thirty. Like I said I am contemplating an ECO swap. i have a buddy who is into hondas and has done lots of engine swaps on them but doesn't know anything about j-bodies. It'd be cool to have someone around our age to help with stuff and bring more knowledge to the table.

Thanks for the replies
Thursday, May 31, 2007 11:29 PM
Lol no I'm a noob I'm 18 but its nice to actually find someone in utah that's into cavis.....

The great thing is this site will help you with everything they're guys on here that can help you a lot like Darkstars..... and many others.....

Thursday, May 31, 2007 11:39 PM
Yeah after reading the FAQ's about the engine swap it doesn't seem to hard. But then there are always things that come up that its good to have plenty of experience. I'd sure hate to break my good car trying to upgrade it!

Nothing wrong with being 18, I am a noob as well. There are tons of guys and gals on here that can answer just about any question, its true. We gotta find a Guru out here though. Lyndon Wixom works at a shop it seems. Maybe I will hit him up for some knowledge, see what he knows heh
Thursday, May 31, 2007 11:43 PM
Alright bro maybe we can get a cav meet goin ..... I'm lookin for a place to do my catback if you know a place that will install outside parts....

Sunday, September 30, 2007 4:10 PM
i install just about everything that has to do with cars.... i only work on cavis and SRT-4's, so im pretty good. i live out in west jordan, and im also 18. i drive a 2000 cav.

Veritas Aequitas

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search