cobalt owners - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cobalt owners
Friday, June 08, 2007 12:30 PM
since i'm just a basic member i could only put one classified ad up so i decided to make a post (hope this is o.k.)

I have an alluminum pulley for sale for a cobalt
Lightened Billet Aluminum
Crank Pulley
Designed by Z-Spec as the lightest crank pulley
on the market for quicker revs and better
acceleration.

I am asking $75 it is about 2 months old works fine, but i don't have alot of performance on my car so i decided to put my stock pulley back on.
Here's a picture from z-spec.com

and a stock antenna
i have my stock antenna in in excellent condition that i'm selling. I was going to throw it out but decided to post it here in case someone may be needing one. I"ll accept any reasonable offer I don't think it's worth much.

05 Mazda RX-8

Re: cobalt owners
Friday, June 08, 2007 8:34 PM
I'll give ya a buck plus shippin

***Looking for a BLUE 03+ STOCK cavi wing pm me if ya got one you wanna sell***

Friday, June 08, 2007 11:08 PM
a buck for what?

05 Mazda RX-8
Friday, June 08, 2007 11:12 PM
The antenna

***Looking for a BLUE 03+ STOCK cavi wing pm me if ya got one you wanna sell***

Saturday, June 09, 2007 12:27 AM
i have no clue how much the antenna is gonna cost to ship.. ill figure it out and let you know a total and we can go from there...a $1 seems extremely cheap lol

05 Mazda RX-8
Saturday, June 09, 2007 1:15 AM
06cobaltldy wrote:i have no clue how much the antenna is gonna cost to ship.. ill figure it out and let you know a total and we can go from there...a $1 seems extremely cheap lol

its a stock antenna

Saturday, June 09, 2007 4:52 AM
You really want to get rid of this pulley don't you? I know of three people that would buy it and try it, but I don't know if you even want to talk through me to them. If I had the money and it fit my car for that matter, I would have taken it from you, but seeing that it doesn't have the 6th rib on there.

14 bottles of nitrous and a Dry 100 shot!
Saturday, June 09, 2007 11:06 AM
Just inform me of who rey. I have to get it off first. I"ve just been told the pulley could be screwing up my car because I don't have the horse power or the modifications like you have. and with my car continually dying in turns. I"m trying to just see my options and fix everything.

A. putting the stock pulley back on-i was told that the aluminum one vibrates my internal engine parts a little too much and could screw up my car.
B. going with an intake that is made for the car-instead of the money we spent making the custom, buy one that's actually built for my cobalt to see if that helps it better, maybe there is a leak and we don't know about it (just stuff i was told)
C. get my exhaust re-done.

those are the only three mods i've done to my car. it's not to diss on you. I spent the money on this stuff thinking i was helping my car, but in fact i may be hurting it. when my car died a 4th time I had had it..it's going to kill me if it continues...It's not just dieing when i start it. It's dieing in the middle of turns in the middle of the traffic. So please when u "view" the other sites, know that this isn't a diss on you. I'm trying my best to get my car to run right.

If anyone you know is interested in it, tell them to talk to me. i'm not mad at anyone anymore if it's your cobalt friends fine..I can be an adult as long as they are one too simple as that. I'm asking $75. You know it's not that old and it's not ruined.

You know where i'll be tonight if you want to bring whoever wants it or yourself to come get it. I am pulling it off today.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Saturday, June 09, 2007 11:13 AM

05 Mazda RX-8
Saturday, June 09, 2007 11:15 AM
WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:
06cobaltldy wrote:i have no clue how much the antenna is gonna cost to ship.. ill figure it out and let you know a total and we can go from there...a $1 seems extremely cheap lol

its a stock antenna

yeah i know i was just being stupid..

if they are serious just pm me let me know where you live and we'll work out a cheap deal. I just see alot of cars who drive around without antennas..and you never know someone may want to put a stock one no and keep their aftermarket antenna if they want to sell their car.

05 Mazda RX-8
Saturday, June 09, 2007 6:46 PM
The Red Ferret-i can't get the pulley off tonight...it will have to be sunday. so whomever wants it can either pay me tonight and i'll hand it off to you sunday night or you can let me know through a pm who wants it and tell them to contact me on sunday.

05 Mazda RX-8
Sunday, June 10, 2007 12:41 AM
Jen, why not save it for when you do have more mods to your car! Im sorry to say but I still dont think your pulley is the problem. Your problem happened right when you got your exhaust done. I say put it ack and see what it does, then move on from the mods youve done. { the most recent to the first done }

Just still trying to help out!
No point in back tracking all the way when you only got to step back once. Saves you moeny too!

But ive told you this already so do what you feel is best!

now DIE!

Sunday, June 10, 2007 3:58 AM
First of all, your car had problems before you modded it. You said it yourself, I witnessed it. The intake is not the problem, becuase it starts and runs when it's supposed to. The exhaust is not the problem, becuase it's moving the spent gasses to the back of your car instead of smoking up your interior. Last, I have had plenty experiance with lightweight and underdriven pulleys, I had one on my cavy before I even began seriously modding it. Trust me when I say that the crank pulley is not your problem, nither is your exhaust at fault, or the intake for that matter. I just stated that you could have saved money had you waited another week for the $90 intake, and it would have been a real cold air setup.

14 bottles of nitrous and a Dry 100 shot!
Sunday, June 10, 2007 4:34 AM
i'm just trying to fix everything for the lawsuit. to make it look as professional as possible so that if the lawyer sends someone down here they can't say oh this is this and that is that.

05 Mazda RX-8
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search